Madame X Tour Songs Expectations

Guest Seduction Surrender

Ok I just asked to the guy from the other M forum who's got the infos if there's gonna be any kind of surprise for all long term fans, arrangements, musical reworkings, secret tracks or at least a kind of real live sound ... Well, the answer was this ... and very depressing tbh :cry:

"The more I think about it, the more I feel like it’s really important that you see it for yourself. Maybe it’s just me (knowing everything she’s done) ...idk but maybe you guys will all love it. I’m just gonna hold my breath till tomorrow night and pray that everyone sees it as a remarkable show."

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

(If true) I love La Isla Bonita and never tire of it on tour. Also, I think it fits in with the Latin songs from Madame X verses Rescue Me. 

if it's true...in two days you can always take the version and choreo from 2015 and re-use it. No time for new version and new choreo.

So if rescue me was an interlude I really hope that la isla bonita will be an interlude this time <3

In dispair for the rumoured setlist, I tried to think how I would have dreamt it to be: 24 tracks, with three more songs quoted (one minute or two each, not more), from wich 13 are from the back catalogue and 8 are major hits, one is a cover and 11 are taken from the Madame X album. It's a dream, so standard two hours long format and ABSOLUTELY NO JOKES!

MADAME X SPY CHARACTER SET

1. Intro/Vogue
  2. I don't search I find/Rescue me
  3. Human Nature
  4. American life
  5. God Control (with elements of Hung Up)
  6. I Rise (long outro with dancers on the scene)

SOCIAL ISSUES SET

1. Live to tell
  2. Dark Ballet
  3. Frozen (dedicated to the many who pretend not seeing what happens in the world around them)
  4. Killers who are partying/Spanish Eyes
  5. Love profusion 
  6. Future 

LISBON INSPIRED SET

1. Batuka Prayer (live Batukadeiras interlude)/Batuka (With Batukadeiras)
  2. Rain (with Batukadeiras)
  3. Extreme Occident/Easy Ride
  4. Sodade
  5. Like a Virgin (morna version)
  6. Crazy 

FINAL SET

1. Don't tell me (reworked in a sophisticated way)
  2. Borderline
  3. Crave
  4. Ray of Light (mid tempo crescendo arrangement)
  5. Come alive (with the Batukadeiras)/
  6. Like a Prayer

1 hour ago, stefo said:

In dispair for the rumoured setlist, I tried to think how I would have dreamt it to be: 24 tracks, with three more songs quoted (one minute or two each, not more), from wich 13 are from the back catalogue and 8 are major hits, one is a cover and 11 are taken from the Madame X album. It's a dream, so standard two hours long format and ABSOLUTELY NO JOKES!

MADAME X SPY CHARACTER SET

1. Intro/Vogue
  2. I don't search I find/Rescue me
  3. Human Nature
  4. American life
  5. God Control (with elements of Hung Up)
  6. I Rise (long outro with dancers on the scene)

SOCIAL ISSUES SET

1. Live to tell
  2. Dark Ballet
  3. Frozen (dedicated to the many who pretend not seeing what happens in the world around them)
  4. Killers who are partying/Spanish Eyes
  5. Love profusion 
  6. Future 

LISBON INSPIRED SET

1. Batuka Prayer (live Batukadeiras interlude)/Batuka (With Batukadeiras)
  2. Rain (with Batukadeiras)
  3. Extreme Occident/Easy Ride
  4. Sodade
  5. Like a Virgin (morna version)
  6. Crazy 

FINAL SET

1. Don't tell me (reworked in a sophisticated way)
  2. Borderline
  3. Crave
  4. Ray of Light (mid tempo crescendo arrangement)
  5. Come alive (with the Batukadeiras)/
  6. Like a Prayer

This would be really cool. I love it. 

