• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madgefan changed the title to Madame X Tour | Boston
  • madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Just received an email that all Boston shows have been cancelled. Pretty unbelievable.

“Live Nation regrets to confirm that Madonna’s Madame X concerts previously scheduled for November 30th, December 1st and 2nd at the Boch Center Wang Theatre are cancelled due to doctor’s orders. We are sorry and regret the disappointment to fans in Boston. 

Madonna quote:
Please forgive this unexpected turn of events. Doing my show every night brings me so much joy and to cancel is a kind of punishment for me but the pain I’m in right now is overwhelming and I must rest and follow doctor’s orders so I can come back stronger and better and continue the Madame journey with all of you. 

As we are unable to reschedule the Boston dates due to the tight scheduling through the balance of the year, refunds will be automatically issued to the credit card on which they were ordered.”

Edit with email screenshot:

yfvwrVj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by allanillusion (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, allanillusion said:

Just received an email that all Boston shows have been cancelled. Pretty unbelievable.

“Live Nation regrets to confirm that Madonna’s Madame X concerts previously scheduled for November 30th, December 1st and 2nd at the Boch Center Wang Theatre are cancelled due to doctor’s orders. We are sorry and regret the disappointment to fans in Boston. 

Madonna quote:
Please forgive this unexpected turn of events. Doing my show every night brings me so much joy and to cancel is a kind of punishment for me but the pain I’m in right now is overwhelming and I must rest and follow doctor’s orders so I can come back stronger and better and continue the Madame journey with all of you. 

As we are unable to reschedule the Boston dates due to the tight scheduling through the balance of the year, refunds will be automatically issued to the credit card on which they were ordered.”

Wow, this was unexpected. I imagine she’ll announce on her Instagram soon as well. I really hope she recovers as soon as possible. 

I’m a bit disappointed, although not 100% surprised considering the precedent for this sort of thing. I have seen her a few times already, at least. I was looking forward to this and scored great seats. I was planning on going with my sister who has never seen Madonna before - I feel most disappointed that she will be missing out on this experience.

47 minutes ago, allanillusion said:

Madonna quote:

Edit with email screenshot:

yfvwrVj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Wow I'm in shock. But i can understand if the doctor wants her to cancel. She needs to rest and get her knee better or she's risking ever being able to tour in the capicity she has again. Please, get better soon Madonna!!!

MADONNA IS IN OVERWHELMING PAIN.

what the hell? I’m not used to gettin news like this! I hope she’s okay and takes all the time she needs for recovery! I’m so worried. Praying she will be okay. And no don’t blame it on ticket sales and other reasons, as many fans on other websites/social media are already spitting on her because of money spent. Money is replaceable! Health and time aren’t! 

Madonna has to recover and needs to rest. It will be a sad day if we get worse news of Madonna’s declining health or even worse! I hope this doesn’t compound into something even worse... oh my God

Let’s just understand and pray for her wellness and health, and hope for the best. Hope she’s okay. Madonna is strong but she is an aging human being ???❤️

4 minutes ago, carloazcueta said:

MADONNA IS IN PAIN.

what the hell? I’m not used to gettin news like this! I hope she’s okay and takes all the time she needs for recovery! I’m so worried. Praying she will be okay. And no don’t blame it on ticket sales and other reasons, as many fans on other websites/social media are already spitting on her because of money spent. Money is replaceable! Health and time aren’t! 

Madonna has to recover and needs to rest. It will be a sad day if we get worse news of Madonna’s declining health or even worse! 

Let’s just understand and pray for her wellness and health, and hope for the best. Hope she’s okay ???❤️

This!!! ?????

32 minutes ago, carloazcueta said:

MADONNA IS IN OVERWHELMING PAIN.

Madonna has to recover and needs to rest. It will be a sad day if we get worse news of Madonna’s declining health or even worse! I hope this doesn’t compound into something even worse... oh my God

Let’s just understand and pray for her wellness and health, and hope for the best. Hope she’s okay. Madonna is strong but she is an aging human being ???❤️

I had a hunch this knee injury would not go away.  It's unfortunate that she had to cancel, but anyone with a conscious could not and should not expect her to go on this way. It's evident she was trying to be a TROOPER and carry on.  We all knew she was in pain.  Of course, she didn't make it a secret. 

