Madame X Tour | Boston

rayoflight_20

1 hour ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Well, if that's not a lie, why can't she just sing? Don't dance. 

Phil Collins recently did his show from a stool.

Instead of disappointing fans, just sit there and sing. Fans should be happy to see her and the show. Isn't that better than outright canceling? 

If you want to have a true cabaret show, now's your chance.

Maybe it's because she's not the type to just sit and sing.  Geez. And now I'm putting you on ignore again for your hatred for Madonna. I wish you the best too with being so responsible always that you'll never have an injury in your life. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Maybe it's because she's not the type to just sit and sing.  Geez. And now I'm putting you on ignore again for your hatred for Madonna. I wish you the best too with being so responsible always that you'll never have an injury in your life. 

Hi!  Can you please accept private messages?  I wanted to share something with you that you might agree with. :)

4 hours ago, MarXus said:

Stupid me!  Why haven't I put you on ignore long ago?  It's weird how you still post here when you are constantly negative about Madonna.

Why does it have to be you posing as her personal SJW?!

She disappointed thousands of her loyal fans with this tour! Let’s have some real talk about it: there are no 'highly specialized production elements' that led to the rescheduling. There are moving staircases and projections, that’s all. Someone in her team simply miscalculated the time it would take to move the show from one city to the next!

Addressing her knee injury: I know this might sound a little outlandish to ask but maybe she could have changed the show focusing more on the singing (Do I sound crazy? Would be interesting though - her being more relaxed as she's getting older with her amazing tone in the voice that is getting raspier with age)

I believe the reason M wanted to do a smaller-venue tour with residencies in selected cities was because the fans loved her request section at the Rebel Heart Tour so much. She was spontaneous about her song selection, didn't care when she would forget a lyric and wouldn't focus too much on being the greatest dancer in the world. That I think was essentially what she wanted the Madame X Tour to be.

Now that we've had such major setbacks as fans I can only understand everyone that is furious about the cancelled shows!

I can not stress often enough that I am too!

My boyfriend has planned to surprise me for my birthday and got the tickets months ahead. Luckily he got insurance for the hotel room right from the get-go, so, not all money is lost. But that really disrupted my loyalty towards Madonna. She's got so many fans paying top dollar to see the show, travelling half the world to get to a city she has decided to play just to get notified about M cancelling. I mean WTF?!

3 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Someone in her team simply miscalculated the time it would take to move the show from one city to the next!

Addressing her knee injury: I know this might sound a little outlandish to ask but maybe she could have changed the show focusing more on the singing (Do I sound crazy? Would be interesting though - her being more relaxed as she's getting older with her amazing tone in the voice that is getting raspier with age)

I believe the reason M wanted to do a smaller-venue tour with residencies in selected cities was because the fans loved her request section at the Rebel Heart Tour so much. That I think was essentially what she wanted the Madame X Tour to be.

Now that we've had such major setbacks as fans I can only understand everyone that is furious about the cancelled shows!

But that really disrupted my loyalty towards Madonna. She's got so many fans paying top dollar to see the show, travelling half the world to get to a city she has decided to play just to get notified about M cancelling. I mean WTF?!

I get what you're saying but the actual arrangement of dates so close together, along with the logistics of moving to each city to me can only be blamed on BAD MANAGEMENT. And I'm do blame Madonna for a lot of things at times but for this, sorry, Guy needs to be sacked. He has consistently in my (and many other fans) opinion been a bad manager for Madonna. Whether it's been out of loyalty or the fact he's secured multi-million deals for her, I don't know why she keeps him around.

I can't see Madonna ever being the type of performer to be able to sit still and do a show. Even with Tears of a clown, she had to get up to move at certain points. I just don't think it's in her DNA, or if she went down this route then it would need to be a complete revamp of a show like many spoke about an anti tour - tour.

And I agree she LOVED the relaxed vibe of Rebel Heart Tour, it was awesome and plain to see. Whether or not she would go down this route of with Madame X tour and singing random songs/requests.... something in my gut tells me this won't be this type of show she does. Maybe I'll be proved wrong (probably) but it seems to me it's going to be a theatre show that won't change much (if any).

Finally, I can understand why this has disrupted your loyalty but I think the saving grace Madonna has in her touring career is for the most part she really does very rarely cancel concerts. Her record must be pretty high compared to a variety of other artists, but there is something I believe fundamentally wrong behind the scenes that isn't just related to her knee injury.

5 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Why does it have to be you posing as her personal SJW?!

She disappointed thousands of her loyal fans with this tour! Let’s have some real talk about it: there are no 'highly specialized production elements' that led to the rescheduling. There are moving staircases and projections, that’s all. Someone in her team simply miscalculated the time it would take to move the show from one city to the next!

I believe the reason M wanted to do a smaller-venue tour with residencies in selected cities was because the fans loved her request section at the Rebel Heart Tour so much. She was spontaneous about her song selection, didn't care when she would forget a lyric and wouldn't focus too much on being the greatest dancer in the world. That I think was essentially what she wanted the Madame X Tour to be.

I can not stress often enough that I am too!

My boyfriend has planned to surprise me for my birthday and got the tickets months ahead. Luckily he got insurance for the hotel room right from the get-go, so, not all money is lost. But that really disrupted my loyalty towards Madonna. She's got so many fans paying top dollar to see the show, travelling half the world to get to a city she has decided to play just to get notified about M cancelling. I mean WTF?!

SJW way?  I'm not even sure what that means? 

Anyway, I understand people being upset with her cancelling/rescheduling her shows when it's because of the dates being too close to one another/production issues or something they probably should have foreseen.  It's like the Paris dates being rescheduled.  It does seem odd that this wasn't foreseen when scheduling.

Though, that isn't what I was taking issue with, in my above posts.  Her Boston cancellations is a health issue.  That is totally different from the other cancellations. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here, it gets a bit annoying to see people (who are constantly known for putting her down) come in and make assumptions that she is faking the injury or as if she could have prevented this from happening. 

Of course, that is based on this being the real reason why she's canceling shows. It's always possible that it's not.

But no one here will ever know the truth.

5 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Addressing her knee injury: I know this might sound a little outlandish to ask but maybe she could have changed the show focusing more on the singing (Do I sound crazy? Would be interesting though - her being more relaxed as she's getting older with her amazing tone in the voice that is getting raspier with age).

We now know that they need at least 3 days between venue to have everything ready.  They use the ridiculous expression "production elements" which implies projections, rehearsal, etc. This don't justify the miscalculation, it us so unprofessional, but the fact that they are not explaining details doesn't mean they are lying and there is no need of that time to adjust everything.

6 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

What exactly did I say that was negative???

For her to continue shows instead of canceling??

I think your previous post I quoted, implying that her injury is fake, is upsetting many.

Now we are all very worried about shows being cancelled and rescheduled, but we are all very worried about Madonna's health, we've seen she's been suffering... or is it the ice bath fake too?  You can say she hasn't taken care of her voice, but her body??

As for M just sitting and singing, we all know it's so not Madonna. Although I'd personally love her to do that, she would never do it, and she is not that kind of performer. 

Although it has to be stressed that Phil Collins was also never the type to just sit down and sing but in order to carry on performing for his fans he’s had to adapt to his own body. I’m not saying she should sit on a stool for two hours, but I do think and move more in that direction would aid her longevity this tour.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, scion said:

Although it has to be stressed that Phil Collins was also never the type to just sit down and sing but in order to carry on performing for his fans he’s had to adapt to his own body. I’m not saying she should sit on a stool for two hours, but I do think and move more in that direction would aid her longevity this tour.

In the future, I think she should return to doing approximately 30-40 dates like she did on The Girlie Show World Tour and Drowned World Tour, and not too much heavy choreography. I think that would benefit her a lot more. 

13 minutes ago, scion said:

Though was Phil Collins ever as active on stage as Madonna has always been?  In truth, fans have already noted (if not complained) how these last two tours are less active on her part than previous tours.  So it tells me that in some sense she is slowing things down.  At the same time, she's far more fit than most 20 and 30 year olds.  I'm sure she didn't anticipate her knee causing so much of a problem.  At the same time, this may be the tour that she realizes she isn't able to physically handle it like she used to.  All I know is that she's a force and loves to push herself.  I can't fault her for that.

17 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Let's phase it a different way -

It truly sucks that she is injured. 

However, her not taking care of her body is irresponsible - for herself and her family. 

It's also incredibly irresponsible and disrespectful to the people she works for as well as her paying fans. This "will she or won't she show up" game has to stop. Period. How much money have fans lost on flights, hotels, etc. 

Make a decision. Shit or get off of the pot. It will suck either way but you risk pissing off more people as well as your own health and well-being if you don't get this properly treated. 

Of course, that is based on this being the real reason why she's canceling shows. It's always possible that it's not.

But no one here will ever know the truth.

Wait...did i miss something or the Boston dates are the first ones cancelled due to her knee and she did so 3 days before the dates started? There was another one in NYC that she cancelled like the day before right? Hardly a "will she or won't she show up"., specially when she has done exactly 39 shows already, which is exactly the number of shows the entire The Girlie Show had.

And you saying there's a chance this isn't about her knee is a bit sad considering everyone that has been watching some shows always reports on her favoring one knee to the other one, Madonna complaining of pain, etc. 

It's clear she's making an effort to not cancel anything. And "no one will ever know the truth"?

The overdramatics with your post...it's not like she's been canceling 50% of her shows on the day they happen and people only know once the day starts. This woman until the tour started had canceled like 15 shows during almost 40 years of a career. This is probably unprecedented before for any artist of her caliber. 

If there's one person that deserves their fans trust is Madonna. She NEVER gave us reason to believe she'd cancel a show or 2 because she doesn't feel like performing or because she's over it or something. She's having fun with this tour and it shows. 

Let's give the woman time to recover. She deserves it. 

edit: just read your username. if you're the same one from Madonnatribe your post content is explained now. i shouldn't have bothered with this essay.

Edited by Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues (see edit history)

I think it's just an unfortunate cascade of events for this tour.

She injured her knee during rehearsals. Without commitments of an impending tour she probably would have had surgery to fix it (if needed) or would have been able to have the time needed to allow it to heal. But she was already at the point of no return, either cancel half the tour before it started to give the time needed, or push on and see how it goes.

She chose to push on, which is credit to her stamina and determination. Unfortunately, it hasn't healed or got any better.

A separate issue is the logistics, this seems to be something new for LN and Madonna and I guess they underestimated the time needed to set up at each new venue. 

Combine both and it's a perfect storm. 

I really hope she gets the rest she needs. This isn't an age related injury, it's a sports related injury, but it needs time to heal properly. 

19 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Instead of disappointing fans, just sit there and sing. Fans should be happy to see her and the show. Isn't that better than outright canceling? 

Phil Collins has recovered from his initial injury which has left him unable to stand for two hour shows. I think he would have cancelled shows maybe even a tour if it happened while he was on the road. I know he had a spinal cord injury vs M’s knee injury but for a dancer like Madonna to have a knee injury, tendinitis especially at age 61 while on tour warrants a serious recovery period. No one wants her to just treat the pain and have the injury continue to get worse and worse

25 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

Phil Collins has recovered from his initial injury which has left him unable to stand for two hour shows. I think he would have cancelled shows maybe even a tour if it happened while he was on the road. I know he had a spinal cord injury vs M’s knee injury but for a dancer like Madonna to have a knee injury, tendinitis especially at age 61 while on tour warrants a serious recovery period. No one wants her to just treat the pain and have the injury continue to get worse and worse

Of course not. If she needs surgery and a serious recovery period, she'll know that NOW. Cancel (or postpone) the rest of the tour NOW. Don't wait until people fly in for Philly or Miami. 

On 11/28/2019 at 10:30 PM, digitalfreaknyc said:

If you want to have a true cabaret show, now's your chance.

Couldn’t agree more. 

