Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Neil

9 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I just hope she realizes this before it's too late. Imagine her keeping this up for over 2 months more.

I mean the UK and Europe in general are still not over the Eurovision fiasco. Imagine her canceling every 2 or 3 shows in London and Paris 1 hour before doors open.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i miss how the state of her career was back in the day she kissed Drake in 2015 o the first time she used those grills LOL

Omg right? I was watching Rebel Heart last night and missing that tour...and at that time I thought that tour was terrible compared to her prior offerings...

This era had so much promise at the beginning. Sigh. This could have been an epic comeback with a proper creative team and business management. It had all the right elements -- Great critical reviews, her returning to her "Reinvention" roots, Mirwais, a new touring format...oh well.

And I agree with your trailing prediction -- There's no way this tour makes it to London. 

Side note -- You are quite handsome :kissy:

7 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Omg right? I was watching Rebel Heart last night and missing that tour...and at that time I thought that tour was terrible compared to her prior offerings...

Side note -- You are quite handsome :kissy:

Really? I always thought MDNA to be an overproduced mess, based on her worst album ever. Lip syncing from the beginning to the end with no room for interaction with the audience. It was the first time i saw Madonna getting lost in the production and "fire works" of her own show. The choreo was amazing and the best she ever did though, even if it wasn't the most energetic tour from her. 

Rebel Heart as an era to me was so much better. The promo, the tour, i actually saw Madonna the artist on stage. Better voice, better everything but the choreography. We got 3 amazing music videos. We got Ghosttown. We got performances everywhere. We got looks. We got a much better album. Ugh...my favorite Madonna era since Confessions for sure. 

Madame X is an album that i love...artistically her best since American Life...but i need to be in a specific mood to listen to it. The world right now is already a mess, i don't need my favorite artist to be telling me we're not gonna last and everything is going to shit LOL.

About your last line...thank you :smile:

Edited by Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Fighter said:

She's trying to use her charm to fight the negativity and it's not gonna work :coffee: 

It's not charm at all, she's trying to be cute and show what a martyr she is and how resilient she is, but her IG this year has become nothing but petty and annoying.  Nobody wants to see videos of her 7 year old being annoying and trying to eat her sushi like a spoiled brat when the clock on her dressing room says 9:21pm and she's not even half dressed and in no hurry to move things along either.

It's totally insulting to all the fans affected by her terrible communication and team this year when she just glosses over their sacrifices and "on with her life".  It's tacky, terrible optics, and just shows how far out of touch she is with the real world.  Not like we didn't know, but it's not cool.

10 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

It's not charm at all, she's trying to be cute and show what a martyr she is and how resilient she is, but her IG this year has become nothing but petty and annoying.  Nobody wants to see videos of her 7 year old being annoying and trying to eat her sushi like a spoiled brat when the clock on her dressing room says 9:21pm and she's not even half dressed and in no hurry to move things along either.

It's totally insulting to all the fans affected by her terrible communication and team this year when she just glosses over their sacrifices and "on with her life".  It's tacky, terrible optics, and just shows how far out of touch she is with the real world.  Not like we didn't know, but it's not cool.

Her IG was never good lol

16 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Madame X is an album that i love...artistically her best since American Life...but i need to be in a specific mood to listen to it. The world right now is already a mess, i don't need my favorite artist to be telling me we're not gonna last and everything is going to shit LOL.

I agree to an extent but its nice that she at least acknowledges it :polish:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

I'm really concerned about her health. She doesn't look well :frown:

The walking stick had me worried. I really am praying at this point that she will finish Lisbon and cancel the remainder of the tour. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The walking stick had me worried. I really am praying at this point that she will finish Lisbon and cancel the remainder of the tour. 

Same. She really needs to let it heal, do whatever needs to be done, rehab it, rest and come back better than ever!

OR

As others have suggested, alter her show, I'm sure fans will still enjoy the show with her sitting for most of it!

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The idea of her coming back better than ever though...I said this earlier but after all that’s happened, I don’t think people would willingly buy tickets to see her in a theatre again. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The idea of her coming back better than ever though...I said this earlier but after all that’s happened, I don’t think people would willingly buy tickets to see her in a theatre again. 

In a couple of years, it will be all forgotten and fans will be begging to see her again. 

Anyway, she shouldn't be performing, especially when she's hobbling around with a cane.  She needs to stop and think about what she's doing to herself.  My fear she's going to cause long term damage.  Just cancel the rest of the tour. We know she isn't going to make all the dates anyway.  From this point on, it will be a toss up of which dates she's going to perform and which is going to be cancelled. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, MarXus said:

In a couple of years, it will be all forgotten and fans will be begging to see her again.

I think this will be the case if it isn’t theatres. I don’t believe everyone will be paying those prices for another theatre show to be honest. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic