Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

More from Madonna Tribe:

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2020/madame-x-returns-on-stage/

BY MADONNATRIBE · JANUARY 22, 2020

Tonight’s show at the Coliseu dos Recreios started at 10.58 PM, making it the latest start so far in Lisbon. The fans didn’t bothered, as they were happy to see Madonna back on stage.

She mentioned a couple of times that “Madame x is injured” but in all honesty there was no noticeable limping or struggling to dance. One thing she did do was remove her shoes after Frozen, and performed come alive and future bare foot.

Still no head scarf for Come Alive.
Dino D’Santiago was on stage again for Sodademaking this his 4th appearance! They once again drank white port afterwards and toasted “to music, the soul of the universe”

The beer chat was with a famous female artist who kept saying she was looking forward to seeing Craveperformed – and guess what – it was removed from the setlist! Future went straight into Like a Prayer.

The Polaroid selfie was a wonderful moment – Israelwas the high bidder at 5k€. She asked him to introduce himself and she explained that he goes to so many shows – she asked him how many and he said this was his 44th Madame X show, and his 200th Madonna concert!! He then said that because he was celebrating his 200th concert he would offer an additional 5k€ if he could take a Polaroid with her – and she agreed!! She invited him up on stage and they chatted.

33 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

More from Madonna Tribe:

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2020/madame-x-returns-on-stage/

BY MADONNATRIBE · JANUARY 22, 2020

Tonight’s show at the Coliseu dos Recreios started at 10.58 PM, making it the latest start so far in Lisbon. The fans didn’t bothered, as they were happy to see Madonna back on stage.

She mentioned a couple of times that “Madame x is injured” but in all honesty there was no noticeable limping or struggling to dance. One thing she did do was remove her shoes after Frozen, and performed come alive and future bare foot.

Still no head scarf for Come Alive.
Dino D’Santiago was on stage again for Sodademaking this his 4th appearance! They once again drank white port afterwards and toasted “to music, the soul of the universe”

The beer chat was with a famous female artist who kept saying she was looking forward to seeing Craveperformed – and guess what – it was removed from the setlist! Future went straight into Like a Prayer.

The Polaroid selfie was a wonderful moment – Israelwas the high bidder at 5k€. She asked him to introduce himself and she explained that he goes to so many shows – she asked him how many and he said this was his 44th Madame X show, and his 200th Madonna concert!! He then said that because he was celebrating his 200th concert he would offer an additional 5k€ if he could take a Polaroid with her – and she agreed!! She invited him up on stage and they chatted.

this is awesome!!! so happy for Israel!!!

35 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

The Polaroid selfie was a wonderful moment – Israel was the high bidder at 5k€. She asked him to introduce himself and she explained that he goes to so many shows – she asked him how many and he said this was his 44th Madame X show, and his 200th Madonna concert!! He then said that because he was celebrating his 200th concert he would offer an additional 5k€ if he could take a Polaroid with her – and she agreed!! She invited him up on stage and they chatted.

Israel is an Aussie fan that is very well known who goes to many of her shows. She has pointed him out in past tours as well.  She is very aware of his presence at her shows. What a cool moment and generous offer on his part to offer such money.  Though, I like to know where he gets all his money to go to all of those shows and still offer 10K for a picture with her. 

Glad she was able to make it tonight and Sodade was once again performed with Dino. Oddly Crave was cut probably due to the choreography more than likely. Seeing the earlier comments, well she is ageing and the body does catch up with you eventually and you can still go but injuries and exhaustion are far more likely. It doesn't mean she's a shell of a performer but just natural ageing process happening. MDNA was probably the last intense choreography we'll probably get from her but since she's not dancing badly or out of sync. Less maybe yes but she's still a show-woman giving her best and doing what she's always done.  

4 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

MDNA was probably the last intense choreography we'll probably get from her but since she's not dancing badly or out of sync. Less maybe yes but she's still a show-woman giving her best and doing what she's always done.  

I wouldn't mind if we didn't get another MDNA style tour again. Her look (particular first act was beautiful) but I much preferred Rebel Heart, it reminded me of an updated Girlie Show, more down to earth, more interaction and had a good vibe to it.

6 hours ago, felipe929 said:

Was the Crave number heavy on choreography? I haven't seen much footage of it.

It was the Tracy Young remix version with a disco/70s vibe, it reminded me of "Express Yourself"/"Deeeper And Deeper" on the Girlie Show. Less complicated/demanding for her of course but very cool, one of my fave moments on the show.

Edited by Prayer (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, Haseena said:

Just left the venue. She cut Crave for some bizarre reason. 

There seemed to be a lot of movement in that number, so perhaps she cut it for that reason.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic