Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Can we talk about the great ideo to introduce Like A Prayer with the guitar intro of the album version ?!!! I couldn't belive my ears !! This version was everything, the whole place was in heaven during that song.

It was such a highlight for me as well, and I was also so excited to hear the guitar intro! It’d be great to hear it with live guitars one day. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Hi !

I saw the show on Paris opening night saturday 22th (after cancellation of my show that was the 20th) and I was happy to have a chance to see her and the show, Rang L, seat 36 ! not too bad !!

I loved it, although it is true she began very late that night, at midnight as everyone knows, but I was there to see Madonna, the rest of the audience was also very patient... we knew early this was gonna be a long night...

The fado group was nice, the Madonna songs began to wake everyone up !!

And the arrival of Jean-Paul Gaultier brought joy to everyone, he was greatly welcomed bu the audience, acclamation and cheers.

Then midnight !

I loved the show...2h15 ? Well it felt really 1 hour, time went by so quickly, really.

God Control, I was not a fan of that song (loved the video though) but live, I enjoyed it. The disco upbeat song is a perfect opener.

Dark Ballet is great, I loved the way she disturbed the piano player... Human Nature too... very good version.

The whole portuguese section is my fav part I guess... The intro and then Batuka is brilliant, perfectly recreating the video, which is great. The movements, the smiles, the singing, I loved it all.

Medellin is even better live, much better vocally than the Billboard awards version. I 1/2/cha/cha/cha with fun and anergy, it was really great to enjoy myself on this track I've been listening to a lot since may 2019. What a fabulous track ! I was glad it came like a real big number in this section.

Loved Crazy, Extreme Occident, too... but I really really loved Killers. Moved me to tears. It's a great song and she sings it her heart out. Highlight !

Frozen, It's not that I didn't like it, but I was expecting much power in this version (it's slower than the original... was not moved like many of you by it.

Come Alive is sure another hightlight. The song is great, this live intro, longer than on the album, is really good, it is visually stunning. I loved it.

Can we talk about the great ideo to introduce Like A Prayer with the guitar intro of the album version ?!!! I couldn't belive my ears !! This version was everything, the whole place was in heaven during that song. She's got to make it on any Madonna concert setlist. Hightlight

Future was okay, but it's king of sad with the images. loved the album version much better though

I rise was okay too, I enjoyed the song more live, just like God Control.

In the end I was happy because I didn't see or knew much about the tour and I was afraid it lacked what I admire in any Madonna tour: the show, the choreos, the way she perfoms ...and you got it all in the Madame X Tour, that was a relief from the start.

I love the fact she's still passiionnate about her way to perfom, in spite of the injury, I think she did just great.

The voice... I was happy to ear everything was live, a little bit autotuned sometimes but at least it was live and I appreciated that !

Usually I go and see every tour twice but this time it was the one night only for me, and I just wish to see her again...

See I was 12 in 1989 when I bought my first Madonna record, becoming a fan thanks to The Blond Ambition Tour, so I will just admit or confess that I was moved to see her live in Le Grand Rex. I mean she's still alive and well (well, she's injured) but she still is performing. She's brilliant.

I was happy that so many critics in France praise the show and her performance (still pointing the late shows), I was not used to it.

I hope she will definitely go on and tour in the future. She's forever my idol and I listen to a lot of music.

I'm french so remeber that english is not my language !!

Excellent...and full of heart and soul. I so enjoyed all of your details. I especially loved the way you described Medellin.  I have a feeling this performance is the one I would have loved the most. Thank you thank you for taking us there. ??

Thank you so much !:cute:

I forgot to write how much I loved American Life too. The "fuck it" in the end of the song, good idea !

I loved how she really served the original versions of the songs, or at least she didn't try to remix them too much this time...

I would also add that I'd only wish for a revisited fado hit it the portuguese section. She could have done the fado version of Like a Virgin. Would habe benn fun and everyone would have sung it with her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Mister_Pop said:

I forgot to write how much I loved American Life too. The "fuck it" in the end of the song, good idea !

I loved how she really served the original versions of the songs, or at least she didn't try to remix them too much this time...

I would also add that I'd only wish for a revisited fado hit it the portuguese section. She could have done the fado version of Like a Virgin. Would habe benn fun and everyone would have sung it with her.

I really loved the fado versions of Secret and Don’t Tell Me that the live musicians did prior to the show. I would have loved if she performed those songs in the fado cafe section. 

