Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Well if they know that she won’t be on stage for at least another two hours then there’s not much point in opening the doors at 8:30...:Madonna021:

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well if they know that she won’t be on stage for at least another two hours then there’s not much point in opening the doors at 8:30...:Madonna021:

True, but a lot of people like to come early anyway.  And if merchandise is available at that time, then I guess that gives people to buy buy buy!! 

Great interview with Rickey Pageot:

https://www.steinway.com/soundboard/soundboard-rickey-pageot

He explains interesting stuff, for instance we get a confirmation that it's Madonna who wants the live sound EXACTLY like the album - which is something I'll never understand. That means a lot of programming. He also explains how he managed to play the challenging Dark Ballet cadenza.

I am pretty sure many of you will find it very interesting:

@Bel @stefo  @mirtillo

Concerts usually have a doors open time and then the show start time. For other tours, it was stated an opening act starts at 8 or whatever time specified. This gives people time to get to their seats, get drinks and concessions, merchandise before the show begins (opening act) or if not the main show at the time specified. We know with Madonna she goes on later than one expects. Us fans and most pop fans know but the shock from some general Joe or Jane might not and thus the dilemma. Even at wrestling shows, there's a doors open time and then the show starts. Sometimes there's an announcement and indication of when to get to your seat before the show begins.

4 hours ago, Voguerista said:

This theatre is exceptionally beautiful. Only one more day and counting before the curtain opens! Go Madonna!! 

I don't agree.  She's put on shows in far more exceptional theaters.  When I saw these videos posted on her IG, I was a bit taken aback how plain that theater is.  I thought for sure in Lisbon there would have been much better architecture.  It look more like a modern theater to me. 

1 hour ago, George74 said:

No puedo esperar al sábado. Este teatro es un lugar icónico. Tendría mucho sentido capturarlo en vivo ya que ha tenido unas vacaciones espléndidas ... Pensamiento esperanzador

it's really beautiful, Madame x would be a fool if she doesn't film in that place ?

Screenshot_20200111-113525.png

23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I don't agree.  She's put on shows in far more exceptional theaters.  When I saw these videos posted on her IG, I was a bit taken aback how plain that theater is.  I thought for sure in Lisbon there would have been much better architecture.  It look more like a modern theater to me. 

I think the timeless details on the woodwork around the stage, painting and gold on the ceilings, and the magnificence chandeliers and lights are even more grande and out of this world from what I've seen from Madonna's and Ricardo's stories but it's ok to disagree as every theatre is so beautiful in their own ways. 

5 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I wish she'd start earlier. It would help the mood of the audience and in turn help her and one of the biggest issues with this show. It would also help her get more sleep. 

I might be the only one, but not knowing exactly when it's going to start adds to the excitement. You feel something otherworldly is about to happen. Something that can't be tamed by our terrestrial ideas of space and time. 

Dramatic much? :om:

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I might be the only one, but not knowing exactly when it's going to start adds to the excitement. You feel something otherworldly is about to happen. Something that can't be tamed by our terrestrial ideas of space and time. 

Dramatic much? :om:

I love the way you wrote that and so true. It is exciting. It's like a new start. I'm so excited to see if she'll change up a few things....like one of her songs or costumes too? 

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Doors opening at 8:30 doesn't mean it's show time at 8:30.

My ticket says 9:30 but we know it's not happening lol

She might being she loves Lisbon and probably doesn't want to make rumbles with curfew time.  Also, if she's filming the venue, then she'll definitely want to keep things on time.

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I think the timeless details on the woodwork around the stage, painting and gold on the ceilings, and the magnificence chandeliers and lights are even more grande and out of this world from what I've seen from Madonna's and Ricardo's stories but it's ok to disagree as every theatre is so beautiful in their own ways. 

Think back at some of the other venues that you commented on.  Previous theaters were far more "grande".  How quickly some have forgotten how "magnificent" Chicago theater was compared to this one:

7439706262_c7da530ef4_b.jpg

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Just stunning. Ok I take it back. Haha

LOL! And I do believe there was another venue or two that were much more beautiful than Chicago's.  Anyway, from the pictures I've seen of the Lisbon venue, it looks pretty boring. But at the end of the day, it's more about the actual show being performed than the way the theater looks.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic