Rocketman, Bohemian Rhapsody Director would do Madonna Biopic

https://people.com/movies/rocketman-bohemian-rhapsody-director-would-do-madonna-biopic-next/

The man behind the two biggest biopics of the last year has his sights set on another legend.

Director Dexter Fletcher, who stepped in to finish last year’s Bohemian Rhapsody and also helmed the upcoming Rocketman, gave an interview to Gay Star News where he chooses Madonna as his potential next subject.

“I’d do Madonna! That sounds like a real rollercoaster ride! It would be extraordinary,” he told the outlet. “I don’t know how happy she’d be about that… But what an extraordinary life that would be. If I was to tackle any other icon like that, it would be her. She’s extraordinary.”

RELATED: Elton John Didn’t Want to Leave Out Drugs, Sex in Rocketman: ‘I Haven’t Lived a PG-13 Rated Life’

But the iconic singer might not be on board for a movie about her life. After The Hollywood Reporter confirmed an upcoming biopic about her in 2017, reportedly titled Blond Ambition, Madonna posted a cryptic message on Instagram seemingly denouncing the movie.

“Nobody knows what I know and what I have seen. Only I can tell my story. Anyone else who tries is a charlatan and a fool. Looking for instant gratification without doing the work. This is a disease in our society,” she wrote next to a throwback shot of her.

The script, written by Elyse Hollander landed at the top of the 2016 Black List, which tracks Hollywood’s most popular un-produced screenplays.

Bohemia Rhapsody earned Rami Malek a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of Queen’s Freddie Mercury while Rocketman follows the story of Elton John, played by Taron Egerton.

Rocketman hits theaters Friday.

I'm doubtful a big budget Madonna biopic will happen in her lifetime, although there is a good story to tell .. as for the director of Bohemian Rhapsody, I'd hope they find someone better. I though Bohemian Rhapsody was terrible .. such a superficial "bio" pic .. Freddy Mercury deserved much, much better .. and Rocketman sort of looks like the same movie but w/Elton John inserted. I don't plan on bothering w/that one.

4 hours ago, Mister_Pop said:

If she could be part of the project, it could be great of course.

I'm sure it will happen in around 10 years... she needs to be celebrated before she dies !! When Elton, Jagger and Mc Cartney dies, she will be like the truly last survivor of the greatest...

Madonna isn't going to die.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, louis.exe said:

if it was to happen who would play her any ideas?

I honestly can't even think of anyone. I think that whoever does portray her will either make or break the biopic with their performance.

I don't want anyone to play her and exaggerate her character too much or make her seem like a caricature. I want it to feel real and feel like Madonna, but that's probably pretty unlikely. It would definitely be a hard thing to do.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, Cameron L. Mitchell said:

Probably someone who's relatively unknown .. I imagine it'd be really hard for any actress to get right

23 hours ago, somethingscomingover said:

I honestly can't even think of anyone. I think that whoever does portray her will either make or break the biopic with their performance.

I don't want anyone to play her and exaggerate her character too much or make her seem like a caricature. I want it to feel real and feel like Madonna, but that's probably pretty unlikely. It would definitely be a hard thing to do.

yeah I don't know ether I thought Miley Cyrus but who knows Madonna is a very unique looking person

4 hours ago, louis.exe said:

yeah I don't know ether I thought Miley Cyrus but who knows Madonna is a very unique looking person

I think playing someone in a biopic is 50% similarities in looks and 50% is capturing the person's essence.

I don't know if Miley has those when it comes to playing Madonna.

One day, someone will make a Madonna biopic and it will either be good or it will be bad. I'm just hoping it's at least mediocre because I do enjoy biopics and it seems that the public does, too (there was so much buzz about Bohemian Rhapsody).

I think a biopic could be a way to finally get the more recent generations to connect with and appreciate Madonna as they did with Elton John and Freddie Mercury after their biopics. It's an idea with potential.

20 hours ago, Fighter said:

not Miley with her deep speaking voice, it wouldn't work

15 hours ago, somethingscomingover said:

I think playing someone in a biopic is 50% similarities in looks and 50% is capturing the person's essence.

I don't know if Miley has those when it comes to playing Madonna.

One day, someone will make a Madonna biopic and it will either be good or it will be bad. I'm just hoping it's at least mediocre because I do enjoy biopics and it seems that the public does, too (there was so much buzz about Bohemian Rhapsody).

I think a biopic could be a way to finally get the more recent generations to connect with and appreciate Madonna as they did with Elton John and Freddie Mercury after their biopics. It's an idea with potential.

yeah I only thought Miley cause she's got that same fuck you attitude Madonna has