2 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

In the beginning, so many complained she was doing American Life but I'm really glad she included it. It sounds just excellent. Good idea on Like A Virgin. I always wished she had included Beautiful Killer too somehow. 

I still can’t believe how she missed the opportunity to include Easy Ride, Beautiful Killer, Die Another Day, The Power of Goodbye, Bad Girl, Nothing Really Matters and Why’s It So Hard.

Each of these songs is either so fitting to the context of Madame X being a secret agent, or so on point with their message and so relevant today...

9 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I still can’t believe how she missed the opportunity to include Easy Ride, Beautiful Killer, Die Another Day, The Power of Goodbye, Bad Girl, Nothing Really Matters and Why’s It So Hard.

Each of these songs is either so fitting to the context of Madame X being a secret agent, or so on point with their message and so relevant today...

There so many of them indeed... my personnal would be Like It Or Not, could be a good signature song if she wanted to BUT in the end I'm glad she choose to defend her current album with a majority of new songs, especially when they're so good !

I forgot again to say how much I love IDSIF, again, what a special song this is... loved it live !

10 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

So true. It would have been perfect and a dream for those songs to have been a part of this tour with its concept. 

6 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

There so many of them indeed... my personnal would be Like It Or Not, could be a good signature song if she wanted to BUT in the end I'm glad she choose to defend her current album with a majority of new songs, especially when they're so good !

I forgot again to say how much I love IDSIF, again, what a special song this is... loved it live !

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m so very happy that she focused on new material because usually I go to concerts to see the new songs not the old hits, but I wish she performed those instead of Human Nature, Vogue, American Life, Like A Prayer, 2 cover songs and interludes with no real songs by her.

I’m still gutted that she cut God Control from my shows and didn’t ever perform Looking For Mercy ??

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

So true. It would have been perfect and a dream for those songs to have been a part of this tour with its concept. 

Yes! They’re such incredible songs, most of which are singles that were rarely or never done on tour. ?

1 hour ago, Mister_Pop said:

Can we talk about the great ideo to introduce Like A Prayer with the guitar intro of the album version ?!!! I couldn't belive my ears !! This version was everything, the whole place was in heaven during that song. She's got to make it on any Madonna concert setlist. Hightlight

This is definitely a new addition to the show, post-removal of Crave. The intro to Like a Prayer has been modified. I'm 100% certain that the guitar intro wasn't present in LA when I saw the show. So cool to hear it in the new recordings!

Might I also say how impressed I am by how much her voice is still holding up in Paris? She sounds fabulous!

By the way -- Do any recordings of the short show exist? Haven't yet heard one.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

My review of last night!!!

Lovely hearing your immediate thoughts after the show! I'm sorry to hear you were late, what a nightmare. Fingers crossed you get GC on your next date. I'm glad to hear other people are ranking IDSIF as a highlight! It's one of my favorite MX songs but for some reason i didn't expect it to work as well live as it actually does. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
37 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Nice to see "I Don't Search, I Find" getting love and praise!

It was a fantastic performance. I loved the old Hollywood glamour and noir theme of the performance so much! 

2 hours ago, techno101 said:

This is definitely a new addition to the show, post-removal of Crave. The intro to Like a Prayer has been modified. I'm 100% certain that the guitar intro wasn't present in LA when I saw the show. So cool to hear it in the new recordings!

Might I also say how impressed I am by how much her voice is still holding up in Paris? She sounds fabulous!

Yes I was very surprised when I heard that because I didn’t think I’d heard that in bootlegs. It was very cool!

It also meant the audience immediately recognized the song and went wild!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Probably my fave performance along with Extreme Occident

Good choices! I’d say my top three performances would have to go to:

Frozen

Come Alive

Crazy

3 hours ago, techno101 said:

Both Feb. 6 and 9 are short shows, but LQ recordings:

45 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes I was very surprised when I heard that because I didn’t think I’d heard that in bootlegs. It was very cool!

It also meant the audience immediately recognized the song and went wild!

I think the guitar intro was in all the London shows I was at, but unless it's now longer it didn't impress me much. I even thought it was badly mixed with the Crave video...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think the guitar intro was in all the London shows I was at, but unless it's now longer it didn't impress me much. I even thought it was badly mixed with the Crave video...

I thought this as well. It was exciting to hear the guitar intro, but going from the Crave intro to the guitar riff looked and sounded really cheap. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic