Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

28 minutes ago, Matty said:

I wonder if they are choosing to film it sooner in case of the injury and the rest of  tour is cancelled? It seems funny filming the first show 

I think it's because it's Lisbon. Wasn't that the point and the reason everyone wanted it to be filmed there?

Yeah, when I saw that she' sdoing a dress rehearsal again, my first thought was that she needs to make sure everything is perfect coz she's filming the gig.

And what weird about them recording the first show? She's having multpiple dates, they probably want to record every single night in Lisbon and then create the final recording of that.

1 hour ago, Matty said:

I wonder if they are choosing to film it sooner in case of the injury and the rest of  tour is cancelled? It seems funny filming the first show 

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

That thought ran through my head too. 

I think it ran in many of our minds, but we were afraid to say...

I pray everything will be ok!

Just now, Donni Gumpensund said:

Reference to the last Lady Gaga tour, I think. Most dates canceled.

As a fan of both, it was only like 10 dates, which is similar to the Madame X Tour. Let's not get into the dramatics with our fellow rival fanbases :whipping:

Anywho, agreed that it's a little peculiar she's filming opening night. Seems unlike her, but we'll see. I do think that they definitely have bumped up filming in case something happens. She likely has already sold rights to broadcast the concert and would be at risk of breaching it if she suffers further injury.

That said, can't wait to hear about the show tonight! Hoping for some big crane camera work so that we get a few beautiful long shots of the whole venue. Would kill for them to use 35MM film again, like for Confessions. The cinematic result was next level. To this day, the pinnacle of any concert recording.

I think she's filming tonight and other nights but tonight's more special. It's her come back to Lisbon after all these months touring America. The energy will be amazing despite her possible usual tardiness. It definitely won't be the same case as MDNA in Miami since people there are used to see her whenever she's on tour.

Also, since no one is posting clips of the Adele gig, which keeps being referenced in posts (serious pet peeve), see below for an example of the stunning cinematography and slow sweeping shots:

Sure, parts of Madonna's show could use other aesthetic choices (I hope she goes back to lots of close-up shots), but the overall style is nice. I'd imagine tonight's venue is a similar size to what is seen here. Curious if the crowd will be as lit.

Additionally, hoping that the stage is a little, let's say, less sparse / more lit tonight, so as to maximize on how this gig translates to film. This was definitely done with Confessions.

30 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Also, since no one is posting clips of the Adele gig, which keeps being referenced in posts (serious pet peeve), see below for an example of the stunning cinematography and slow sweeping shots:

Sure, parts of Madonna's show could use other aesthetic choices (I hope she goes back to lots of close-up shots), but the overall style is nice. I'd imagine tonight's venue is a similar size to what is seen here. Curious if the crowd will be as lit.

Additionally, hoping that the stage is a little, let's say, less sparse / more lit tonight, so as to maximize on how this gig translates to film. This was definitely done with Confessions.

A lot of good shots but that has been one of my pet peeves with the last few DVD's. Every second the shot changes, I can only watch a minute or so before I end up feeling dizzy. I didn't watch it all, but I hate the slowed down shots, Living for Love was ruined on the DVD release for me because of those slow motion movements. The last great tour release for me was DWT and RIT (The office unofficial leaked one). And I am still fizzing mad we didn't get any of those amazing crane shots teased in the MDNA promos.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic