Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

18 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I talked to another performer on IG in PM on Tuesday. They told me, they know London is confirmed at the moment. But also confirmed they also discover last minute if a show is cancelled.

The most annoying thing is that the rumour of the total cancellation of the tour is a speculation that was basically born here. Maybe it will happen, but on Bible forum they are quoting Infinity. I wish @Fighter closed the forum again until we know more, because I don't want to hear any more people write the same message over and over about it. We don't know anything. We can only speculate over Instagram, which is giving a totally different impression that the tour will be over today.

Honestly, people who say "cancel the rest of the tour and start a new one in stadiums" are no different than people like me and @Blue Jeanwho are still wishing to see M in London or Paris. If the injury is really bad and the tour is cancelled, I think we can forget more music and more live shows for a long time - because of the bad reputation, the possible surgery and recovery, the bad feeling that the whole experience might leave in M and the fans.

I agree

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

I talked to another performer on IG in PM on Tuesday. They told me, they know London is confirmed at the moment. But also confirmed they also discover last minute if a show is cancelled.

The most annoying thing is that the rumour of the total cancellation of the tour is a speculation that was basically born here. Maybe it will happen, but on Bible forum they are quoting Infinity. I wish @Fighter closed the forum again until we know more, because I don't want to hear any more people write the same message over and over about it. We don't know anything. We can only speculate over Instagram, which is giving a totally different impression that the tour will be over today.

Honestly, people who say "cancel the rest of the tour and start a new one in stadiums" are no different than people like me and @Blue Jeanwho are still wishing to see M in London or Paris. If the injury is really bad and the tour is cancelled, I think we can forget more music and more live shows for a long time - because of the bad reputation, the possible surgery and recovery, the bad feeling that the whole experience might leave in M and the fans.

Please please don't talk of closing the forum. I would be crushed. ??At the same time I understand what you're trying to do to stop anyone from making up rumors. I also feel and understand your pain if she cancels. But Know how much you do by helping us all and the joy you give by keeping it open so we can talk on Madonna and share our lives in the good and bad times. I love you all and this forum. You are my family. Thanks for all you do. Thinking positive and I pray so hard for Madonna and all the fans. Love will "keep us together forever and ever"?????

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Matty said:

She won’t do a big live event like that again after the atrocious Eurovision she’s too insecure over her voice hence why she won’t change the MadameX show for this injury 

It is frustrating how much Eurovision affected this era. Personally I think she should’ve just left it and done something else to promote.

I believe the rumour started because the Palladium Twitter posted that Madonna will be on stage next week and asked people to tweet their favourite Madonna song. Then an hour or so later they took down the tweet and then a rumour was born. I don't think it's a very active Twitter feed at best of times tbh.

LISBON (Reuters) – Pop legend Madonna has canceled another show in Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, the city that inspired her latest album Madame X, as she struggles to cope with the pain from “ongoing damage” “, his advocate said during the tour on Wednesday. 

The Promoter of Everything Is New released a statement on Facebook apologizing to fans and thanking them for “Madonna’s great desire for recovery”. 

“We sincerely regret disappointing fans for the unexpected and last minute changes to the schedule,” it said. 

Wednesday night’s concert will be the second show canceled by the star since her tour of Europe in Lisbon was canceled on January 12th, where she has been living since mid-2017. 

“Sorry I have to cancel tonight,” the 61-year-old wrote on Instagram after the first cancellation at Lisbon’s Coliseu dos Recreios venue on Sunday. “But I must listen to my body and rest!” 

The star shared a video on Instagram on Tuesday in which she was seen walking down a set of stairs with a walking stick. Over the weekend, Madonna also shared a video of her taking ice-cold post-shows. 

Madame X is the fourteenth studio album by the American singer and is inspired by her life in Portugal and the country’s culture and traditional music, including the melancholy musical form of fado. 

According to the promoter, Madonna’s final show of the first eight in Lisbon on Thursday is expected to continue as scheduled. 

The tour will continue to London and Paris. 

Reporting Catarina Demons, Editing by Andrei Khalip and Nick Macfie

Our Standards: The Principles of Thomson Reuters Principles.

Don't worry @Voguerista I would never want the forum to close! It was hard this summer... I said "until we know something", which could mean a few hours or a few days.

If today is the last day, we'll know in less than ten hours.

If London goes on, we'll know in three days. People are receiving the first tickets in their smartphones and Ticketmaster is moving people from their seats to organize the set. Like there is nothing new.

I'd love other members to know that hoping the tour goes on also means hoping the injury is bad, but not that bad to require an operation, and maybe M is just hurting and very tired. The cancellation has also very negative consequences.

I don't think she will revise the show but it would be good to know in advance, if they start to adjust the impossible schedule by cutting a few shows.

Tbh I don’t want the tour to be canceled or anything, however canceling random shows is something not cool & very unprofessional... injury = unstable condition = more cancellations, so I feel it’s more professional to just cancel everything. Next is London... coz I care about her these shows must be perfect... PERFECT in everything. I’m not sure if she can make it. I’m praying.

It would be the best to throw out all exhausting choreographies and replace the dance routines by fan pleasing songs like Crazy For You, Take a Bow, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Pray For Spanish Eyes, The Power of Good-Bye, You'll See, Masterpiece or TUTBMP. Someone should remind Madame X she's on a theatre tour and this is the best place and audience she has ever had to present her awesome ballads.

22 minutes ago, Levon said:

Someone should remind Madame X she's on a theatre tour and this is the best place and audience she has ever had to present her awesome ballads.

Preach, when I first heard about this theatre tour I had something like "Tears of a clown" in mind but NOPE.

40 minutes ago, Levon said:

It would be the best to throw out all exhausting choreographies and replace the dance routines by fan pleasing songs like Crazy For You, Take a Bow, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Pray For Spanish Eyes, The Power of Good-Bye, You'll See, Masterpiece or TUTBMP. Someone should remind Madame X she's on a theatre tour and this is the best place and audience she has ever had to present her awesome ballads.

So true!!! ??

21 hours ago, Vinny Fonseca said:

I was SO looking forward to this concert.

I travelled all the way from Brazil to Portugal just to be here tonight, and guess what? Cancelled.

I had a pretty good seat, row D, so close to her.

I'm devastated. Not to say MAD. 

I UNDERSTAND YOUUUU, my friend!!!! WHYYYYY THENNNNN?????? my show was cancelled before .YOU now  were there!!!!!! FEEL YOUUUUU,is there a new resheluded show planned?????FOR YOUUUU????

7 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I wonder if she’ll ever headline Glastonbury. I can’t see it happening to be honest but you never know.

If she was to headline Glasto, she would have to hit the stage on time. If she hits the stage late, the crowd would likely urine-bottle her off the stage. Madonna's lateness wouldn't go down well at Glasto.

LOL to people saying it looks like it "swollen". There is no way she would be on stage if her leg was swollen.   I just see her leg positioned differently than the other.  If she's going to cancel a show for pain, she most definitely wouldn't go on with a show if her leg was swollen.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic