rayoflight_20

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Madonna has posted this at her instagram.  She originally posted her sincere apology for the cancellations with another image, but since deleted it, only to post this:

I'm so worried for her. I'm sorry to everyone who was going to the shows. I hope she feels better and can recover ?

Honestly Madonna has been giving so much for all of us fans for so long. She has a really good record for not cancelling shows, especially for how long she's been doing this. I just hope she can recover from this knee injury and continue performing. I love her so much, I truly hope she feels better and takes this time to rest and enjoy Thanksgiving with her family ♥️

41 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Madonna has posted this at her instagram.  She originally posted her sincere apology for the cancellations with another image, but since deleted it, only to post this:

25 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

Honestly Madonna has been giving so much for all of us fans for so long. She has a really good record for not cancelling shows, especially for how long she's been doing this. I just hope she can recover from this knee injury and continue performing. I love her so much, I truly hope she feels better and takes this time to rest and enjoy Thanksgiving with her family ♥️

I feel so bad for her. She wouldn't cancel unless she was in great pain and absolutely had too. I pray MadameX listens to her doctor and she does everything he says even if that means more cancelling. One thing is for sure...Madonna will be back with a vengeance when she can!! To our beautiful, passionate, strong, inspiring queen who never gives up. ??

I'm really hurt and disappointed. Her NY and LA show were originaly a lot less and then they added shows and I knew that was a mistake. I had excellent seats and great hotel tickets and was truly looking forward to a magical experience. I feel bad that she's hurt. Want hert to get 100% better. I think she felt like shit for LA but instead of cancelling some of those shows she didn't want to dis a city she is supposed to dispise. Instead she said off with Boston's head.

Please someone share their total disapointment with me. I'm fucking pissed!

3 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

I'm really hurt and disappointed. Her NY and LA show were originaly a lot less and then they added shows and I knew that was a mistake. I had excellent seats and great hotel tickets and was truly looking forward to a magical experience. I feel bad that she's hurt. Want hert to get 100% better. I think she felt like shit for LA but instead of cancelling some of those shows she didn't want to dis a city she is supposed to dispise. Instead she said off with Boston's head.

Some fans will tell you have no right to be pissed off. However, you are a consumer and you haven’t been delivered the goods you paid for therefore you have every right to be pissed off it’s not your responsibility to be concerned about Madonna’s health that’s the responsibility of her management and her family. Some friends will think you’re heartless without giving a rats ass about you.

I don’t know how I would feel in your situation but what I do want you to know is that whatever you are feeling is perfectly okay.

I think the years after the last show of the Rebel Heart Tour were already a hiatus. It's obvious that long tours like that previous one, and then 3 years and a half break till she starts a new tour are not doing her favours anymore with her age. Probably the best thing will be resting, and schedule the things better. I can't understand the rush to do 80 dates all together, and then disapearing for 3 years, and then start again to rush everything with the next record. 

Things doesn't work like that anymore, she should focus on less cities but big ones, arenas, and bigger breaks between dates. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, scion said:

I’m beginning to think an arena tour Ltd like the drowned world tour would have been a far better option for her realistically at this point she would’ve already finished the tour.

Part of me wishes she did this. Madame X Tour being a dystopia futuristic concert with a tight stage in the shape of an with like 40-60 shows would have been really cool as well. 

10 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Don't be too mad at her. I think she was ill advised by Live Nation or someone else  on this tour and how they handled it from the get go. With her name, they saw dollar signs only while she just wanted to try something different because that's who she is.

Anyway, it's only natural to feel all the emotions that you do. You care about Madonna and her health is the most important and, yet, you're upset you won't get to see her. Are you going to try for another city? I hope so and that you're still able to attend. Huggsss

8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Part of me wishes she did this. Madame X Tour being a dystopia futuristic concert with a tight stage in the shape of an with like 40-60 shows would have been really cool as well. 

She is way past it now. When I say past it I don’t mean her career I mean her touring ability 60 shows is far too much. She would have been better doing 25 arena shows in areas she could actually sell out an arena.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, scion said:

She is way past it now. When I say past it I don’t mean her career I mean her touring ability 60 shows is far too much. She would have been better doing 25 arena shows in areas she could actually sell out an arena.

To be honest, I agree. It is probably for the best if she does less shows now. In the future she should do 25-35 date arena shows, and if she ever decides to do the greatest hits tour, maybe an exclusive 10 date stadium tour or something like that.

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

To be honest, I agree. It is probably for the best if she does less shows now. In the future she should do 25-35 date arena shows, and if she ever decides to do the greatest hits tour, maybe an exclusive 10 date stadium tour or something like that.

I would be so up for a 10 date stadium tour. Keep it limited and that keeps up Demand.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, scion said:

I would be so up for a 10 date stadium tour. Keep it limited and that keeps up Demand.

Exactly. Kind of like the Spice Girls did earlier this year with a quick and short stadium tour that sold out every date. If she gives it a little while so her knee is better and to build up hype, she can do an exclusive short stadium tour visiting the big locations and she’d sell out every date. 

