Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

On 1/8/2020 at 6:01 PM, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Wouldn't we know something by now if she was recording there?

I fear another MDNA or Rebel Heart Tour recording with a mix of all shows to be honest...

Well, they kind of had to with Miami due to a lot of people leaving and of course using Olympia footage and other dates as well. Rebel Heart was originally supposed to a Sydney show before it was a compilation release.

With the last two hours and Tears of a Clown, there have been notes and alerts that the show will be taped but nothing has turned up as of yet.

52 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I'm sure they mean those who run it will be attending the show and might be filming outside the venue.  It's a bit vague and misleading of them, since they didn't really say where they would be "live" from, but I'm sure they did it to sucker people in to watch their broadcast.

Wouldn't be surprised if they snake a camera or recording device and do Facebook live until they are caught, the feed goes off or their phone/camera dies. Almost every Rebel Heart show had a live stream on Periscope so I wouldn't be surprised if that's their goal but good luck with not getting caught and thrown out.

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Looking at the recent videos of M in Lisbon on Instagram, something doesn't seem right with her. 

We only got two videos right? And she's walking, examining the coliseum and hugging people.  

The other is just her putting on some make up. 

She actually seems less tired and refreshed. But maybe it's just me.

3 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

We only got two videos right? And she's walking, examining the coliseum and hugging people.  

It's when she said don't ask about how she's feeling which confirmed my instinct. 

5 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I get really positive vibes from her. She looks so rested and ready to go. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

It's when she said don't ask about how she's feeling which confirmed my instinct. 

Well...i'm sure she's not recovered yet. 

And let's be honest...it's obvious something about this tour isn't going the way she intended. And i don't mean her knee.

Now she's in the middle of this commitment and she's not looking nearly as excited as she was in the beginning. 

14 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I get really positive vibes from her. She looks so rested and ready to go. 

She maybe rested and ready to go, yet once the performances start again and her knee gives way it'll be a totally different story. 

Personally I think she needs more time to recover and sort her knee issues out. 

5 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Well...i'm sure she's not recovered yet. 

And let's be honest...it's obvious something about this tour isn't going the way she intended. And i don't mean her knee.

Now she's in the middle of this commitment and she's not looking nearly as excited as she was in the beginning. 

I really think it's the tour hasn't turned out the way she visioned it and there were people behind her pushing to get on the road to promote the album as soon as it came out. 

Based on what M has said previously about wanting a more theatrical presentation of her work.  If that was the case the writing, music arrangement, production, venue planning, rehearsals etc...would have pushed the tour start date to around now (if done properly of course). 

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I don't know anymore.  It might just be her playing the sympathy card some.  Then again, I still believe the knee is giving her trouble and she is only going to end up canceling some future shows again.  Hopefully, she had the good sense to NOT be climbing that ladder.  The steps play too much of role in the entire show, so I can't see her ridding the stage of that or her not using them like she has through previous shows.

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they snake a camera or recording device and do Facebook live until they are caught, the feed goes off or their phone/camera dies. Almost every Rebel Heart show had a live stream on Periscope so I wouldn't be surprised if that's their goal but good luck with not getting caught and thrown out.

I know some will scoff at me for saying this, but personally, I find it very disrespectful for anyone to sneak cameras in when she has requested people to leave their cameras and phones off.  Those who chance it, I hope they get kicked out.   From what I've heard, many who have already been caught have had to delete their footage/pics.  I mean; how hard is it just to go to the show and enjoy it?  Some here are so desperate to see whatever, that they totally disregard Madonna's wishes.  It's not like anyone is going to get good video footage since anyone trying would have to be very discreet with the camera!  Madonna has been quite generous with her own pics and video footage. Why can't that be enough?  There is no way she isn't going to film this show, if she hasn't already. 

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I know some will scoff at me for saying this, but personally, I find it very disrespectful for anyone to sneak cameras in when she has requested people to leave their cameras and phones off.  Those who chance it, I hope they get kicked out.   From what I've heard, many who have already been caught have had to delete their footage/pics.  I mean; how hard is it just to go to the show and enjoy it?  Some here are so desperate to see whatever, that they totally disregard Madonna's wishes.  It's not like anyone is going to get good video footage.  Madonna has been quite generous with her own pics and video footage. Why can't that be enough?  There is no way she isn't going to film this show, if she hasn't already. 

Also you're not going to get a good footage in a theatre as you would at a stadium concert, unless you had a direct clear view of the stage. 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Also you're not going to get a good footage in a theatre as you would at a stadium concert, unless you had a direct clear view of the stage. 

Especially since they have to hide the camera.  The footage that's already out there, is awful footage, and I will not watch it.  It's silly because you can't really see anything. And I know people have recorded the audio, but this is one of those shows that you need to see it to really enjoy it. 

I'll wait for the Concert Madame X film she releases in 2026. LOL!

