geert

Poll: Favorite video: Medellin or Crave?

Poll: Favorite video: Medellin or Crave?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite video: Medellin or Crave?

• Medellin
    • Crave

Medellín is more interesting, but the edition is so badly made. Crave is more simple and has a good edition. I choose Medellín anyway, it's the biggest production for a music video she did in years. 

I really love Crave but the thing is that I loved the song the moment I heard it, Medellin was a tune I kinda had to grow to like... The video for Medellin is made with artistic diversity whereas Crave's Video is more streamlined, simpler. 

As a song, I'd vote for Medellin. After a month, I am still not bored of listening to it every day. I particularly love the dreamy and psychological lyrics ("Forgive myself for being me" etc.). But the video is too much: I love the cha cha lesson, but then the scene in bed, and the horses... it's just too much! The wedding scene should have more choreography, too.

Crave: I love the "fado" original inspiration in the guitar intro, but the chorus is too long and too repetitive. I never find myself singing it. It's something that annoys me in Future, too, but here the rhythm saves it. But the Crave video is simple but new, the pidgeons theme is not a repetition of something we've seen already, and after someone interpreted as a memory of a love from the past (Basquiat) I find it even more intriguing.