Thanx a lot, but I've got some real news now :cute:

From another M forum: seems that a friend of a user is outside of the theatre in a point where he's able to hear some far sounds from the rehearsals. Here's what is happening: she rehearsed the album version of Crazy, the announced sequence Future and Like a Prayer, wich was described as glorious with the Batukadeiras voices, then the remixed version of Crave (and I'm more and more disappointed as Crave is my favourite track on the album and I HATE remixes wich make every song sound the same) and Like it or not. I will continue to update here if there will be more news, as it seems they're turning down the volume at the moment. Following I include the link to the two samples shared till now.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s05u33LboF0w

25 minutes ago, stefo said:

From another M forum: seems that a friend of a user is outside of the theatre in a point where he's able to hear some far sounds from the rehearsals. Here's what is happening: she rehearsed the album version of Crazy, the announced sequence Future and Like a Prayer, wich was discribed as glorious with the Batukadeiras voices, then the remixed version of Crave (and I'm more and more disappointed as Crave is my favourite track on the album and I HATE remixes wich at last make every song sound the same) and Like it or not. I will continue to update here if there will be more news, as it seems they're turning down the volume at the moment. Following I include the link to the two samples shared till now.

Yay thanks!!!

44 minutes ago, stefo said:

From another M forum: seems that a friend of a user is outside of the theatre in a point where he's able to hear some far sounds from the rehearsals. Here's what is happening: she rehearsed the album version of Crazy, the announced sequence Future and Like a Prayer, wich was described as glorious with the Batukadeiras voices, then the remixed version of Crave (and I'm more and more disappointed as Crave is my favourite track on the album and I HATE remixes wich make every song sound the same) and Like it or not. I will continue to update here if there will be more news, as it seems they're turning down the volume at the moment. Following I include the link to the two samples shared till now.

do you have other links???

17 minutes ago, lap said:

Like it or Not

Human Nature

You Must Love Me

Easy Ride

American Life

Seriously???????

NO MORE Rescue Me???

So, only 3 hits in the whole setlist?

Is it a joke?

Sorry to say that, especially for the Madame X lovers and I hope you enjoy the show, but I have zero interest for this tour. 

Ok ?

Sorry

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Both links are broken

From a 2017 interview:

How do you put a show like this together? Where do you get the ideas?

Everything's based around my song choice. So first, I go through my catalogue of songs with my band and I start working on things that excite me and inspire me in the moment. Some songs I'm sick of doing and I don't want to do them. Other songs I say, "No, I did that on the last tour, I don't want to do it again."

So I try to rotate things and I also try to reflect my current mood and what I've been feeling, and what's been inspiring me artistically or filmically, politically, philosophically. I try to put songs together in groups that have thematic connection, and then I try to tell a story. And then I do the visuals. It's quite a process.

What are the songs you don't want to do again?

Well, I tend to not want to do the songs I did on the tour before. That's what I mean. So if I did Material Girl on the tour before, or Express Yourself on the tour before, then I'll say, "OK, I did that for 88 shows. I can't do it again."

How do you keep a healthy balance between new songs and your back catalogue?

It's just playing in rehearsal. It's really hard for me, especially with my older songs, to do them with the original arrangement. Because 33 years later, after doing it for so long, you just have to reinvent things. Well, I do.

And it's fun for me to take an '80s pop song and turn it into a salsa song, or turn it into a samba, or make an uptempo song into a ballad.

According to the guys who were outside of the theatre last night, these are the songs she rehearsed: started with God Control and Dark Ballet, she then performed in casual order Frozen, Human nature, Future, Like a Prayer, Medellin, Crazy, Come Alive, Sodade (apparently a kind of samba arrangement) and Crave (remix ... such a pity imo). Here is the link of the Like a Prayer rehearsal and, for what they heard, sounded like the Eurovision arrangement. Don't know, keeping my finger crossed for surprises, but not that excited at the moment. Sad about that, it's the first time this is happening to me.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0dyUU6gnyK1

12 hours ago, stefo said:

What about express yourself?

Not mentioned at the moment @Bat-Fan, not from last night rehearsals, not in any rumoured setlist from the last week ... I would have liked it too, as my best feelings are for the new backing singers she's working with, gorgeous and strong voices, and EY need a perfect vocal balance to gain its full potential

13 minutes ago, stefo said:

Not mentioned at the moment @Bat-Fan, not from last night rehearsals, not in any rumoured setlist from the last week ... I would have liked it too, as my best feelings are for the new backing singers she's working with, gorgeous and strong voices, and EY need a perfect vocal balance to gain its full potential

I guess the setlist will be short ☺☺