1 hour ago, scion said:

Some fans will tell you have no right to be pissed off. However, you are a consumer and you haven’t been delivered the goods you paid for therefore you have every right to be pissed off it’s not your responsibility to be concerned about Madonna’s health that’s the responsibility of her management and her family. Some friends will think you’re heartless without giving a rats ass about you.

I don’t know how I would feel in your situation but what I do want you to know is that whatever you are feeling is perfectly okay.

Let's not over exaggerate here.  I think most people are concerned far more for her health. Yes, I realize some people laid out a lot of money, but you can't really be pissed at Madonna for a health issue.  She cannot control that and you can't overlook that fact.  Especially when we've known about her knee and she's been doing multiple shows with a bum knee and nursing it for some time. 

Yes!  Fans who bought tickets have a right to be disappointed, but to go further than that, making up nonsense about her having a responsibility to perform without any regards with her health is quite insensitive.  No amount of a show is worth someone risking their health.  Remember, she doesn't have a job where she can call off sick and still get paid.  For many performers, they still believe "the show must go on".   If she cancels, she loses money. Whether she can afford it or have insurance to cover it, isn't the point here. 

Regarding other arguable points some others have made.  I don't think she has taken on too much.  Hell, look at The RollingStones and U2. They're touring all the time.  RollingStones had to cancel many of their dates because he had to have heart surgery.  I hardly think anyone would hold that against him.  And there are many other older acts touring heavily that could easily fall ill or suffer an unexpected injury.

As @Zaktkoonspointed out, Madonna's track record for not cancelling shows is pretty good.  Previous cancellations are indeed her team overshooting.  There is no argument there.  But again, she's never really done that on any other previous tour.

Finally, I don't think an arena tour would have changed anything here.  She has a bum knee.  She would have had cancelled her arena shows and most likely she would have put on a more physical demanding show if she did arena.  At least with the theater show, she takes breaks and sits a bit more.  Still, I'm sure it's physical demanding and it doesn't help to have a injured knee. And let's face it, Madonna is not a spring chicken anymore.  She might be stronger and quite active than most people her age, but being overly physically active especially when performing can cause unexpected things to happen. 

3 minutes ago, scion said:

She won't lose money at all, the tour will be funny insured and she will be paid regardless. Like any insurance, her premiums might rise for the next tour etc.

But again, is that really the point?  The woman is in pain.  No one should be holding that against her and be at the point of being livid.  Yes, disappointed.  But you can't really encourage people to be so pissed at her when she has a health issue.   Just be glad it's just her knee.  It could be something far more serious that could keep her from touring forever.  Unfortunately, she's a dancer so the knee is important to her being the active entertainer she is. The knee will always be an issue if she doesn't mend or have it fixed if needed.

Oh absolutely, but I maintain that those whom are actually affected by this have a right to feel however they want towards the situation. Fans like you or me who aren't financially or emotionally invested in the Boston shows have no right to any anger or disappointment towards M, the situation, or the affected fans.

Thank you guys for keeping this thread respectful so far! 

Yes it is unfortunate for those fans who have invested time and treasure for the Boston shows. Hope they will have recompense ASAP and more. 

As for Madonna, rest and a long break is needed and hopefully all this tour scheduling shall be sorted out BUT FIRST she has to be back in prime health. 

Thank you guys!

10 minutes ago, scion said:

Oh absolutely, but I maintain that those whom are actually affected by this have a right to feel however they want towards the situation. Fans like you or me who aren't financially or emotionally invested in the Boston shows have no right to any anger or disappointment towards M, the situation, or the affected fans.

But those who did, shouldn't be so angry to the point they blame Madonna or worse.   The late issue is something I can get behind in people being pissed, but not a health issue.  It's weird how some fans can stick up for her for being late several hours, but when she cancels shows due to health reasons, to be angry or blame her, makes no sense to me at all. 

In hindsight it probably would have been better for her to have postponed the whole tour until her knee was completely recovered, it was clear it was an issue during rehearsals. I have a feeling she may need surgery. For a person who's had a dancing career she's had a good run without injury over her performing career. 

51 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Also these days they can stream concerts live into cinemas. If M did a small tour and scheduled a couple of shows to be broadcast live around the world into cinemas or did a pay-per-view deal with some online streaming provider for people to watch the concert live around the world, she would still make a healthy income from the concert. 

From what I heard, Madonna had enough trouble selling out the Rebel Heart Tour and Live Nation cut back on her touring expenses considerably. The reason for the smaller tour was to do a show where she could be confident there would be no problem selling out. With how often she tours, it's no longer an event for the general public. It's just expected. Each tour was selling less than the previous. If she stopped touring for 8 years, the public would flock to see her. Now they just think they'll catch the next one in 2 or 3 years. No big deal. The demand isn't there. 

As others have stated, the way this tour was handled was a disaster. I get that she was trying something new and almost reinventing the wheel, but the amount of boneheaded moves is staggering. I also don't get why they added more and more dates when the ones announced hadn't even sold out. Now if she cut back to the original schedule it looks like she's cancelling for reasons other than medical. She should give herself a break in between venues. 

At any rate, she now doesn't owe Live Nation anymore tours and doesn't owe Interscope anymore albums. Hopefully she takes some time and really considers the ramifications of the contract she signs - at least make sure you have a real record label behind you!