It’s The Live Vocals Thread

Can we get together on something kind of out of the box?

I’d love to see YouTube clips of your (yes, you dear reader) favorite performance of Madonna in any era where she is singing live or your preferred version of live. I’m purely seeking your favorite vocals/version, hopefully something special - the visual spectacle, the dancing or lack thereof is irrelevant.

Any tour, awards show, tv special, or whatever will do. And maybe just a sentence to introduce your choice. 

Here’s a few to start:

I’ve always felt she is more relaxed when the band is closer to her. This version is haunting and dynamic compared to the album. 

This version is so fun and carefree. I love the harmonies the backup singers provide.

So whatcha got for me? I’d love to get a reply from anyone, anywhere! 

Who could ever forget this?

She was obviously nervous (see the trembling hands) but she killed it! I also love how she exude coyness here, she was just oozing of charisma and confidence. Also don't get me started with the notes she's hitting! 

Now this is just perfection! I love it when she sings jazz and showcases her lower register. She fucked up a bit here but she handled it flawlessly, and again, let's not forget the innate charisma.

Also, I love the bad girl performance at SNL. I wish she would perform it live more often, it's one of my favorite songs from her.

I love the spanish version of what it feels like for a girl on tour ! I watched it live and I remember it sounding beautiful! In the arena I personally think she sounded her worst live on the whos that girl tour ! Her live vocals have never been perfect but she’s had her good and bad moments ! 

@cherryand @somethingscomingover 

I love these performances, I wish she would revisit these songs on the Madame X tour somehow as they are written by the masters and also signature Madonna tunes. Both songs are timeless.

I also hope that she may consider a musical film again in the near future given the success of Mamma Mia for instance. 

@louis.exe

That Live To Tell performance is beautiful. If u dig the organ I suggest a tune by DJ Shadow titled “Organ Donor”