Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

55 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

well Papa Don't Preach & American Life on the Madame X Tour made sense on the U.S dates cause she was making a commentary on what's going on in the U.S currently so I thought she would remove them both and maybe add in songs she rehearsed or was rumoured like What It Feels Like For a Girl, Easy Ride or X-Static Process

It wouldn't surprise me if she removed Papa Don't Preach because she changed the lyrics to a pro-choice stance. Being in a predominately Catholic country like Portugal, even though there would be pro-choice amongst the audience, it might not go down spectacularly well over all.

Also American life does fit with the Madame X manifesto. 

57 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

well Papa Don't Preach & American Life on the Madame X Tour made sense on the U.S dates cause she was making a commentary on what's going on in the U.S currently so I thought she would remove them both and maybe add in songs she rehearsed or was rumoured like What It Feels Like For a Girl, Easy Ride or X-Static Process

AL it s bloody relevant in the geopolitics world scenario

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she removed Papa Don't Preach because she changed the lyrics to a pro-choice stance. Being in a predominately Catholic country like Portugal, even though there would be pro-choice amongst the audience, it might not go down spectacularly well over all.

Also American life does fit with the Madame X manifesto. 

Abortion is still a choice in the countries she s performing, she s not fearing anything

12 minutes ago, EM said:

Abortion is still a choice in the countries she s performing, she s not fearing anything

It may be a choice and there maybe somewhat liberal laws, yet cultural attitudes are different. 

1 hour ago, louis.exe said:

Yeah maybe but also God Control doesn't make sense now, does it?

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Because it’s an awful song ??

Sorry, but it is definitely one of the highlights of this show. It sounds more current now than it did in 2003, and I think she loves playing it, and I loved seeing it. 
to each their own. 

6 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I wish someone could tell us if she still did all the stairs and ladder like before? Also, were there changes with her shoes ....and what about changes with her hair and costumes too? Adding: did anyone see Rocco in the audience? 

No one spotted Rocco there last night. She did use the stairs and ladders as she did in the US shows. She was seeing in her stories wearing flat foot wear as opposed to heels for some numbers. Not sure if she did for the show or for the particular section but she did show new shoes. She wore a coat during one of the numbers but the costumes and hair are all the same.

24 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

No one spotted Rocco there last night. She did use the stairs and ladders as she did in the US shows. She was seeing in her stories wearing flat foot wear as opposed to heels for some numbers. Not sure if she did for the show or for the particular section but she did show new shoes. She wore a coat during one of the numbers but the costumes and hair are all the same.

Cool. Thanks for more info!! Much appreciated! Ps: I wish she had it I'd done the stairs and ladder! ??????????

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

It may be a choice and there maybe somewhat liberal laws, yet cultural attitudes are different. 

I think she dropped PDP because it was mainly aimed at the States, where they are pushing for a law to make abortion a crime.  
American Life is in because it is very much of the real world, right now. 

46 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

I think she dropped PDP because it was mainly aimed at the States, where they are pushing for a law to make abortion a crime.  
American Life is in because it is very much of the real world, right now. 

I totally agree. Abortion has been a hot topic these days in the U.S.  Though, a lot of the controversy is behind late term abortion.  Of course, the politicians love to confuse the issue and turn every abortion conversation a "late term abortion" issue.  

If she removed Papa Don´t Preach because it was aimed at the American scenario, she should´ve added Easy Ride, then.

It would have made total sense : "round and round just like a circle",  "...I come full circle to my place then I am home...".

Edited by Vinny Fonseca (see edit history)

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

I totally agree. Abortion has been a hot topic these days in the U.S.  Though, a lot of the controversy is behind late term abortion.  Of course, the politicians love to confuse the issue and turn every abortion conversation a "late term abortion" issue.  

Meanwhile those politicians against abortions are the ones sending their mistresses to other states to get them done. The irony of these people in power. I can't with US Republicans.

1 hour ago, bedtimestory said:

Did someone here attended any of the shows?

* How was it? Was she ok? Did she danced or just sit and sung the concert?

* Any new songs?

We need to know everything!!!

People posted fan experiences a couple of pages back. She was fine, complained about the pain and limped a few bits. She did the normal concert. No new songs, Sodade was performed with Dino. Papa Don't Preach dropped.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic