Your Ticket Purchasing Experience

While there was a considerable amount of confusion amongst fans regarding the registering of shows initially, I was wondering, what was your experience like during the registration and purchasing of tickets?

Your story might help and advise other fans purchase tickets and avoid any problems you might have had.

Here's my experience.

I used the Madonna site to register for The London Palladium.

I'm not an Icon Legacy member or part of any scheme that allowed me early access.

Tickets were due to go on sale Fri 24 May.

I got an email at 6pm the day before tickets went on general sale (Thurs 23 May) stating;

Success! You're a verified fan

Now that we've identified you're a genuine fan, you have been randomly selected to receive an access code for tomorrow’s on sale.

From what I've read, not everyone got an email like mine.

I immediately went to my local ticketmaster website and made sure I was logged in.

On the day of the sale I received two sms texts. The first was a link to purchase tickets- - this arrived at 6:30 am. The second was a code to access the sale - this arrived at 7:45 am.

I used the link just before 9am, this took me to the Madonna shows on ticketmaster. I also copied the code. There was a countdown to when the tickets would be on sale. I selected the show I wanted to attend and waited.

There was a list of show packages. I knew I was going to be clicking the Verified Fan option due to my email.

The moment the sale started there was an unlock button, pressing the button I was then prompted to provide the code I received via sms.

It was then a matter of selecting the seating area I wanted and then wait for ticketmaster to find me a seat. It seemed to take forever!

Got the seat and area I wanted and had a few minutes to secure the ticket or release it and find another.

I went through the payment process. Each stage of the payment process you were allocated more time to complete the purchase. The payment process took the longest of anything to do.

I completed the purchase and was taken to my overall ticket details. I also received a confirmation email a few minutes later.

The email arrived at 9:18 so the entire process took less than 20 minutes!

I have never been used to this method of purchasing tickets, I logged into ticketmaster way ahead of the pre sale beginning. Once 9 o’clock struck I clicked the link which brought me onto the pre sale I had copied and pasted the code required to access tickets once that was done I chose first London palladium show however kept coming up at tickets £500 each I refreshed 4 times on this date only those tickets were left at 9:15 I logged back out and went back in and tried Wednesday 29th January 2020 tickets for 3 attempts only £500 tickets were coming available then on the 4th and final attempt I got tickets at a reasonable price with a good view for £225 each because my details were already saved it took me 2 minutes to go through the whole process to the confirmation this was about 9:35 am it took overall 35 minutes of stress and tears but I got them! All I will say is keep refreshing and don’t give up because the tickets will eventually show! 

It was really nerve wrecking... Got tickets for Lisbon, last Saturday. After hours and hours of refreshing, waiting in queue, finally after 5 pm the system showed tickets for balcony, €200. At the beginning those were €1200 (for 6 people) but in the afternoon they allowed an option to purchase single tickets... System was down couple of times... At one point I completely lost the hope I would get the tickets but, in the end, it worked out. Lisbon, January 19th 2020, Madame X - here I come :)

All my Icon pre-sale have been smooth. This was the smoothest, considering I was put on a waiting list.

45 minutes after they went on sale I was removed from that list and I literally got front row centre to the London show I wanted. Still in a state of shock.

Grateful that something like ICON exists and allows die hard fans the access they deserve.

I registered for tickets for the Brooklyn shows. At first, I was confused and only picked one night with a very limited amount I'd be willing to pay.  I then realized I should pick multiple nights and up the amount I was willing to pay. After discussing it with my better half, I decided to up the price even more to increase my odds .. so I went through the process 3 times .. I got tickets in the $700 range (the max I was willing to pay), kind of off to the side but in the orchestra area .. I did all this as a member of the general public.

Looking back on it, I might have tried for the $500 range tickets as my maximum price. I feel kind of weird that I paid so much for tickets .. but know it'll be worth it in the end.  I've spent more to see Madonna in the past, but for multiple shows .. I've never spent this much for a single show. I also wonder if you will actually be able to get some tickets last minute for a more reasonable price. That's been the case for me in the past. Then again, there aren't nearly as many seats, so that might not be likely.

Overall, my experience was ok. And I'm super excited to see her in such an intimate setting. I do believe most seats will be good given the small venue.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Do they send you an email if you DONT get tickets? I got tickets in the first wave of NYC tickets, but then I placed another order for the second wave and I haven’t heard anything yet. 

Think it's safe to say that's long done now. A friend of mine did Miami and heard nothing as well.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:09 AM, Cameron L. Mitchell said:

I registered for tickets for the Brooklyn shows. At first, I was confused and only picked one night with a very limited amount I'd be willing to pay.  I then realized I should pick multiple nights and up the amount I was willing to pay. After discussing it with my better half, I decided to up the price even more to increase my odds .. so I went through the process 3 times .. I got tickets in the $700 range (the max I was willing to pay), kind of off to the side but in the orchestra area .. I did all this as a member of the general public.

Looking back on it, I might have tried for the $500 range tickets as my maximum price. I feel kind of weird that I paid so much for tickets .. but know it'll be worth it in the end.  I've spent more to see Madonna in the past, but for multiple shows .. I've never spent this much for a single show. I also wonder if you will actually be able to get some tickets last minute for a more reasonable price. That's been the case for me in the past. Then again, there aren't nearly as many seats, so that might not be likely.

Overall, my experience was ok. And I'm super excited to see her in such an intimate setting. I do believe most seats will be good given the small venue.

Hi. Have you received your e-tickets by e-mail or in your ticketmaster account?

I realized just now that the pre-sale process was done by TicketsToday (a Ticketmaster partnet), not by ticketmaster itself. By May 30 I received and e-mail with the price and seats of the Opera House that I got... And my credit card was charged.

But up until now, no tickets by e-mail. They said I'd receive and e-mail by June 9 to accept my tickets, but I haven't. Today I sent and e-mail to costumer support. Let's hope they help me.

I'm a legacy ICON member. I requested tickets for one of the LA shows right at the exact hour requests began. Never heard anything back until Ticketmaster and/or LiveNation sent me a survey asking my opinion of the process. One of the questions was something along the lines of "how did you hear that you had not gotten tickets?", which I hadn't heard.

I am severely disappointed with this process, and disappointed that she's not coming to Northern California, which is where I actually live.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, gafuller said:

I bought mine through Vividseat. Was pretty stress free. Was mainly stressful getting my mother to buy into. I’ll see her in Philadelphia for the first time in my life.

I haven't used Vivid Seats before. How reliable are they??

3 hours ago, cjfinley said:

I haven't used Vivid Seats before. How reliable are they??

No clue? but the tickets weren’t as outrageous as they were elsewhere. I didn’t even check Ticketmaster when I was looking. But they told me the tickets would be digitally available the day of the show and they even updated me the next day with the show time. 

• 2 months later...

annoying.  the tickets i was allocated were worse than tons of tickets that went on the same price and continue to be on sale.  Ticketmaster has a free exchange policy if the seats you want are the same or more $.  they won't allow it for these shows at the request of the artist's management.  very uncool.