Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

5 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

Completely agree. If doing theatres meant doing this many dates consecutively the show itself should have reflected that, been about the music and impressive visuals and technology etc rather than still so reliant on big dancing numbers and the type of physical performance she’s used to giving. Such a shame, because the idea of a theatre tour had so much potential. So worried about the rest of the dates now, and what condition she’s getting herself in to :( 

To be fair, her knee doesn't change her intention.  It's just unfortunate she's in such pain.  If it wasn't for it, she'd be putting on the shows as scheduled.  I think it's fair to be critical of her at this point in just calling it (cancelling) ahead of time, rather wait the night of now.  Though, I cannot criticize her for trying to make it each night. It's not like she got up this morning and said, "hey, I'm going to piss off 3,000 people and cancel my show". It's quite evident that's she's been trying to get through the dates as the best she can.

I cannot be the only one who would pay these ticket prices to see her sit down on a chair, singing all the setlist songs or even other songs like "Nothing fails" or "Paradise (Not for me)"??

She can change it a bit at least, we don't care if she dance or go through the theatre...

2 minutes ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

She can change it a bit at least, we don't care if she dance or go through the theatre...

We would be happy with that but there's no way she would be.

I love her to pieces but she needs to cancel the rest of this tour now and just heal. She's going to end up making her knee worse if she carries on like she is. I applaud her for going on and being in pain but she needs to just put herself first.

1 minute ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

I cannot be the only one who would pay these ticket prices to see her sit down on a chair, singing all the setlist songs or even other songs like "Nothing fails" or "Paradise (Not for me)"??

I'm sure you're not, but do you really see Madonna doing this?  She's known to be quite expressive through being physical through her shows.  I think at this point, we need to let it go.  Give her a break. It would be different if she had a reputation in pulling out a lot of shows with previous tours, but she hasn't.  I'm sure it's heartbreaking for her to be doing this time after time. It's probably eating at her big time.  I'm sure it's not good for her ego, knowing up until this tour, she's been pretty successful getting through a tour without cancelling over physical pain that is beyond her control, except for a long break if not surgery.

11 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

Completely agree. If doing theatres meant doing this many dates consecutively the show itself should have reflected that, been about the music and impressive visuals and technology etc rather than still so reliant on big dancing numbers and the type of physical performance she’s used to giving. Such a shame, because the idea of a theatre tour had so much potential. So worried about the rest of the dates now, and what condition she’s getting herself in to :( 

Beautifully said. She had knee pain since before exit even started and it’s evident from the bandages on her knee on her instagram videos during rehearsals. She had the opportunity to make a true theatrical experience emphasizing on new material and forgotten gems that fans love in a more acting and singing-driven than dance-driven experience, yet she wasted dust in favor or redoing Human Nature, Vogue, Like A Prayer, Papa Don’t Preach and Express Yourself for the millionth time in a much lower budget, overcrowded her schedule and screwed herself and her fans along the way.

1 minute ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Beautifully said. She had knee pain since before exit even started and it’s evident from the bandages on her knee on her instagram videos during rehearsals. She had the opportunity to make a true theatrical experience emphasizing on new material and forgotten gems that fans love in a more acting and singing-driven than dance-driven experience, yet she wasted dust in favor or redoing Human Nature, Vogue, Like A Prayer, Papa Don’t Preach and Express Yourself for the millionth time in a much lower budget, overcrowded her schedule and screwed herself and her fans along the way.

She shouln't have done a theater tour, back to back shows. 

8 minutes ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

Exacly ??

Damn I’m so sorry the show was cancelled. With her injury I don’t understand this - does she know before the audience gets to the theatre it’s so bad  that she can’t perform or waits until almost showtime to decide? Also, if there is any truth to the ticket sales rumor would it be possible in advance to tell ticket holders their show is being combined with another to have fuller capacity? I don’t know if anything like that is possible. Anyway, I hope she takes care of the injury for the sake of her health of course and the audience members who are traveling far and paying a lot of money  ?

1 minute ago, Synchrone said:

Damn I’m so sorry the show was cancelled. With her injury I don’t understand this - does she know before the audience gets to the theatre it’s so bad  that she can’t perform or waits until almost showtime to decide? Also, if there is any truth to the ticket sales rumor would it be possible in advance to tell ticket holders their show is being combined with another to have fuller capacity? I don’t know if anything like that is possible. Anyway, I hope she takes care of the injury for the sake of her health of course and the audience members who are traveling far and paying a lot of money  ?

We know she's stubborn.  She probably feels she can get through it.  Again, I don't believe she's trying to upset anyone.  Though, I can see since she's now cancelled numerous times, she needs to really re-think the rest of the tour because this pain isn't going away. 

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

We know she's stubborn.  She probably feels she can get through it.  Again, I don't believe she's trying to upset anyone.  Though, I can see since she's now cancelled numerous times, she needs to really re-think the rest of the tour because this pain isn't going away. 

Yea at this point if the break between Miami and Lisbon didn’t help she needs to re-think about the rest of the tour. I’d hate to deprive anyone of the show because it is amazing but it’s such a gamble at this point and her knee is getting worse and worse

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don’t believe she’s trying to upset anyone, and I do believe she feels she can get through it. However, as excited as I am for my show, I really do feel she just needs to cancel the rest of this tour and rest, before she does permanent damage. 

