Rumours about a new greatest hits album after Madame x

Jorick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, Ashley said:

She'd need to pull off a Greatest Hits version of BAT to fill stadiums with a greatest hits tour. Seriously. Minimal politics and weirdness. 

And I think the only person who could create a genuine Madonna greatest hits tour is her brother Christopher. 

I would love it so much if she got Christopher back for some sort of greatest hits stadium tour but sadly i don’t ever see that happening. However, in my opinion the Confessions Tour remains her best tour so she may not need him to pull off a brilliant hits tour. I would love it so much if she announced a huge production stadium tour with only around like 30-40 dates. It would be a real treat.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I would love it so much if she got Christopher back for some sort of greatest hits stadium tour but sadly i don’t ever see that happening. However, in my opinion the Confessions Tour remains her best tour so she may not need him to pull off a brilliant hits tour. I would love it so much if she announced a huge production stadium tour with only around like 30-40 dates. It would be a real treat.

I always wondered if Christopher had his say on the Confessions Tour if it would have been something extraordinary. M and C are a natural creative team. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Ashley said:

The Immaculate Collection apparently is still M's top selling album. 

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/madonnas-official-biggest-selling-albums__26462/

If the next greatest hits album is a big anniversary reissue + box set of The Immaculate Collection with like 3-6 discs spanning her entire career, proper remasters and gorgeous packaging then that would sell and I would be ecstatic. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 6/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, The Ghost said:

What they can do is get all the original 35mm Film were it was used for Video,  transfer it.  In a lot of cases it was used and release a Blu Ray of all her Music Videos in Glorious HD.   This is not beyond impossible (I guess unless these reels ended up in someones bin!).

I would love this more than anything. If they released a huge Immaculate box set spanning her entire career with everything remastered & in gorgeous packaging and then simultaneously released a Blu-Ray of all her videos in HD then she can happily take my money! It’d be great if they put them all on her Youtube along with all her interviews in HD as well. MTV clearly seems to have them based on what they’re posting. 

I really think M should be focusing on her fans at this stage of her career. She has millions of them and they're the ones who will buy nearly anything. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I really think M should be focusing on her fans at this stage of her career. She has millions of them and they're the ones who will buy nearly anything. 

I do think they should be paying more attention and respect to her back catalogue. So many other artists getting reissues, remasters, expanded editions etc. with all of their videos re-uploaded in HD on YouTube. I think it’s about time we got all her videos in HD, Blu-Ray releases of Blond Ambition and Re-Invention, remastered albums. She can take all my money if we finally get all of that. 

25 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I do think they should be paying more attention and respect to her back catalogue. So many other artists getting reissues, remasters, expanded editions etc. with all of their videos re-uploaded in HD on YouTube. I think it’s about time we got all her videos in HD, Blu-Ray releases of Blond Ambition and Re-Invention, remastered albums. She can take all my money if we finally get all of that. 

As I have said before, why aren't all the remixes available on streaming sites already. 

1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

was madame x her last album on the live nation / Interscope deal?

She will not ditch Live Nation.  They are the biggest money maker for her.  She'll never have a deal as her big Live Nation 360 deal, and no record company will treat her new music with the respect it deserves as Warner/Sires did in the earlier days.  Still, she will easily re-sign a new deal through Interscope as long as she wants to continue recording and releasing music.

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Of course she won’t have a deal as big as the deal she signed in 2008. Cause 360 deals are a thing of the past. She likely won’t do anything like that again.

No one will.  But I think people obsess over her contracts too much, when from this point on they will be more of an album by album deal anymore  These days, most artists are put on a shorter leash, but someone like Madonna will always have some sort of deal offered on the table.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 hours ago, Derby said:

Maybe she will go back to Warner.

Irony.

I would love it if she went back to Warner personally, and it also means that we could have more of a chance of seeing the reissues, remasters, HD uploads of her videos etc. 

The musical climate isn't a great one for hits compilations these days. Even when an act performs many of the big hits at a big festival/event, the impact can only last so long.

The Immaculate Collection used to be a regular presence on the U.S. catalog sales chart. WB should sale-price it regularly to maintain a presence on said chart.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
29 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

I want another The Immaculate Collection with updated songs, a little bit tweaked, like the ones originally included, to give it a fresh look. 

I would absolutely love this, and it would be brilliant if she got one of her best producers to tweak the songs. If got Shep Pettibone on board again or Stuart Price or William Orbit it could be fantastic! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I’d love another You Can Dance. Tbh her last remix album was awful. Give me dubs beats give me face give me X give me greatest hits remixed come on girl. Off for another wine...

You Can Dance 2 with her dance songs reworked by Stuart Price would be fantastic!