Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

12 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I don't mind the release, but she hasn't sold anything significant from the last several releases, so that's why I wonder if she might skip a Live album release. 

The Rebel Heart DVD sold near 200k. For a live release coming out so late it was amazing. 

Plenty smaller bands and singers do complete live boxsets and sell a lot less than Madonna and they bother to release them.

My problem is...the editing. Her voice and setlist were perfect for the Rebel Heart Tour recordings. i remember the youtube videos and she ruined the recording completely by including multiple layers of her vocals, autotuning her live voice and even including a part of her Like a Virgin performance from S&S on that concert's LAV performance. It was a mess. I hope she doesn't do that now.

6 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Come again?

If you listen to the Like a Virgin performance from the Rebel Heart Tour DVD you can hear 2 completely distinct Madonna vocals: One taken from that tour...and another one a bit drowned in the background. That one is the audio from her S&S tour performance DVD :dead:

This was widely mentioned at the time.

15 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

The Rebel Heart DVD sold near 200k. For a live release coming out so late it was amazing. 

Plenty smaller bands and singers do complete live boxsets and sell a lot less than Madonna and they bother to release them.

My problem is...the editing. Her voice and setlist were perfect for the Rebel Heart Tour recordings. i remember the youtube videos and she ruined the recording completely by including multiple layers of her vocals, autotuning her live voice and even including a part of her Like a Virgin performance from S&S on that concert's LAV performance. It was a mess. I hope she doesn't do that now.

Not that I doubt you, but if so that must be world-wide sales.  It's just I've never seen a source that stated it even sold that many. 

And I agree with the over editing on her vocals.  Though, MDNA was far worse and some of those vocals were still pretty bad.  At least, with Rebel Heart, she sounded better on most of those performances. 

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

Well, we know it's filmed.  How it's released is another story.  Her last several tour DVD/CD releases didn't really sell well.  So I'll be curious if they will skip the CD and possibly only have the concert stream on a specific platform.  But of course, I hope for a DVD/Blu-Ray still.

The physical release (and live cds) are in her contract. She's not Taylor Swift, she knows physcals is still her world and not digital.

58 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The physical release (and live cds) are in her contract. She's not Taylor Swift, she knows physcals is still her world and not digital.

Taylor Swift has nothing to do with what I was saying.  We may assume she thinks of releasing "physicals", but then explain why her singles aren't getting physical releases?  So obviously, she is releasing less and less physically. 

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a DVD/BLU-RAY.   I just question if there will be a LIVE album packaged with it. And I'm betting a streaming service will have first dibs on it, before we see a physical release.

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

If you listen to the Like a Virgin performance from the Rebel Heart Tour DVD you can hear 2 completely distinct Madonna vocals: One taken from that tour...and another one a bit drowned in the background. That one is the audio from her S&S tour performance DVD :dead:

This was widely mentioned at the time.

Agreed. Hearing the Sticky vocals come in was like "Whaaaat?":lol:

55 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Taylor Swift no tiene nada que ver con lo que estaba diciendo. Podemos suponer que ella piensa en lanzar "exámenes físicos", pero luego explicar por qué sus singles no reciben lanzamientos físicos. Obviamente, ella está liberando cada vez menos físicamente. 

De todos modos, estoy seguro de que habrá un DVD / BLU-RAY. Solo pregunto si habrá un álbum EN VIVO empaquetado con él. Y apuesto a que un servicio de transmisión tendrá primero dibs, antes de que veamos un lanzamiento físico.

Yes Amazon prime Netflix...

4 hours ago, MarXus said:

Taylor Swift has nothing to do with what I was saying.  We may assume she thinks of releasing "physicals", but then explain why her singles aren't getting physical releases?  So obviously, she is releasing less and less physically. 

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a DVD/BLU-RAY.   I just question if there will be a LIVE album packaged with it. And I'm betting a streaming service will have first dibs on it, before we see a physical release.

Because Taylor Swift is a force on the digital world, that's why her last tour was only released on Netflix. Madonna is not. Now, she can alwasy release it on Prime like Coldplay did, but they also released it on dvd/cd. Madonna's live cds are in her contract as I said, that's why they were released also ad stan alone albums since MDNA even if they're just a copy of the audio from the bluray/DVD. 

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Because Taylor Swift is a force on the digital world, that's why her last tour was only released on Netflix. Madonna is not. Now, she can alwasy release it on Prime like Coldplay did, but they also released it on dvd/cd. Madonna's live cds are in her contract as I said, that's why they were released also ad stan alone albums since MDNA even if they're just a copy of the audio from the bluray/DVD. 

And that's great for TS.  Netflix is highly popular, but it still has nothing to do with what I was posting.  I'm not sure why you even brought her up?  But since you did, it just only proves that some streaming service like Netflix or even Amazon will make a decent debut for Madonna's Madame X Concert. 

What Coldplay did or what you assume Madonna's contract is; doesn't mean a Live CD will be released, but who knows? 

That all said, I am not disputing any sort of contract agreement she has.  I'm only wondering (and wondering; means it's just my opinion and in no way am I stating anything as fact) that her latest tour will see a Live CD release.   No one knows the terms of her contract at this point. 

On 1/20/2020 at 8:32 AM, Blue Jean said:

There would definitely be a lot of cost involved in postponing, all of the musicians, dancers and crew will have other jobs lined up for the future. Then there is the venue availability to consider. It would be very complicated and expensive to reschedule I imagine. Cancelling some shows only is possibly her best option financially.

Totally agree.  I am thinking, and I very well could be wrong, that all performers would be paid in full by insurance coverage?
Looking back at Sticky & Sweet Round 2009, many of the original performers chose to stick (LOL) with the tour extension, so perhaps something similar could be worked out for a postponement of the MADAME X Tour 2020.

1 hour ago, boytoy77 said:

Totally agree.  I am thinking, and I very well could be wrong, that all performers would be paid in full by insurance coverage?
Looking back at Sticky & Sweet Round 2009, many of the original performers chose to stick (LOL) with the tour extension, so perhaps something similar could be worked out for a postponement of the MADAME X Tour 2020.

They would be paid by someone. They will have a contract for the full term. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
10 hours ago, MarXus said:

And that's great for TS.  Netflix is highly popular, but it still has nothing to do with what I was posting.  I'm not sure why you even brought her up?  But since you did, it just only proves that some streaming service like Netflix or even Amazon will make a decent debut for Madonna's Madame X Concert. 

What Coldplay did or what you assume Madonna's contract is; doesn't mean a Live CD will be released, but who knows? 

That all said, I am not disputing any sort of contract agreement she has.  I'm only wondering (and wondering; means it's just my opinion and in no way am I stating anything as fact) that her latest tour will see a Live CD release.   No one knows the terms of her contract at this point. 

I brought her up because since to you the latest dvds didn't sold very well, a digital release makes much sense when in reality it doesn't, since Madonna needs also physicals sales. That's all.

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I brought her up because since to you the latest dvds didn't sold very well, a digital release makes much sense when in reality it doesn't, since Madonna needs also physicals sales. That's all.

Well they haven't sold very well.  And yes, a digital release makes loads of sense, since that is how most people view their movies, concerts and listen to their music anymore.  But of course, any artist would benefit with physical sales as well. 

• 2 months later...