Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

47 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

This article sums this disaster of a tour and Madonna's attitude to a t for me: https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2020/01/21/madonna-should-cancel-her-madame-x-tour-before-she-ends-up-in-traction.html

"She reacted with a similar refrain: “This time I have to listen to my body.” I can only assume her body is speaking a language she does not understand."

"Madonna is treating this tour like it’s a regular season of hockey and she can be a game-time decision each night. That’s not how it works. A concert tour by a solo artist is not a team sport. Madonna is the only reason anyone is attending."

I hate to say it but everything he wrote is true. It is seriously time to pull the plug on this tour. Articles like this are only the beginning of what's coming from the press. ?

I'm sorry but i don't understand the all the bad things against her. I understaned the sadness for not see her, but she's 61 and has a problem. Is she guilty for trying too hard? Maybe. At least she is trying. Maybe after tomorrow's show she will cancel everything, but this things happens when you're human and not an hologram. 

11 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I hate to say it but everything he wrote is true. It is seriously is time to pull the plug on this tour. Articles like this are only the beginning of what's coming from the press. ?

Yep and actually the writer is not even that scathing about her. He actually sounds like he is a fan, sure there a few age jokes but on the whole it's no where near as bad as what I fear future articles will be, especially in London.

26 minutes ago, ron92 said:

I'm sorry but i don't understand the all the bad things against her. I understaned the sadness for not see her, but she's 61 and has a problem. Is she guilty for trying too hard? Maybe. At least she is trying. Maybe after tomorrow's show she will cancel everything, but this things happens when you're human and not an hologram. 

On a personal level and as a fan I completely agree.

However, in the cold light of day this is not personal - it’s business. This is a professional global tour which is designed to draw audiences from afar to these few venues. Knowing that thousands of fans will be using valuable holiday time, money etc to attend. Cancelling or not cancelling on such apparent whims is just wrong. There is no defence of that. They need to get a grip.

I have tickets for 8th Feb Row D. I’ve seen all tours since DWT. I’ll be gutted if/when it is cancelled. However, the daily drag of having to think about the approaching day with no certainty - I’m accepting that I would rather her cancel the tour. I’d hate to be in some kind of lottery deciding if I’m a lucky one whose show goes ahead or cancelled at 6pm. I don’t want to go through this worry and then have it cancelled on the day. The high expense of the tickets also considered... the excitement of an upcoming M show has gone for me as of now.

Perhaps Live Nation could cancel every consecutive night’s show? Obviously the injury isn’t going away, and will probably only get worse the more she performs, but at least a day’s rest in between shows would give her some time to heal, take the pressure off and let fans know where they stand. It’s all very disappointing but no one should blame her for trying her hardest. I’d bought 6 tickets to 3 different London dates. At this point I’m trying to see the silver-lining - think how flush I’ll be when all those refunds come through! Get well soon M. x

1 minute ago, Alan Leggate said:

Yep and actually the writer is not even that scathing about her. He actually sounds like he is a fan, sure there a few age jokes but on the whole it's no where near as bad as what I fear future articles will be, especially in London.

16 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I hate to say it but everything he wrote is true. It is seriously is time to pull the plug on this tour. Articles like this are only the beginning of what's coming from the press. ?

I agree

8 minutes ago, Kieran said:

On a personal level and as a fan I completely agree.

However, in the cold light of day this is not personal - it’s business. This is a professional global tour which is designed to draw audiences from afar to these few venues. Knowing that thousands of fans will be using valuable holiday time, money etc to attend. Cancelling or not cancelling on such apparent whims is just wrong. There is no defence of that. They need to get a grip.

I have tickets for 8th Feb Row D. I’ve seen all tours since DWT. I’ll be gutted if/when it is cancelled. However, the daily drag of having to think about the approaching day with no certainty - I’m accepting that I would rather her cancel the tour. I’d hate to be in some kind of lottery deciding if I’m a lucky one whose show goes ahead or cancelled at 6pm. I don’t want to go through this worry and then have it cancelled on the day. The high expense of the tickets also considered... the excitement of an upcoming M show has gone for me as of now.