It just proves no matter how fit and active she is, and throw in her age, it gets harder to heal from an injury.  I truly hope she will be able to recover from this.  I don't see how just a few days will help here.  She probably should just cancel the rest of the dates at least this year, and rest up.  I have a sneaking suspicion she's probably going to need surgery.  If it's that bad, even her European dates might risk being cancelled and if she doesn't, she could really harm her self badly if she continues.  I certainly can't see why any fan would want her to risk her health any further for a concert. 

Now I await the meltdowns and conspiracy theories to follow...  :Madonna007:

4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I had a hunch this knee injury would not go away.  It's unfortunate that she had to cancel, but anyone with a conscious could not and should not expect her to go on this way. It's evident she was trying to be a TROOPER and carry on.  We all knew she was in pain.  Of course, she didn't make it a secret. 

It just proves no matter how fit and active she is, and throw in her age, it gets harder to heal from an injury.  I truly hope she will be able to recover from this.  I don't see how just a few days will help here.  She probably should just cancel the rest of the dates at least this year, and rest up.  I have a sneaking suspicion she's probably going to need surgery.  If it's that bad, even her European dates might risk being cancelled and if she doesn't, she could really harm her self badly if she continues.  I certainly can't see why any fan would want her to risk her health any further for a concert. 

Now I await the meltdowns and conspiracy theories to follow...  :Madonna007:

Yes Well said!

but omg, I hope it doesn’t end up in surgery — that would be a turning point for Madonna and her touring and even her performing. That’s why this break and rest period is needed now. And after a few weeks, she’ll be thoroughly evaluated. Madonna is strong and I’m glad she’s listening to medical advice and I’m sure she is in tune with her body/health. 

5 minutes ago, carloazcueta said:

Yes Well said!

but omg, I hope it doesn’t end up in surgery. That’s why this break and rest period is needed now! And after a few weeks, she’ll be thoroughly evaluated. Madonna is strong and I’m glad she’s listening to medical advice and I’m sure she is in tune with her body/health. 

She's going to need more than 10 days.  Yes, any little bit can help, but I'm sure she's at the point that she needs surgery.  Going back on stage in 10 days will only antagonize it more.  I'm sure she's hoping to power through it until the end of the tour, but like I mentioned before, she's going to have to address it seriously very soon or it's only going to get worse.

1 minute ago, Angelo said:

I’m so sorry for her ❤️

Thank you for that.

This forum and this Madonna community really is the most supportive and understanding in the internet! Our hearts and prayers go out to her! She’s strong but alas she is also an aging, human being. May she recover fully soon! ?

1 minute ago, carloazcueta said:

This forum and this Madonna community really is the most supportive and understanding in the internet! Our hearts and prayers go out to her! She’s strong but alas she is also an aging, human being. May she recover fully soon! ?

Yes, exactly.  Fans who are whining about her cancelling need to take a seat.  As much as we know she's strong and think she is immortal, she isn't.  The truth is; we should be so lucky she has gone this long without a serious injury that puts her out of commission.

37 minutes ago, lmvc said:

I think it's a mix of both facts: physical problems and poor sales. This is how the Boston shows for December 1st and 2nd were last Sunday.

sun 01.jpg

She had a couple other shows in the past that looked very much like this even up to the day before the show, and the show went on.  It's actually a trend lately for popular acts' shows to fill up slowly up to the date of the show. 

That said; it's possible she took advantage of these dates at this time, since she knew it wouldn't impact a lot of people who have already bought tickets.  

It's her knee!  Plain and simple! 

43 minutes ago, lmvc said:

I think it's a mix of both facts: physical problems and poor sales. This is how the Boston shows for December 1st and 2nd were last Sunday.

sun 01.jpg

41 minutes ago, lmvc said:

And here you have how December 2nd were.

mon 02.jpg

Of course fans are the best theorists and know everything. Do they probably fudge some tickets and numbers, probably. Here's how Chicago looked the day before the show and what the boxscores say:

1) Madonna

Chicago Theatre

Chicago, Ill.

Oct. 16-28, 2019

$5,517,435

23,233/23,233

Average Gross: $788,205

Average Attendance: 3,319

Chicago Theatre Capacity: 3,600

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 3.44.20 PM.png