We keep hearing about an “intimate theater show”, but instead we got a downsized low budget version of Eurovision, NYC Pride and BMAs, when she could’ve made it much more theatrical with more emphasis on singing raw vocals, and a more theater-like stage production, like an act rather than a dance show, it would’ve been a lot better and much less straining on her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

We keep hearing about an “intimate theater show”, but instead we got a downsized low budget version of Eurovision, NYC Pride and BMAs, when she could’ve made it much more theatrical with more emphasis on singing raw vocals, and a more theater-like stage production, like an act rather than a dance show, it would’ve been a lot better and much less straining on her.

I agree. It is surprising that it’s a theatre tour but isn’t really that theatrical to be honest. She should’ve relied on more elaborate and theatrical stage production, dancing is great to see but it’s clearly getting more difficult for her and in a theatre it’s not really as important. Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show remain her most theatrical tours to date in my opinion.

20 hours ago, Jackie said:

I think it's just an unfortunate cascade of events for this tour.

She injured her knee during rehearsals. Without commitments of an impending tour she probably would have had surgery to fix it (if needed) or would have been able to have the time needed to allow it to heal. But she was already at the point of no return, either cancel half the tour before it started to give the time needed, or push on and see how it goes.

She chose to push on, which is credit to her stamina and determination. Unfortunately, it hasn't healed or got any better.

A separate issue is the logistics, this seems to be something new for LN and Madonna and I guess they underestimated the time needed to set up at each new venue. 

Combine both and it's a perfect storm. 

I really hope she gets the rest she needs. This isn't an age related injury, it's a sports related injury, but it needs time to heal properly. 

Thank you.  Such a voice of reason here.  Some are looking to be the victim over this or blame Madonna when it's not all in her control. 

A lot of the rescheduled dates are pretty much the fault of the tour management who arrange the dates long in advance before the tour starts production.  When they planned the dates, they obviously didn't anticipate the time to set things up and make sure everything is running smoothly.  All they care about is securing a ticket sale long before they even know the timing and logistics of the actual set up and demands of the actual show.  This is why I am not too fond of the trend of selling concert tickets 6 months in advance and before productions/rehearsals have even begun.  But it's all big corporations trying to make that mighty dollar.  Even the travel industry have become about securing the money, rather accommodating the consumer.  You can't tell me that someone shouldn't be able to refund flight tickets or even lodging, especially when they have a couple months in advance.  You can't tell me the airline or Hotels won't be able to fill your seat/room even if you cancel days before you fly or arrive?   There's always flights with standby, and there is always people looking for a room. And we the consumer let big business rule, because we think, "oh it won't happen to me?"   Guess what people, it's happening more and more to us.  We feel we must quickly throw our money out there to secure something when we live in a day that products and services aren't ever guaranteed or back up with an warranty unless we pay extra. 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I agree. It is surprising that it’s a theatre tour but isn’t really that theatrical to be honest. She should’ve relied on more elaborate and theatrical stage production, dancing is great to see but it’s clearly getting more difficult for her and in a theatre it’s not really as important. Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show remain her most theatrical tours to date in my opinion.

Yeah. Especially since this knee things seems like it started way back since rehearsals or even Eurovision, because the way she descended the stairs made it seem like she was super careful and slow, which is totally fine, but she could’ve taken advantage of this theater to make it a show for her hardcore fans, with more emphasis on theatrical performances rather than dancing, and more focus in forgotten gems and new material than hits and covers.

It’s a huge missed opportunity.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yeah. Especially since this knee things seems like it started way back since rehearsals or even Eurovision, because the way she descended the stairs made it seem like she was super careful and slow, which is totally fine, but she could’ve taken advantage of this theater to make it a show for her hardcore fans, with more emphasis on theatrical performances rather than dancing, and more focus in forgotten gems and new material than hits and covers.

It’s a huge missed opportunity.

I do kind of agree. I was hoping this would be a lot more theatrical, however there are several performances that do look fantastic and I can’t wait to hear and see live, specifically Frozen. 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:34 AM, Winn said:

She really doesn't climb the stairs much in the show. The only time I remember her going all the way to the top is God Control. It's that Human Nature handstand doin' her dirty.

The handstand has nothing to do with anything.  She goes all the way to the top of the stairs in God Control, Vogue, I Don't Search I Find, Batuka, Medellin, Extreme Occident, and Like a Prayer, which is 1/3 of the show.  I don't know what show you watched...