Jump to content

Rumours about a new greatest hits album after Madame x


Jorick
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, kesiak said:

Geez, she can't win, can she? On the one hand, fans always complain how she doesn't respect, honour or even acknowledge her legacy and her back catalog (nothing for 20 years of Ray of Light, nothing for 30 years of True Blue, a playlist for 30 years of Like A Prayer, etc). Greatest Hits can be a great way of doing do that - given that it's done right of course. At the moment there really isn't a comprehensive Madonna greatest hits package - Celebration was a poorly executed attempt at that but it fell shortly, both in terms of songs included/excluded and its quality. 

Madonna released 85 singles according to wikipedia, do you really believe that there is a chance that we would get a great and carer spanning Greatest Hits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless it's something special like a boxset or contains unreleased material, remastered tracks, videos etc.

Album sales are in the toilet and to rephrase everything being said here, she hasn't really had any hit among the general public for a while. There are some that think 4 Minutes or Hung Up was her last single and if we go by charts alone, only "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" have cracked the chart since Celebration was released. There's no way to appease to both the GP and die hard fans that will mourn the exclusion of certain tracks, the wealth of material she could have supplemented to appease people to buy it or it being another hackjob the way Celebration was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Unless it's something special like a boxset or contains unreleased material, remastered tracks, videos etc.

Album sales are in the toilet and to rephrase everything being said here, she hasn't really had any hit among the general public for a while. There are some that think 4 Minutes or Hung Up was her last single and if we go by charts alone, only "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" have cracked the chart since Celebration was released. There's no way to appease to both the GP and die hard fans that will mourn the exclusion of certain tracks, the wealth of material she could have supplemented to appease people to buy it or it being another hackjob the way Celebration was.

Exactly. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last Greatest Hits was a complete FUCK up,  we don't want that again..   Nothing was done properly..  CD's had mastering errors and the Videos were pressed on Single Layer DVD's making the quality a complete disgrace.   I still to this day can't believe the poor quality of that release.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What they can do is get all the original 35mm Film were it was used for Video,  transfer it.  In a lot of cases it was used and release a Blu Ray of all her Music Videos in Glorious HD.   This is not beyond impossible (I guess unless these reels ended up in someones bin!).

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What they can do is get all the original 35mm Film were it was used for Video,  transfer it.  In a lot of cases it was used and release a Blu Ray of all her Music Videos in Glorious HD.   This is not beyond impossible (I guess unless these reels ended up in someones bin!).

 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mr X said:

What they can do is get all the original 35mm Film were it was used for Video,  transfer it.  In a lot of cases it was used and release a Blu Ray of all her Music Videos in Glorious HD.   This is not beyond impossible (I guess unless these reels ended up in someones bin!).

 

 

 

Bad Girl would be glorious in HD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, PWCCA said:

If true, It wouldn't be the best idea. She hasn't actually had any 'hits' since 2009 when Celebration was released... and that one wasn't exactly a big seller. If she were to release anything, then maybe an anniversary release of the Immaculate Collection (which celebrates its 30th anniversary next year), expanded with more tracks, demos, remixes, etc in special packaging. I think people would pay more attention to that than yet another poorly-conceived throwaway hits package.

gimme all your luvin went top 10 so this is a complete lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jorick said:

I would love if she did a new greatest hits album like take that did with Odyssey. A reinventing of hits produced by Stuart Price. At least a two dics set. I just love the Odyssey set.?

Or what Cyndi Lauper did with The Body Acoustic, would love to see something like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, NickiFinn said:

gimme all your luvin went top 10 so this is a complete lie.

In America yes. Only scraped number 37 here in the UK. That’s the thing about greatest hits compilations, you have so many different charts to consider. Take a Bow, 7 weeks at number 1 in America, didn’t even crack the top ten in the UK. Hollywood didn’t crack the top 100 in America but was a number 2 hit here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BillyBongo said:

In America yes. Only scraped number 37 here in the UK. That’s the thing about greatest hits compilations, you have so many different charts to consider. Take a Bow, 7 weeks at number 1 in America, didn’t even crack the top ten in the UK. Hollywood didn’t crack the top 100 in America but was a number 2 hit here.

take a bow was a massive radio hit in the uk ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see the point of an other greatest hits.

I don't think they will release a compilation of unreleased tracks either, because it won't appeal to general public but only the fans.

I think it would be better to have a thematic compilation, why not... but not just a simple compilation of what we already know.

 

Maybe it's time for the best Madonna ballads again, hits and hidden gems reworked or sung again to show case her voice if she wants/dares to...

LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE

LIVE TO TELL

THE LOOK OF LOVE

SPANISH EYES

SOONER OR LATER

BAD GIRL

RAIN

THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND

TAKE A BOW

LOVE TRIED TO WELCOME ME

FROZEN

TO HAVE AND NOT TO HOLD

NOTHING FAILS

INTERVENTION

MASTERPIECE

MILES AWAY

GHOSTTOWN

CRAVE

NEW SONG #1

NEW SONG #2

 

 

or on the contrary the best dance tracks but remixed in a way to keep the original flavor, hits and hidden gems too.

HOLIDAY

INTO THE GROOVE

WHERE'S THE PARTY

CAUSING A COMMOTION

VOGUE

FEVER

DEEPER AND DEEPER

BEDTIME STORY

RAY OF LIGHT

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS

MUSIC

IMPRESSIVE INSTANT

HUNG UP

GIVE IT 2 ME

GIRL GONE WILD

TURN UP THE RADIO

LIVING FOR LOVE

MADAME X BANGER???

NEW 01

NEW 02

 

Of course it would be difficult to all agree on the tracklist !! :Madonna001:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only want for a greatest hits compilation, the "remix/edits" and the "7'' versions" only available on vinyl from 1982 to 1990 (Dress You Up, Open Your Heart, etc, etc). After 1990 her catalog is available on CD so you can create any Greatest Hits without any problem.

And I want her classic videos in real 1080p. Maybe is expensive to scan the original 35mm, but Madonna is part of the popular culture and her videos must be saved in the best quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in the mood for a GH tbh, though listening to her rehearsals on insta, I would very much appreciate a studio recording of her Madame x tour renditions. I love the new album so far but Lauren's vocal production keeps from really really loving it. Hearing her bare vocals on crave makes me root for a "Madonna and a guitar livingroom session mixtape"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, THE ROSE MIST said:

I think she should do The Immaculate Collection 30th Anniversary Edition covering her entire career then embark on the The Immaculate World Tour in arenas and stadiums. Opening in Asia in late 2020 then onto Australia, Europe, South America then the USA!

id like this ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...