Just now, Synchrone said:

Yea at this point if the break between Miami and Lisbon didn’t help she needs to re-think about the rest of the tour. I’d hate to deprive anyone of the show because it is amazing but it’s such a gamble at this point and her knee is getting worse and worse

Exactly.  Her health comes first.  The fact she knows this is an on-going issue, she needs to cut her losses or at least, just keep a few more scheduled dates in London and Paris.  But there are a month in between, so if she's looking to get treatment for her knee soon, it might be best she just cancel all together.  Come back stronger later in the year and either re-start the tour, or come back strong on the next tour in a year or two. 

I think no one should just excuse her, because she is not doing the things right.

First her health of course but the reality is that this is not the way to do the things and treat the fans like that, if she in bad health it is important to follow the doctors, but don’t wait until last moment to do that, or at least show yourself in a chair or sofa or bed on the stage and sing the songs, whatever, but there is people that has spend thousand of euros to see you.

4 minutes ago, Oscar Palazon said:

I think no one should just excuse her, because she is not doing the things right.

First her health of course but the reality is that this is not the way to do the things and treat the fans like that, if she in bad health it is important to follow the doctors, but don’t wait until last moment to do that, or at least show yourself in a chair or sofa or bed on the stage and sing the songs, whatever, but there is people that has spend thousand of euros to see you.

Totally agree with you 

8 minutes ago, Oscar Palazon said:

No one is "excusing her" because you're right, she's had the knee problems for some time now.  But let's not pretend we know how much pain she is in.  I mean; think about it.  She's TRYING HARD to make these dates.  I feel comments like this are quite selfish in a round about way. I don't expect I will gain any likes for saying such from some.  And Yes, people who had tickets; have the right to be disappointed.  So don't misconstrue what I'm saying.  However, she is trying to keep her commitment with the tour.  Seriously, I swear some rather her be rolled out in a coffin and perform before their show be cancelled.  And don't act like some aren't this way.  Let's be respectful of her health first.  A silly show can be rescheduled and even if not, she can come back another year and tour. It's not like she's never toured.  Also, it's not like she's done this on previous tours.    I rather her perform in good health then reducing her tour in some way, just so some can go see her live.

I think she might struggle through Lisbon and then cancel. It will be expensive to can that many dates (probably for an insurer which will send her premium skyrocketing for her next tour) but better that, for her sake, and for her fans who can then try and cancel/obtain refunds in travel and accommodation. It’s this cancelling on the night that is doing damage to her reputation. A pragmatic decision needs making. 

Personally I wouldn’t even reschedule them later in the year. I’d just draw a line under Madame X, recover, and then move on to something else. 

At least it was filmed. 

3 minutes ago, IamZod said:

I think she might struggle through Lisbon and then cancel. It will be expensive to can that many dates (probably for an insurer which will send her premium skyrocketing for her next tour) but better that, for her sake, and for her fans who can then try and cancel/obtain refunds in travel and accommodation. It’s this cancelling on the night that is doing damage to her reputation. A pragmatic decision needs making. 

Personally I wouldn’t even reschedule them later in the year. I’d just draw a line under Madame X, recover, and then move on to something else. 

At least it was filmed. 

Like you, I'm glad it's been filmed.  I personally think she should just call it quits now and then come back in a couple years stronger and better.  If she was smart; she'd make the next tour far more accessible, and more of a tribute to her back catalog.  Make it more of a Greatest Hits Tour.  If she's in good health through such a tour, all will be forgotten with this tour. 

5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

No one is "excusing her" because you're right, she's had the knee problems for some time now.  But let's not pretend we know how much pain she is in.  I mean; think about it.  She's TRYING HARD to make these dates.  I feel comments like this are quite selfish in a round about way. I don't expect I will gain any likes for saying such from some.  And Yes, people who had tickets; have the right to be disappointed.  So don't misconstrue what I'm saying.  However, she is trying to keep her commitment with the tour.  Seriously, I swear some rather her be rolled out in a coffin and perform before their show be cancelled.  And don't act like some aren't this way.  Let's be respectful of her health first.  A silly show can be rescheduled and even if not, she can come back another year and tour. It's not like she's never toured.  Also, it's not like she's done this on previous tours.    I rather her perform in good health then reducing her tour in some way, just so some can go see her live.

Of course she is trying to get through the tour, but is shocking that she don’t have a "non dancing" plan as backup 

2 minutes ago, Oscar Palazon said:

Of course she is trying to get through the tour, but is shocking that she don’t have a "non dancing" plan as backup 

Honestly at this point I feel like fans would be happier if she just sat on top of the piano and sang her songs while the dancers did their thing.  If she feels that she's not giving a full experience then she can give a half refund or something, but people paid a lot to travel.  All this repeated last minute cancellation because she refuses to respect doctors' orders and wants to show she's tough by powering through may be good for her, but it's terrible for the fans who might spend all this money and time and get no show at all, even singing.  Her voice is better than ever this tour.  It's a shame she refuses to utilize it.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic