Madame X Tour | Boston

rayoflight_20

1 hour ago, drivebitch said:

From what I heard, Madonna had enough trouble selling out the Rebel Heart Tour and Live Nation cut back on her touring expenses considerably. The reason for the smaller tour was to do a show where she could be confident there would be no problem selling out. With how often she tours, it's no longer an event for the general public. It's just expected. Each tour was selling less than the previous. If she stopped touring for 8 years, the public would flock to see her. Now they just think they'll catch the next one in 2 or 3 years. No big deal. The demand isn't there. 

As others have stated, the way this tour was handled was a disaster. I get that she was trying something new and almost reinventing the wheel, but the amount of boneheaded moves is staggering. I also don't get why they added more and more dates when the ones announced hadn't even sold out. Now if she cut back to the original schedule it looks like she's cancelling for reasons other than medical. She should give herself a break in between venues. 

At any rate, she now doesn't owe Live Nation anymore tours and doesn't owe Interscope anymore albums. Hopefully she takes some time and really considers the ramifications of the contract she signs - at least make sure you have a real record label behind you!

Her move from Warner/Sire has been a disaster. 

I'd also say Jaime King should have been moved on long ago. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame, I never really realised how much the knee has been affecting her. I was just watching the Rebel Heart tour (fan dvd) and you'd never have known. But I also think to myself with the show build around all those stairs, why Madonna forces herself to use them in the show then

Also, I do think there could be slightly more behind it and one of those being the fundamental mistakes regarding the whole operation behind this tour. Someone somewhere should have known or have been saying to Madonna that Madame X is not your typical Madonna album, even for die-hard fans. An intimate theatre tour is great but 80% of it Madame X songs, hugely inflated ticket prices and then some cities getting so many dates was never going to work. I don't think they really had any problem selling tickets for Rebel Heart, there are always going to be a few empty seats but even at Glasgow show which was right before Christmas, I was stunned at how packed the show was.

They should have had maybe maximum 2-3 days in cities and left gaps that could then add extra shows if the demand was there. It was a greedy gamble on behalf of Madonna's management and Live Nation that has backfired because now you have an exhausted performer, in agony, probably fed up finding the energy to keep doing the same show with minimal breaks in between.

I also think the phone ban while great in principal was a mistake because there's no momentum for the tour. No videos popping up on youtube to even interest the casual fan who might see some videos and pay £300+. Although I doubt that. I think the pricing and the length of show dates has been a major f**k up.

There's definitely a few things going on, the few clips I have seen that either have been released or filmed professionally or leaked, Madonna doesn't come over as being anywhere near as happy as she was on the RHT which I believe she truly enjoyed performing.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Her move from Warner/Sire has been a disaster. 

I'd also say Jaime King should have been moved on long ago. 

If she plans to continue making music and touring, I really wish that she would return to Warner/Sire and hire a different and superior tour director. Maybe one that’s behind all the recent big stadium tours or something.

1 hour ago, Alan Leggate said:

There's definitely a few things going on, the few clips I have seen that either have been released or filmed professionally or leaked, Madonna doesn't come over as being anywhere near as happy as she was on the RHT which I believe she truly enjoyed performing.

huh? It's exactly the opposite. Read all fan reviews. She's really loving the Madame X Tour for sure. 

I mean come on. It is a show done and planned by her. I'm sure it wasn't Live Nation that told her to perform 90% of the Madame X songs in there. She's doing the show she wanted to do and i'm sure she's loving it. 

It's simply her knee doing bad. And it's an injury that already started before the tour started anyway. They simply didn't count on that. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

huh? It's exactly the opposite. Read all fan reviews. She's really loving the Madame X Tour for sure. 

I mean come on. It is a show done and planned by her. I'm sure it wasn't Live Nation that told her to perform 90% of the Madame X songs in there. She's doing the show she wanted to do and i'm sure she's loving it. 

It's simply her knee doing bad. And it's an injury that already started before the tour started anyway. They simply didn't count on that. 

It is nice to see that she seems to be enjoying this tour, despite the fact that she must be exhausted. I do wonder what she considers to be her best tour.

23 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I've never seen Madonna lie down during a show and sound absolutely genuine when she says "she's so tired" or "so exhausted". And yes I know insomnia etc, but that isn't a new thing. 

My initial post is just my own inference of the era and the issues I really believe are yes of course her knee, but the really awful planning around this tour and why Madonna agreed to (or is so she swayed by Guy O) so many shows and such a tight schedule. If this wasn't Madonna that we all know and have witnessed so many times be the boss, it's almost like she's being managed like Judy Garland in her latter days. Get her out on stage to do as many shows as possible. As I said I don't know, but perhaps the knee pain and also the cancellation of certain shows is more a "f**k you" from her to whoever organised this amount of dates so tightly packed together, or on the other hand maybe she did genuinely underestimate it.

Te be honest I would have opted for a lesser physically challenging show (in case this one is for her - I have no idea, haven't seen any video..)

We all know that performance-wise all she needs is a great outfit, amazing lights, her dramatic poses and a cool choreography (without any need to jump all over the stage or walk up and down staircases...)

I would love the Madonna of the Dancefloor even if she doesn't have to move all along.......stretching simple and yet effective. U know what I mean?

I believe she has been pushing herself because she has something to prove at 61. No matter the reasons, if she can't perform a show, the media will most likely build a narrative around her age, and even if they don't, I would not be surprised if Madonna thought they might. So she pushed herself through the pain until she just couldn't anymore.

22 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I believe she has been pushing herself because she has something to prove at 61. No matter the reasons, if she can't perform a show, the media will most likely build a narrative around her age, and even if they don't, I would not be surprised if Madonna thought they might. So she pushed herself through the pain until she just couldn't anymore.

gssmashhitspage1.jpg

That "she's too old" narrative has been in full swing since 1993 at least. Almost half of her life ago. So nothing new. 

I'm sure if the doctors felt she couldn't perform more this tour they would tell her to just cancel or delay the entire thing. 

Let's just wait and see. She has basically 2 weeks with no shows and i'm sure she has multiple doctors working on her and i'm sure they know what her problem is. 

Knee issues are the worst. I had tendinitis on my knee and and i had to stop for more than a month...but i was in my 20's and not in the middle of a world tour.

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

gssmashhitspage1.jpg

That "she's too old" narrative has been in full swing since 1993 at least. Almost half of her life ago. So nothing new. 

I'm sure if the doctors felt she couldn't perform more this tour they would tell her to just cancel or delay the entire thing. 

Let's just wait and see. She has basically 2 weeks with no shows and i'm sure she has multiple doctors working on her and i'm sure they know what her problem is. 

Knee issues are the worst. I had tendinitis on my knee and and i had to stop for more than a month...but i was in my 20's and not in the middle of a world tour.

The funniest part of reading that article is towards the end where it states "As the clock reached 10:30pm, Madonna comes out for her final encore..." Oh those were the days lol

9 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

gssmashhitspage1.jpg

Being a trained dancer, she's had a very good run without serious injury. It wouldn't surprise me if she has knee surgery. 

It wouldn't surprise me either if she packs up and moves away from Portugal and sells up her other properties and settles in NYC and the Hamptons for the long term. 

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

Yeah how dare she have a knee injury.

giphy.gif

Let's phase it a different way -

It truly sucks that she is injured. 

However, her not taking care of her body is irresponsible - for herself and her family. 

It's also incredibly irresponsible and disrespectful to the people she works for as well as her paying fans. This "will she or won't she show up" game has to stop. Period. How much money have fans lost on flights, hotels, etc. 

Make a decision. Shit or get off of the pot. It will suck either way but you risk pissing off more people as well as your own health and well-being if you don't get this properly treated. 

Of course, that is based on this being the real reason why she's canceling shows. It's always possible that it's not.

But no one here will ever know the truth.

46 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Let's phase it a different way -

It truly sucks that she is injured. 

However, her not taking care of her body is irresponsible - for herself and her family. 

It's also incredibly irresponsible and disrespectful to the people she works for as well as her paying fans. This "will she or won't she show up" game has to stop. Period. How much money have fans lost on flights, hotels, etc. 

Make a decision. Shit or get off of the pot. It will suck either way but you risk pissing off more people as well as your own health and well-being if you don't get this properly treated. 

Of course, that is based on this being the real reason why she's canceling shows. It's always possible that it's not.

But no one here will ever know the truth.

Really?  Are you really saying this?  Wow!  Just wow! 

47 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Really?  Are you really saying this?  Wow!  Just wow! 

M would never have recovered the way she did after the fall from her horse back in 2005 is she didn't take good care of herself. 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

M would never have recovered the way she did after the fall from her horse back in 2005 is she didn't take good care of herself. 

Exactly!  She is very in tune to her body and what she's capable of.  We know she's strong and stubborn too. She never would purposely lie about her condition to cancel a show.  I can't believe anyone would make such a suggestion.

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

Exactly!  She is very in tune to her body and what she's capable of.  We know she's strong and stubborn too. She never would purposely lie about her condition to cancel a show.  I can't believe anyone would make such a suggestion.

Well, if that's not a lie, why can't she just sing? Don't dance. 

Phil Collins recently did his show from a stool.

Instead of disappointing fans, just sit there and sing. Fans should be happy to see her and the show. Isn't that better than outright canceling? 

If you want to have a true cabaret show, now's your chance.

1 hour ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Well, if that's not a lie, why can't she just sing? Don't dance. 

Phil Collins recently did his show from a stool.

Instead of disappointing fans, just sit there and sing. Fans should be happy to see her and the show. Isn't that better than outright canceling? 

If you want to have a true cabaret show, now's your chance.

Stupid me!  Why haven't I put you on ignore long ago?  It's weird how you still post here when you are constantly negative about Madonna.