It is incredibly stressful - having travelled to Lisbon and had 2 out of 4 shows I had tickets for cancelled I can attest to the stress and disappointment these last minute cancellations cause

i have tickets for London shows, and Paris, all of which I’m now scared for :...(

Everything about this tour is wrong... 10000000 shows for each city is crazy... ? this theatre tour made her look like a fool! Unfortunately after this tour her name as a performer won’t be the same... if only she did arena tour like always with maximum 2 dates for each city & days to rest... what’s weird this tour she’s not even dancing or moving like previous tours... I’m taking about the choreography.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

I think this era is going to end tomorrow night. Which is totally fine with me ??‍♂️

I’ll actually feel relieved if it does. 

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

I'm sure that nobody here wants anything but good things for Madonna, I for one take her as my second mother and never would be able to put into words how much this woman means to me, but at the end of the day this is business, people are paying (a lot) for the ticket only, let alone travelling, hotels, transportation. It's very unprofessional to appear two hours late to your work or "call in sick" and then act like you are a kind of martyr for keep trying to do what you clearly can't (and shouldn't as told by doctors). And this coming from someone who wanted to do this tour to get closer, look into people's eyes puts an even uglier light on the whole situation.

1 hour ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

There are now rumours that tomorrow night will be the last show this tour

I keep seeing this being posted in various forums, but where did this rumor originate? Please post a source and not your opinion as fact

Mercy's speech mentioned her "hip". Im wondering if she really has a hip injury, and she's not saying that because it makes her sound old. 

But I agree with what everyone has been writing. Especially seeing a MI member traveling from South America to Lisbon only to hear the show is cancelled... really hits home how disrespectful it is. Especially this being a tour that is less venues and requires a lot of people to travel to see her. 

Madonna!  It's time to pull the plug. Put everyone out of their misery.  Deal with your hip, knee and whatever else.  I know you don't give two shits how I feel or anyone else, but you're not doing yourself any favors by cancelling these shows the last minute.  Love and Kisses!!! :02:

PS. Have you seen my Dick Pic? Link DOWN below!

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Then so be it. If that is the case, cancelling the tour, OF COURSE it would leave thousands of fans in the lurch. But something about irreversible damage to your body just gets me. She’s stubborn and has too much pride... but I think she’s a smart cookie. I hope....

It's not sure that she could have real irreversible damages.

I mean, if it was the case, she would be prohibited from being on stage...

1 minute ago, Andymad said:

Then so be it. If that is the case, cancelling the tour, OF COURSE it would leave thousands of fans in the lurch. But something about irreversible damage to your body just gets me. She’s stubborn and has too much pride... but I think she’s a smart cookie. I hope....

She won't win with this one.  If she cancels the tour, like you mentioned thousands of fans will be upset.  If she continues on as best she can, she'll get criticized since she'll cancel various shows in between. 

I personally think she should just cut the cord on the rest of the tour, but I can understand that she may feel obligated to get through the tour as much as she can.

Whatever happens, I hope she does what is best for her.  Fuck everyone else.   I'm wondering if she actually loves this tour and the people on it, and don't want to put them out of work too soon. 

10 minutes ago, MarXus said:

She won't win with this one.  If she cancels the tour, like you mentioned thousands of fans will be upset.  If she continues on as best she can, she'll get criticized since she'll cancel various shows in between. 

I personally think she should just cut the cord on the rest of the tour, but I can understand that she may feel obligated to get through the tour as much as she can.

Whatever happens, I hope she does what is best for her.  Fuck everyone else.   I'm wondering if she actually loves this tour and the people on it, and don't want to put them out of work too soon. 

I'm pretty sure she'll go till the end

BTW, I don't understand why she hasn't changed some parts of the show yet. She cut the medley in the RHT when she wasn't feeling it, why can't she change some songs or cut her dancing parts so she could suffer less?...

She has had the holiday break to do it...

• Enrico unfeatured this topic