Rumours about a new greatest hits album after Madame x

Jorick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, I'd love it if she crafted a collection of what she thinks it's her best work.

We for sure wouldn't be seeing I'll Remember or This Used to Be My Playground but it'd be interesting to know what remixes she'd include, what era she looks back the most fondly to, etc.

But if there was to be a full collection, I'd love something like Britney Spears' The Singles Collection. They got every single, some remixes and B sides (including the rare ones) and remastered them. Also included every video in a DVD that came with a special edition. This would be a BIG task and it'd be an expensive product, but some people would pay a lot of money to get a full official Madonna anthology.

There would be no use in making a Celebration 2.0 because most of it would be the same compilation, the interesting thing would be to release something that also celebrates all the stuff in between and the stuff that Celebration skipped.

16 hours ago, Jorick said:

Has anybody heard something about these new rumours. What do you wish for? What'd it gone be? Love to hear your ideas!! Our maybe there is someone on this forum who has more info?

Super excited for the Madame x album, curious about a new (if it's true) greatest hits album.

If that were to be true, I'll be the first to explode and complain, because that won't be any deluxe edition with unreleased songs but a cheap pack to milk us our money again. Sure. :coffee:

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

Greatest Hits can be a great way of doing do that - given that it's done right of course. At the moment there really isn't a comprehensive Madonna greatest hits package - Celebration was a poorly executed attempt at that but it fell shortly, both in terms of songs included/excluded and its quality. 

Hmmm really? We all know what songs they would include in a Madonna greatest hits. But for an essential/compilation album for example, which includes both "hits" or popular songs and some other unknown songs? No way, I think. :)

Anyway, they must think it's better to milk fans the money and release the umpteenth collection of songs again and again and again. ???

We'll see!

I like the idea of her doing another greatest hits album with songs from MDNA, Rebel Heart & Madame X with the intention of promoting a greatest hits or a farewell tour and if so I have an idea for a track list

Disc 1 (1982-1989)

1. everybody
  2. burning up
  3. holiday
  4. lucky star
  5. borderline
  6. like a virgin
  7. material girl
  8. crazy for you
  9. angel 
  10. into the groove
  11. dress you up
  12. live to tell
  13. papa don't preach
  14. true blue
  15. open your heart
  16. la isla bonita
  17. who's that girl
  18. causing a commotion 
  19. like a prayer
  20. express yourself
  21. cherish 

Disc 2 (1990-1999)

1. vogue
  2. justify my love
  3. rescue me
  4. this used to be my playground
  5. erotica
  6. deeper and deeper
  7. rain
  8. i'll remember
  9. secret
  10. take a bow
  11. bedtime story
  12. human nature
  13. you'll see
  14. you must love me
  15. don't cry for me argentina
  16. frozen
  17. ray of light
  18. drowned world/substitute for love
  19. the power of good-bye
  20. nothing really matters
  21. beautiful stranger

Disc 3 (2000-2019)

1. american pie
  2. music
  3. don't tell me
  4. what it feels like for a girl
  5. die another day
  6. american life
  7. hollywood
  8. hung up
  9. sorry
  10. 4 minuets
  11. give it 2 me
  12. celebration
  13. give me all your luvin
  14. girl gone wild
  15. living for love
  16. ghosttown
  17. bitch I'm madonna
  18. medellin
  19. crave
  20. new song 1
  21. new song 2

15 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Probably, if she releases something, M will re-record her hits, like Kylie did with "the abbey road sessions". It would be a great idea imo. Praying for Avicii Heart. It would be a great single to promote the GH (if nothing new is added) 

The Immaculate Edition  :jamming:

I would love this. Sting just released "My Songs" and its fab. 

7 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

hmm releasing a GH is so anachronistic :confused:

That's the idea, no?  

I don't think anyone's heard any rumors of a new GH except here, but I guess she's due for one.  Artists actually do still release them, Kylie is releasing one next month.  But its true, if you're not gonna tweak them (at least a bit) like on TIC, and rather do another GHV2 or that Celebration mess, then why bother? 

17 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Probably, if she releases something, M will re-record her hits, like Kylie did with "the abbey road sessions". It would be a great idea imo.

+1. 

It'd be interesting. An orchestral compilation album? Yeah absolutely! ??? Celebrating the anniversary of an iconic album for example. That + an album of UNRELEASED/NEW SONGS too. :Madonna003:

That would be a GREAT idea! A double album with 2 discs yeah! One live, in the studio and in rehearsal/Unplugged oriented, and the second one with unreleased tracks. I would buy that! 

Okay Mambo? :Madonna005:

A big share of the record market is made by collection, nowadays... If you look at the charts, there are a lot of GH sold !

But, singles after Celebration are:

GMAYL

GGW

Masterpiece

TUTR

LFL

Ghosttown

BIM

Medellin

Crave

*MX 3rd single*

*MX 4th single*

new track

new track

Well...

Can someone tell me exactly how many Top Ten 'hits' there'd be on any comp ?
If it's every single it's gonna be 4 LP's if ever on vinyl ??
Kate Bush has re-worked some of her tunes and no-one screamed Cash In that I noticed.
Cyndi Lauper once said if she HAD to do Another Greatest Hits it would be her & a tuba.
Record Companies seem to want them.

There is no interest in doing that, first because let's be honest she hasn't had a "hit" since the last Greatest Hits collection (Celebration) and second because nowadays inthe digital streaming era those compilations make no sense at all, everyone makes his own greatest hits playlist on every platform (Spotify, Itunes etc...). I guess M and her team are not silly and they know it, so i guess it will be some kind of reinvented hits compilation. In that case it could be interesting.

21 hours ago, Jascka said:

I know sweetie ?

Pd. I'm sorry, but I don't get to understand the complacency some of you find with everything that Madame X does. ?

No, you're right. It makes way more sense and is more constructive to moan about the things she hasn't even done yet (like this Greatest Hits)... :)

2 hours ago, professormouse said:

Can someone tell me exactly how many Top Ten 'hits' there'd be on any comp ?
If it's every single it's gonna be 4 LP's if ever on vinyl ??
Kate Bush has re-worked some of her tunes and no-one screamed Cash In that I noticed.
Cyndi Lauper once said if she HAD to do Another Greatest Hits it would be her & a tuba.
Record Companies seem to want them.

Celebration was a 4-LP release and it still came up short. :)

There is no interest in doing that, first because let's be honest she hasn't had a "hit" since the last Greatest Hits collection (Celebration) and second because nowadays inthe digital streaming era those compilations make no sense at all, everyone makes his own greatest hits playlist on every platform (Spotify, Itunes etc...). I guess M and her team are not silly and they know it, so i guess it will be some kind of reinvented hits compilation. In that case it could be interesting.

I don’t think much effort will be put into it. If it’s true that it’s already ready then it must have been a quick job and if not, she’ll be busy anyway. Wouldn’t get my hopes up for reinvented (or even remastered) versions.

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

No, you're right. It makes way more sense and is more constructive to moan about the things she hasn't even done yet (like this Greatest Hits)... :)

Put it in context! I meant in the general sense. I can't stand the kind of fan who praises everything Madonna does. Period. :)

By the way! Is it bad to wish a compilation album? More in Madonna's case when she has a VAST catalog of unreleased songs and concerts out there surely... :Madonna004:

Is it bad to wish an Unplugged (or The Abbey Road Sessions) this time? 

Pd. I won't give up my crown that easily dear... 27y03kx.jpg:smke:

On 5/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, PWCCA said:

If true, It wouldn't be the best idea. She hasn't actually had any 'hits' since 2009 when Celebration was released... and that one wasn't exactly a big seller. If she were to release anything, then maybe an anniversary release of the Immaculate Collection (which celebrates its 30th anniversary next year), expanded with more tracks, demos, remixes, etc in special packaging. I think people would pay more attention to that than yet another poorly-conceived throwaway hits package.

I absolutely love this idea.

30 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I don’t think much effort will be put into it. If it’s true that it’s already ready then it must have been a quick job and if not, she’ll be busy anyway. Wouldn’t get my hopes up for reinvented (or even remastered) versions.

i dont think it will be like a greatest hits package , i just think it will be her biggest hits reinvented fado style ...we already heard human nature and like a virgin it could even be a gift on her tour 

i dont think it will be like a greatest hits package , i just think it will be her biggest hits reinvented fado style ...we already heard human nature and like a virgin it could even be a gift on her tour 

I don’t see how she could have found time for the planning and recording process. This would have taken many months.