Rumours about a new greatest hits album after Madame x

Jorick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A girls only duets album, à la Elton John.

-Who's That GIrl w Rihanna

-Oh Father w P!nk

-Express Yourself-Born This Way w Lady Gaga

-Like a Prayer-God is a Woman w Ariana Grande

-Like a Virgin w Rita Ora

-La Isla Bonita w Cardi B

-Burning Up w Britney Spears

- Into the Groove w Lizzo

Get on it Oseary

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, madaboutM said:

-Oh Father w P!nk

Get on it Oseary

I love this idea mine are

1. Holiday(With Cyndi Lauper)
  2. Like a Virgin(With Miley Cyrus)
  3. Into The Groove(With Katy Perry)
  4. La Isla Bonita(With Shakira)
  5. Who's That Girl(With Lady Gaga)
  6. Like a Prayer(With Beyoncé)
  7. Vogue(With Kylie Minogue)
  8. Ray Of Light(With Ariana Grande)
  9. Music(With Britney Spears)
  10. Hung Up(With Cher)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 1:05 PM, louis.exe said:

I love this idea mine are

1. Holiday(With Cyndi Lauper)
  2. Like a Virgin(With Miley Cyrus)
  3. Into The Groove(With Katy Perry)
  4. La Isla Bonita(With Shakira)
  5. Who's That Girl(With Lady Gaga)
  6. Like a Prayer(With Beyoncé)
  7. Vogue(With Kylie Minogue)
  8. Ray Of Light(With Ariana Grande)
  9. Music(With Britney Spears)
  10. Hung Up(With Cher)

This!!

On 6/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, madaboutM said:

-Oh Father w P!nk

Get on it Oseary

Or this is a great idea too

Actually...a career-spawning remix compilation would make sense after "I Rise" became her 48th #1 on Billboard's Dance Club chart.

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (four)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel" / "Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, You Can Dance (LP Cuts)
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)

1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears feat. Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"

2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj
2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
2019, "I Rise"

I still like the roman numerals that match her initials idea personally

A 4 disc retrospective with each disc spanning er whole career chronologically and each with one new song M.L.V.C. 

Great way to balance her output. I'd personally leave Evita and some of the lesser singles off.

775174896_Screenshot2019-08-31at21_33_32.thumb.png.498c4deeeeb8080014f0c75f5abab6af.png

33 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I still like the roman numerals that match her initials idea personally

A 4 disc retrospective with each disc spanning er whole career chronologically and each with one new song M.L.V.C. 

Great way to balance her output. I'd personally leave Evita and some of the lesser singles off.

775174896_Screenshot2019-08-31at21_33_32.thumb.png.498c4deeeeb8080014f0c75f5abab6af.png

This is well thought out, though Turn Up the Radio appears twice. 

Also, was The Look of Love really popular at the time of its release? Genuinely don't know. 

oops The second Turn Up The Radio was Masterpiece in the original doc.

Cheers.

The Look Of Love was a top ten hit in the UK and sold about the same as Lucky Star. It was performed on the Who's That Girl Tour. It's generally brilliant and underrated too. It's also one of Pat Leonards favourite compositions. Had the film not flopped and the Poison Penn back lash started it would have done much better for her.

• 4 weeks later...

If she's to release a greatest hits or a any form of compilation/throwback to her past works, it should be a remaster of her music videos and tours in 4K/HDR. Hardcore fans buy her album day 1 and the general public couldn't care less about her music after 4 Minutes of Hung Up, and before that, everything is included in Celebration album. So if they want people's interest, they really should focus on unreleased material or material unaccessible via today's popular platforms, in other words, music videos, shows, films and recordings that aren't official released, aren't available in HD or 4K, or aren't on iTunes and similar platforms.

There has to be some good incentive beside the throwback. Her music videos are works of art, yet they remain in DVD quality only and uploaded to YouTube. We're in the age of 4K/HDR and soon approaching 8K with some artists doing VR stuff, making deal with sing/dance video games like Just Dance or iOS and Android apps with visuals and strings for fans to play, tweak and create their own mixes of songs or watch special content given by the artist exclusively to that experience.

I'd recommend taking a look at what Beyoncé and Bjork are doing with their releases. They do visual albums, surprise releases, iOS apps, extraordinary box sets available to the public to buy, not given to press and sold on eBay for thousands by scalpers. I'd take a box set of her past tours or even a re-release of The Girlie Show, Re-Invention Tour, Confessions Tour or even MDNA in 4K/HDR over another set of songs we already have.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:46 AM, me1981 said:

They need to do something different, have rare B-sides, 7" remixes or unreleased material from previous albums. 

I think this is the most plausible of all the madness here. 

I think if it was labeled GH, she would never, absolutely never, put another singer featuring one of her classic jams. 
But, if it was a lá Remixed and Revised, maybe we can expect things like that. 
I hope for another Immaculate Collection.

I could care less for a 4K material. I want something fresh that I’m amble to listen wherever I go with my earbuds, even though it would be old songs, but a little bit different and updated with modern production. 

If there truly are "rumors" of some greatest hits package as far back as when this thread was started, it's possible her team may be trying to put out a proper remastered set.  I recall early in the year before Madame X tracks started to be released, there were some fan talk of some other project to immediately follow the release of the album, later this year or in 2020.  Of course, I took it with a grain of salt.  I realize it's merely wishful thinking, especially hoping for a proper Greatest Hits package. 

At this point, if she's going to release a Greatest Hits package, it should be a huge box set, including rare outtakes, all her videos... remastered.  Again, I won't hold my breath.  But it's plausible that since this was brought up earlier in the year, and they are taking all this time to remaster and put together a definitive collection.  Though, it has to include a lot of rare and remastered songs/videos or it will fall short.  Compilations are so easily put together by fans anymore, so it has to be truly rare and remastered.   

3 hours ago, Mark Collins said:

If there truly are "rumors" of some greatest hits package as far back as when this thread was started, it's possible her team may be trying to put out a proper remastered set.  I recall early in the year before Madame X tracks started to be released, there were some fan talk of some other project to immediately follow the release of the album, later this year or in 2020.  Of course, I took it with a grain of salt.  I realize it's merely wishful thinking, especially hoping for a proper Greatest Hits package. 

At this point, if she's going to release a Greatest Hits package, it should be a huge box set, including rare outtakes, all her videos... remastered.  Again, I won't hold my breath.  But it's plausible that since this was brought up earlier in the year, and they are taking all this time to remaster and put together a definitive collection.  Though, it has to include a lot of rare and remastered songs/videos or it will fall short.  Compilations are so easily put together by fans anymore, so it has to be truly rare and remastered.   

exactly, something worth buying that you can only get in that collection!

On 9/29/2019 at 2:27 AM, RebelMe said:

I think this is the most plausible of all the madness here. 

I think if it was labeled GH, she would never, absolutely never, put another singer featuring one of her classic jams. 
But, if it was a lá Remixed and Revised, maybe we can expect things like that. 
I hope for another Immaculate Collection.

I could care less for a 4K material. I want something fresh that I’m amble to listen wherever I go with my earbuds, even though it would be old songs, but a little bit different and updated with modern production. 

Fan remixes are better than what she'd ever commision Tracy Young or Offer Nissim to do.

And her work needs to be updated with the times. Celebration was a complete mess with pops, bad cuts, amateur errors and a DVD that resembled a bootleg with censored videos.