Rumours about a new greatest hits album after Madame x

Jorick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I could actually see making sense was a release with carefully re-invented versions of her greatest hits. Maybe done by Stuart Price, maybe based on the Re-Invention Tour set-list with the tracks equine into each other. The whole thing could look like this then:

01. Vogue

02. Deeper And Deeper (*new Stuart Price remix)

03. Frozen

04. American Life

05. Express Yourself

06. Burning Up

07. Material Girl

08. Die Another Day

09. Sorry

10. Don't Tell Me

11. Like A Prayer

12. Living For Love (*new Stuart Price remix)

13. Take A Bow (*new Stuart Price remix)

14. La Isla Bonita (*2006 remix)

15. Ray of Light (*2006 remix)

16. Music

17. Hung Up 

18. Holiday

I would love if she did reimagined versions to bring some songs into 2020. Reworked by Mirwais and Stuart Price. Titled Candy Shop after her favorite song and as a nod to new flavors of older songs.  

THE CANDY SHOP

Mirwais and Stuart Price Reimagined Versions

Candy Shop

Let it Will Be

Holiday

Medellin

Turn up the Radio

Future Lovers

Vogue

I Don't Search, I Find

Bedtime Story

Miles Away

Erotica/ You Thrill Me

Nobody Knows Me

Gang Bang

God Control

Living for Love

Into the Groove

Heartbeat

Iconic

Ray of Light

Some Girls

Get Together

Love Spent

Express Yourself

Hold Tight

Die Another Day

Like it or Not

Material Girl  (Extended Reinvention Mix)

Nothing Really Matters

MUSIC

On 5/31/2019 at 12:02 PM, kesiak said:

Celebration was a 4-LP release and it still came up short. :)

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, if there was going to be a Greatest Hits of Madonna's on vinyl, how many records would it have to be then ?
With just the most popular radio versions.
If it's way more than that maybe 'Readers Digest' might be interested ?? :confused:

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, if there was going to be a Greatest Hits of Madonna's on vinyl, how many records would it have to be then ?
If it's way more than that maybe 'Readers Digest' might be interested ?? :confused:

No idea. They did the digested thing with Kylie's most recent greatest hits (sadly) - the vinyl is a sort of slimmed down "highlights" version of the release (42 songs on 2 CDs, 20 across 2 LPs). 

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

No idea. They did the digested thing with Kylie's most recent greatest hits (sadly) - the vinyl is a sort of slimmed down "highlights" version of the release (42 songs on 2 CDs, 20 across 2 LPs). 

Google says 85.
There's a few that could be shaved off but using Kylie Logic then it's going to be 8 Albums ?
Oh Yeh !

4 hours ago, professormouse said:

Hi,
 :confused:

I'm doing a compilation with every single, using only the versions played on the radio: until the singles from Music (2001), 67 tracks on 4 CD of 80 minutes...

21 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm doing a compilation with every single, using only the versions played on the radio: until the singles from Music (2001), 67 tracks on 4 CD of 80 minutes...

Aye, but there's a whole new 'thread' I'm sure about what was A Hit ?
How many is it if it's only Top 40 ??
DJ 12'' double-packs or the first album as 12'' re-released I could see as buyable, not any Greatest Hits though.

I'd like to see her do what Depeche Mode have started doing, which is box sets with 12" singles from each album. I think they're all remastered and the artwork is high-quality with a poster. At this point, I don't think another greatest hits album is needed. 1. The Immaculate Collection is still considered the definitive hits collection and is still her biggest selling album. 2. The other problem is her last real his was 2008/2009, what would they remove from 'Celebration' to make way for the singles from MDNA and Rebel Heart? If they were to include recent singles, it would probably have to be something of a multi disc singles box set collection.

As a Madonna loon, I'd totally buy it but another compilation feels pointless in 2019, since casual fans just make their own playlists and the record-buying public are still fixated on The Immaculate Collection and Celebration.

I think if they really want to honor her back catalogue and make a quick buck, why just not

1. Release "Evita", "GHV2" and "Celebration" (Standard) on vinyl for the very first time. Does the longtime Madonna really needs another coloured copy of "Like A Virgin" at every Record Store Day?.

2. Upload the maxi singles / remixes on digital platforms. If Kylie Minogue's team can rip the CD singles to Spotify why not the best-selling female artist of all time? At least a digital album with her greatest remixes (You Can Dance 2?) would be a nice gesture to please the hardcore fans that own the physical releases.

So people hate Celebration and the way the release was messed up, yet don't want a replacement that could potentially fix issues and include material that we haven't heard or has gone unreleased on CD/digitally?

Okay.... :thumbsup:

It's actually a great idea to have a decent GH compilation for casual fans to be able to buy. I however would prefer a box set or anthology collection as apposed to another 2-CD GH set.

If there's to be another greatest hits set, I'd hope she does something really different - re-record some classic hits in new, interesting styles (studio versions of what she's done with many classics live) .. or a set of classic songs with new remixes ... some sort of special box set / remastered albums / unreleased demos anthology would be great too.

She keeps selling Immaculate Collection all the time!. she must do something simmilar (Celebration isn't closer, not remastered indeed!). A new remixed edits can help like she did with IC. A collab with a real pop Diva for a new single will help loads.

... AND.., SHE MUST START TO MAKE HER DELUXE REMASTERED ALBUM EDITIONS (and BOX SETS) like every artist was doing it ! Nothing GREAT from the past! Every artist make Great Box Sets. She never celebrated 20, 25, 30, 35 years anniversaries FOR HER CAREER OR ALBUM and remasters are INEDITS (except for the firts 3 albums in 2001, and nothing brilliant with them)...

She had loads of hits, loads of demos, loads of released and unrelesed mixes, loads of photoshoots for Great Box Set ARTWORKS for EVERY ALBUM !...and Nothing...!

I would love to see a greatest hits package like they were going to release before the idea of GHV2. I would love to see all singles released amongst a few cds with all videos released and the “greatest hits” tours on blue ray aka Blond Ambition and The Re-Invention Tour. That’s my dream anyway.

On 6/23/2019 at 12:28 PM, Kieran said:

Isn't the only 'rumour' about a new greatest hits started by this thread? :thinker:

U mean like The Madonna Movie ?

I asked how many records it would be if a Greatest Hits had every single.
IF it was gonna happen we'd be on Volume 4+  by now ?
ps
Where did the 'regretting' American Pie story start ??

it was during an interview for ghv2, in which she said she had to be able to listen to a song at least 3 times in a row for it to pass for inclusion, when asked if she wasn't able to with AP, she replied that someone in her record company made her add it to Music, but that in the end it didn't belong on there so now it was being punished, my memory though lol

6 hours ago, Joseebus said:

I'd be much more interested in full remastered deluxe editions of all the Warner Bros. albums 1983-2008 than yet another compilation that a fan could construct better than her actual team.

Only her first singles (1982-1989) and the album "Like a Prayer" need a remaster. Why do you want a remaster of "Music" or "American Life"? Even "Erotica" or "I'm Breathless" have an incredible sound. And "The first album", "Like a Virgin" and "True Blue" were remastered.

A complete remaster with all the Warner albums will be a waste of time and money. They don't need a remaster.