Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

5 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

A lot of good shots but that has been one of my pet peeves with the last few DVD's. Every second the shot changes, I can only watch a minute or so before I end up feeling dizzy. I didn't watch it all, but I hate the slowed down shots, Living for Love was ruined on the DVD release for me because of those slow motion movements. The last great tour release for me was DWT and RIT (The office unofficial leaked one). And I am still fizzing mad we didn't get any of those amazing crane shots teased in the MDNA promos.

Oh, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED. Remember the original version of the DVD sneak peek leaked on ABC? Look how much better the editing is:

100% would have been an even better DVD edit than Confessions. I'm thoroughly convinced this was a complete Miami edit and that the original version was only Miami shots. It would have been jaw-dropping. It's hard to tell, but it sounds like a different audio edit, too.

Why she had to piss off the crowd sufficiently that night so as to ruin the end-product, that will always remain one of the biggest Madonna mysteries... 

10 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Oh, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED. Remember the original version of the DVD sneak peek leaked on ABC? Look how much better the editing is:

100% would have been an even better DVD edit than Confessions. I'm thoroughly convinced this was a complete Miami edit and that the original version was only Miami shots. It would have been jaw-dropping. It's hard to tell, but it sounds like a different audio edit, too.

Why she had to piss off the crowd sufficiently that night so as to ruin the end-product, that will always remain one of the biggest Madonna mysteries... 

I know! I agree, that was so frustrating. And in Confessions DVD when she goes down the lift after Jump, who the heck thought it was a good idea to make it look like the floor is eating her or she is sinking into it. But I would just love for those crane shots to be leaked so it is like watching a normal looking tour.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
39 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Wow, seeing this for the first time and it is so frustrating that we didn’t have a finished product with editing as good as that. Madonna why were you so late the second night :Madonna023:

24 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

I know! I agree, that was so frustrating. And in Confessions DVD when she goes down the lift after Jump, who the heck thought it was a good idea to make it look like the floor is eating her or she is sinking into it. But I would just love for those crane shots to be leaked so it is like watching a normal looking tour.

I absolutely loved that effect.  I loved the Confessions Tour film. We need a 4K STAT.

I saw it live & the only thing I would complain about on the DVD is you don't get to see the light show on the audience making you feel like you're in a disco. 

1 hour ago, techno101 said:

What actually happened at this Miami concert? 

I know she's upset French audiences before. 

Just now, Ashley said:

What actually happened at this Miami concert? 

I know she's upset French audiences before. 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/events/go-guide-blog/sf-madonna-review-mdna-tour-in-miami-20121120-story.html

Came on at 11:20 PM, angry crowd who booed / left, etc. etc. The usual stories.

10 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I think so too. The circularness ("life is a circle") reminds me of Trojan (Joan of Arc) times. It also makes me think of bull fighting! 

IMG_1968.JPG

That's an interesting perspective. 

2 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

I remember watching it on NBC and being disappointed in all the effects. It just felt so fake at the time. Now I'd give ANYTHING to have a new tour look like this. Although, completely live would be ideal. I think Drowned World Tour takes the cake from me. 

A review from instagram: 

Madame X tour: It happened yesterday (12/01), the second stage of the MadameTour tour. And we have all the details of how was the first night of the show in the Portuguese city. The doors opened at 8:30 pm, and the show began at 10 pm sharp. Madonna made the fado club, and sang the song "Soldade", a song she had taken from seltlist in the USA. She called Dino Santiago to go on stage to sing with her (amazing moment) Madonna said she was super eager to start the tour in Lisbon, thanked several times, did the countdown in Portuguese (super applauded at that time) Who bought the polaroid photo of the show was a Brazilian (RAFAEL), he played with an Italian, but in the end who took the photo was the Brazilian. The show was recorded on several cameras, directed by Ricardo Gomes, even had a mobile camera in the audience. Madonna was very lively, very lively. #madonna #madamex #madamextour #coliseumtheatre #lisbon

18 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Another report from NOM:

She expressed herself on her knee and said that she was in great pain but she valued her fans and the pleasure of seeing us happy and up close.

Strangely, a person on IG told me she was in great shape and had no problems with her knee.

I am still worried...

She’s still in pain??

From Madonna Tribe:

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2020/opening-night-in-lisbon/MADAME X TOUR

Opening night in Lisbon

BY MADONNATRIBE · JANUARY 13, 2020

Madonna brought her Madame X theatre show back to where it all begun performing at the Coliseu dos Recreios in Lisbon last night, and here is what the lucky Tribers who attended shared on the Forum.

With a door time of 8:30 PM (and people queueing outside since one hour before) Madonna took the stage much earlier than expected at 9:55. It was a two and a half hour long show, ending at 12:25 in the morning.

She seemed to be in a very good form but she also talked about several times about her injury. Madonna said she was so excited about bringing the show to Lisbon that she wouldn’t have missed it for the world and would have done it on one leg if she’d had to! She also apologised for limping but you may did not even notice it.

Her voice was on fire for the whole night. She absolutely belted out Like a Prayer. The Portuguese audience loved the show, the fado section was a favourite moment as you would expect.

There were a couple of tweaks in the setlist – the short bit from Papa don’t preach wasn’t performed last night but Sodade was back. She did a couple of lines of Elvis Presley acapella while telling her story of meeting Gaspar’s grandmother. Other than that, no changes whatsoever compared to the shows in North America.

The first Polaroid selfie of 2020 went to a handsome Brazilian chap “Madonna fan by day, consultant by night” who offered 5,000 €. The beer chat was italian fashion designer Francesco Scognamiglio, who created Madonna’s dress for the fado section.

As previously reported, a production crew was filminglast night. Four or five camera guys were spotted right up front, shooting most of – but not all of the show. They were in addition to the side cameras that have been present at other show, they were centre stage most of the night, moving around a little bit, and also taking quite a few audiences shots. The fans in the first few rows were told by the security people before the show that they should have expected camera guys moving around them, and that they needed to let them get past whenever necessary.

Madame X returns to the Lisbon Coliseu for her second European show tomorrow, 14 January.

Thanks to our Forum members Djs, Danrm84 and TS92. Check out the MadonnaTribe Forum for their full review!

39 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

OMG Papa Don't Preach was removed from the setlist and Sodade is back!!!! Good changes ???

Here is the full setlist that she performed:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/madonna/2020/coliseu-de-lisboa-lisbon-portugal-539b0f81.html

I knew she would remove papa don't preach though she didn't remove American Life which is strange

4 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Why would she remove AL?

well Papa Don't Preach & American Life on the Madame X Tour made sense on the U.S dates cause she was making a commentary on what's going on in the U.S currently so I thought she would remove them both and maybe add in songs she rehearsed or was rumoured like What It Feels Like For a Girl, Easy Ride or X-Static Process

• Enrico unfeatured this topic