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

Especially since they have to hide the camera.  The footage that's already out there, is awful footage, and I will not watch it.  It's silly because you can't really see anything. And I know people have recorded the audio, but this is one of those shows that you need to see it to really enjoy it. 

I'll wait for the Concert Madame X film she releases in 2026. LOL!

Seriously since she's performing in a theatre, she could have streamed one performance live around the world into cinemas like they do with Operas and other musical performances. She would have made a killing at the box office. 

11 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I don't know anymore.  It might just be her playing the sympathy card some.  Then again, I still believe the knee is giving her trouble and she is only going to end up canceling some future shows again.  Hopefully, she had the good sense to NOT be climbing that ladder.  The steps play too much of role in the entire show, so I can't see her ridding the stage of that or her not using them like she has through previous shows.

I know some will scoff at me for saying this, but personally, I find it very disrespectful for anyone to sneak cameras in when she has requested people to leave their cameras and phones off.  Those who chance it, I hope they get kicked out.   From what I've heard, many who have already been caught have had to delete their footage/pics.  I mean; how hard is it just to go to the show and enjoy it?  Some here are so desperate to see whatever, that they totally disregard Madonna's wishes.  It's not like anyone is going to get good video footage since anyone trying would have to be very discreet with the camera!  Madonna has been quite generous with her own pics and video footage. Why can't that be enough?  There is no way she isn't going to film this show, if she hasn't already. 

Yep, Janet's team was the same way when I saw her in 2011. They were demanding things to be deleted, stop recording and putting their hands up in front of people. I think fans want to provide some glimpses despite most of the good footage we've gotten on previous tours is from carefully angled and set up recording rather than using a hidden camera to record audio/video. 

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Seriously since she's performing in a theatre, she could have streamed one performance live around the world into cinemas like they do with Operas and other musical performances. She would have made a killing at the box office. 

Well, the tour isn't over yet.  Though, I won't hold my breath on such.  I and others made similar suggestions of that as well, as it would definitely make her a chunk of change from it.   I'm pretty confident she will release a concert film of the show at some point.  We've already seen some short clips in pretty decent quality on her IG, so who knows what's already been filmed, especially if she filmed dress rehearsals.  I still think that the filming will take place sometime during the Lisbon residency.  Though, I fear she won't make all the London and/or Paris shows due to her knee.

Just now, MarXus said:

Well, the tour isn't over yet.  Though, I won't hold my breath on such.  I and others made similar suggestions of that as well, as it would definitely make her a chunk of change from it.   I'm pretty confident she will release a concert film of the show at some point.  We've already seen some short clips in pretty decent quality on her IG, so who knows what's already been filmed, especially if she filmed dress rehearsals.  I still think that the filming will take place sometime during the Lisbon residency.  Though, I fear she won't make all the London and/or Parish shows due to her knee.

I have a feeling that Lisbon maybe her only stop in Europe as well.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I have a feeling that Lisbon maybe her only stop in Europe as well.

Oh I'm not sure. I think she will perform for some London and Paris shows but I don't believe her injuries will withstand all of them.  I expect a few London shows to be cancelled.  I think right now she's trying to prove something and so she will push through the Lisbon shows, only to be in pain and cancel some of her next two cities.

13 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Oh I'm not sure. I think she will perform for some London and Paris shows but I don't believe her injuries will withstand all of them.  I expect a few London shows to be cancelled.  I think right now she's trying to prove something and so she will push through the Lisbon shows, only to be in pain and cancel some of her next two cities.

Probably the start of the Paris tour, she does have a strong affinity with the French (most likely due to her ancestry) yet it wouldn't surprise me if London is scrapped. 

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Actually...not only that but it IS a theater. My ticket expressively says how it's illegal to use any recording devices inside. Includes your phones as well. Same rules as in theater plays. 

Do people sneak in recording devices inside theater plays? Yes...i'm sure they do. But most don't. 

Same situation here. If someone is caught, they WILL be thrown out in Portugal as well.

3 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

I suspect she will cancel some shows in all 3 cities, likely the ones that are consecutive.

If you go here you can see only 6 shows are still showing for Lisbon:

https://madonna.bol.pt/Comprar/Bilhetes/76870-madonna_live_nation_presents_madame_x_tour-coliseu_de_lisboa/Sessoes

This is interesting! Hasn't been like this yesterday. They must have just updated it early this morning. Looks like two of the shows got canceled in Lisbon!

And the 16th is now fully sold out - which looks as if the first 4 shows will go ahead (I don't think she cancelled a sold out show yet) but unclear about the second week...

Screenshot_20200110-080938_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, Donni Gumpensund said:

This is interesting! Hasn't been like this yesterday. They must have just updated it early this morning. Looks like two of the shows got canceled in Lisbon!

And the 16th is now fully sold out - which looks as if the first 4 shows will go ahead (I don't think she cancelled a sold out show yet) but unclear about the second week...

Screenshot_20200110-080938_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s been like that for awhile, my friend told me 10 hours ago

• Enrico unfeatured this topic