Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

As predicted, that knee is going to be the death of this tour.  I'm betting upcoming shows will be cancelled.  Her next two cities are extremely long.  I hate to see her to anymore damage to her knee. The more she continues; the more chance that she will damage that knee indefinitely. I hate to see her risking her livelyhood in being so stubborn in performing the way she does.  I will not begrudge her for just cutting her losses and canceling the rest of the tour.  I rather she take care of that knee that make it worse, and cause complications for the rest of her life. 

I agree. It's sad, but I'd rather her quit too. *Praying so hard for her and everyone ??

A hip injury too? From djs at Madonna Tribe:

Just out of Lisbon #3!! Once again, in no particular order:

Show started much later tonight, at 10.50pm. Slightly shorter than the previous Lisbon shows, 2h25m long, finishing at 1.15am

The delay was due to the huge storm in Lisbon this afternoon - they made an announcement at 10.30pm saying they were having technical issues as a result of the storm - a few groans were heard but 20 minutes later the lights went down. 

M apologised a couple of times during the show for starting so late, and explained that the roof had leaked onto the stage during the storm. 

No Dino for Sodade tonight and looks like PDP is permanently out. 

The Polaroid moment went on for a while - the first camera didn’t work so they brought out a second one, but that one kept giving images “with brown marks on them” so they brought out a third one! She took about 5 selfies altogether. Christian from the Philippines was the lucky high bidder (3k€ if i remember rightly but I’m not 100% sure), he gave her a crown and she wore it while they were chatting. 

Beer chat was with Victoria, her Colombian friend who lives in Lisbon (Madonna had talked about her the other night, explaining that it was Victoria that took her out to all the bars and clubs when M first moved here).

When she changed her shoes behind the screen just before vogue, she mentioned that she wasn’t putting on her usual high heels, and would be wearing much comfier but much uglier shoes instead. The shoes really really reminded me of what she wore in blonde ambition tour!! She said that she had a hip injury as well as a knee injury, and so it was ugly shoes or no show, and she knew which we’d prefer!

A couple of (very minor) mishaps:
-During american life just as she was about to start strumming the guitar she suddenly realised - and said into her mic - “I’ve got no picks” and then shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes, and strummed with her fingers. Someone ran on stage and handed her a pick before the next chorus.
- She messed up the lyrics a couple of times, I think in Batuka and damnit I can’t remember what else but definitely another one, I have a feeling it might have been the fado song that Gaspar challenges her to
- At the end of Medellin the backing tape got stuck and then skipped, meaning that she was not singing in time with the music, it only lasted around 10 seconds though

That’s all I can think of for now...

25 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Awesome. Thanks for reporting so quickly.  How was her knee tonight? 

Well, she complained about it a few times. But she seemed to be fine and she danced and moved with no problem, at least it seemed that way to me. She got on her knees for the photo part for a couple minutes and said she shouldn't be doing that and continued by saying something like: "what won't I do for you, Lisbon?"

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So it sounds like the first 2 were just extra footage and the main filming with multiple cameras will happen on the 21st?

I was referring to the guy who is going to record on audio the date of January 21st in Lisbon, not about the official filming of the tour, that filming took place between the shows of January 12th and 14th and I don't know if last night show was recorded. 

Edited by Monsieur Hugo X (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

I was referring to the guy who is going to record on audio the date of January 21st in Lisbon, not about the official filming of the tour, that filming took place between the shows of January 12th and 14th and I don't know if last night show was recorded. 

Oh right.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
56 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I love the Blond Ambition shoes!!!

Take off those dangerous heels!!

Those Blond Ambition shoes are so underrated and they would definitely be better for her now.
(Gotta love those dangerous Girlie Show heels as well though ddd)

14 hours ago, Holy Water 94 said:

Yeah I wonder that too, one person said he is gonna record one of these shows in Lisboa but still nothing, maybe it will be later

Oh okay, what I've heard from the audience, the best show in Lisbon so far has been the 14th. I hope someone recorded it, it was my fave as well! She was soo happy!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
26 minutes ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

Oh okay, what I've heard from the audience, the best show in Lisbon so far has been the 14th. I hope someone recorded it, it was my fave as well! She was soo happy!

I’m pretty sure it was. Hopefully we’re going to get a good Blu-Ray of this tour :Madonna014:

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

The show was really Amazing last night, but she was in pain. Her dance moves wasn't on point, sometimes she try not to use her knee, especially at the end of the show with come alive and crave. During the bridge of batuka a dancer help her doing the stairs (usually a saw in a few video she go down by herself). Anyway the show was good but people in Lisbon were so quiet and she complained about that. 

Anyway i have a full audio recording of the show in FLAC stereo 24 bit. A really good audio quality, but i need someone who split track by track. Any volunteer?

I can help you with it. I would love to do it! 

I love reading all these reviews, but bear in mind some of these bloggers (i.e. vibesofsilence) are not journalists. They often write like 16-year olds . Wording and phrasing often make me feel like I’m reading a high school paper.

People dont read as much as they used to and it reflects itself in the way they express themselves.

Anyway, it’s great to see all these positive reviews for the show. I can’t wait to see it when it is released.

8 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I love reading all these reviews, but bear in mind some of these bloggers (i.e. vibesofsilence) are not journalists. They often write like 16-year olds . Wording and phrasing often make me feel like I’m reading a high school paper.

People dont read as much as they used to and it reflects itself in the way they express themselves.

Anyway, it’s great to see all these positive reviews for the show. I can’t wait to see it when it is released.

I won't necessarily dispute the lack of grammar on some people's parts, but we have to remember a lot of these people are from different regions.  English might not be their native language.  Then again, why does it matter if you get the jest of what they conveyed? :Madonna021:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic