Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I wish she performs at the Grammys next year and give the remainder of the tour a push or perhaps sing a ballad at the Oscars. Her management really sucks at promoting her or making the most of the given opportunities. If I were her, I'd do another Super Bowl even.

You do know that she has to have a nominated song or sing a nominated song to be able to sing it at the OSCARS? 

By the time these awards shows take place, she'll be ready to pack it in for this era.  She's made her money from this tour, so she needn't to push anything at this point.

5 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

You do know that she has to have a nominated song or sing a nominated song to be able to sing it at the OSCARS? 

By the time these awards shows take place, she'll be ready to pack it in for this era.  She's made her money from this tour, so she needn't to push anything at this point.

Does she also need to play football to sing at the Super Bowl or win a Grammy to sing at the Grammys? Also do you have data to back up your statement regarding the fact that she's "made her money", given that most dates are barely half sold? Do you think she's made enough money that she's beyond any promo?

9 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Does she also need to play football to sing at the Super Bowl or win a Grammy to sing at the Grammys? Also do you have data to back up your statement regarding the fact that she's "made her money", given that most dates are barely half sold? Do you think she's made enough money that she's beyond any promo?

I didn't mention anything about the Super Bowl nor Grammys.  Those are totally different ball games (no pun intended).  Though, I do know that the Super Bowl isn't something she can easily request and that's something that is planned nearly 6 months in advance. Again, the Oscars she must have a song nominated or being singing something nominated to perform.  Grammys aren't as easy to score either these days for her because again, they usually focus on popular music acts that are scoring hits.

Honestly, I don't need data to back anything up.  Even if this tour doesn't do well, she did it her way. I'm not sure she is expecting to make a lot of money from this tour.  I'm sure she'll be fine, especially since she pre-sold most of her shows with very high ticket prices in the beginning. 

1 minute ago, Mark Collins said:

I didn't mention anything about the Super Bowl nor Grammys.  Those are totally different ball games (no pun intended).  Though, I do know that the Super Bowl isn't something she can easily request and that's something that is planned nearly 6 months in advance. Again, the Oscars she must have a song nominated or being singing something nominated to perform.  Grammys aren't as easy to score either these days for her because again, they usually focus on popular music acts that are scoring hits.

Honestly, I don't need data to back anything up.  Even if this tour doesn't do well, she did it her way. I'm not sure she is expecting to make a lot of money from this tour.  I'm sure she'll be fine, especially since she pre-sold most of her shows with very high ticket prices in the beginning. 

If you're gonna make statements about her making money or succeeding or whatever then you do have to provide proof for your words, or otherwise you're just making stuff up. Now you're moving goalposts saying that "she did it her way" who told you she did or she didn't? she could've not been given enough budget to tour arenas or stadiums and was only granted budget for this stage. Do we always have to make things up to make her look beyond criticism? Also why should anyone care if she did it her way or anyone else's way? how does that impact the product itself?

As for other promo opportunities, you stuck with the Oscars, forget the Oscars. The other two events could've been booked if she had some good management. You know, the same management that wasted Eurovision and countless other opportunities and let a fan create her single artworks from Rebel Heart era. Yeah, no wonder I have no faith in that management. We'll see how fine she will be, because from what I see, many people are able to score great seats from Ticketmaster, not resold stuff. I wish her nothing but the best but the bad management and scheduling is really showing its effect.

12 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

If you're gonna make statements about her making money or succeeding or whatever then you do have to provide proof for your words, or otherwise you're just making stuff up. Now you're moving goalposts saying that "she did it her way" who told you she did or she didn't? she could've not been given enough budget to tour arenas or stadiums and was only granted budget for this stage. Do we always have to make things up to make her look beyond criticism? Also why should anyone care if she did it her way or anyone else's way? how does that impact the product itself?

As for other promo opportunities, you stuck with the Oscars, forget the Oscars. The other two events could've been booked if she had some good management. You know, the same management that wasted Eurovision and countless other opportunities and let a fan create her single artworks from Rebel Heart era. Yeah, no wonder I have no faith in that management. We'll see how fine she will be, because from what I see, many people are able to score great seats from Ticketmaster, not resold stuff. I wish her nothing but the best but the bad management and scheduling is really showing its effect.

I was just informing you about the Oscars in my first post directed at you.  I was clear about the other two events.  Nothing was made up there, nor am I making up stuff.  You don't know anymore than I do if she's making a profit.  In fact, I said, she probably isn't.  My point is; she wanted to do an intimate show her way, and that's the way it is.  I'm fine with the criticism, but I prefer not to waste my time talking about things I don't like in her career. It's such a small blip in her career among all the years of joy she continues to bring me.  She could bomb out for the rest of her career, and I wouldn't care because I'll still enjoy her output.  Most entertainers are not even lucky to do half of what she's accomplished.  I might not like everything, but I'm not going to keep pointing it out, complaining about the same thing over and over again

Just now, Mark Collins said:

I was just informing you about the Oscars in my first post directed at you.  I was clear about the other two events.  Nothing was made up there, nor am I making up stuff.  You don't know anymore than I do if she's making a profit.  In fact, I said, she probably isn't.  My point is; she wanted to do an intimate show her way, and that's the way it is.  I'm fine with the criticism, but I prefer not to waste my time talking about things I don't like in her career. It's such a small part of her career among so much more she has given me such joy.  She could bomb out for the rest of her career, and I wouldn't care because I'll still enjoy her output.  I don't have to like everything, but I'm not going to keep pointing it out, complaining about the same thing over and over again.  In fact, I pointed out that I was a fan of her late starts, but Madonna is going to do what she wants to do. 

For someone who doesn't like to complain, you sure seem to complain about those who complain, and in turn they complain about you, creating an endless cycle of complaining.

What you did say was that she probably made her money. I didn't claim to know that she's made her money, but Ticketmaster seems to give a much bleaker image than the one you described, then you backtracked saying that she probably won't make a lot of money and that you don't care if she bombs for the remainder of her career..etc. which wasn't the original point. No one was really talking about whether you care if she fails or not.

Her music isn't gonna sound bad to me if she bombs now and I don't care about charts or anything, but it's sad to see the once-perfectionist who brought the best tech and the most recent crazy dance routines and biggest stages and screens to her shows is now settling for this, for whatever reason, it's irrelevant anyway. But it makes me sad that one of the biggest reasons for her underperforming is her own management and decision-making process. She doesn't have to follow my example, but I just wanted to give my two cents on the matter. 

3 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

For someone who doesn't like to complain, you sure seem to complain about those who complain, and in turn they complain about you, creating an endless cycle of complaining.

What you did say was that she probably made her money. I didn't claim to know that she's made her money, but Ticketmaster seems to give a much bleaker image than the one you described, then you backtracked saying that she probably won't make a lot of money and that you don't care if she bombs for the remainder of her career..etc. which wasn't the original point. No one was really talking about whether you care if she fails or not.

Her music isn't gonna sound bad to me if she bombs now and I don't care about charts or anything, but it's sad to see the once-perfectionist who brought the best tech and the most recent crazy dance routines and biggest stages and screens to her shows is now settling for this, for whatever reason, it's irrelevant anyway. But it makes me sad that one of the biggest reasons for her underperforming is her own management and decision-making process. She doesn't have to follow my example, but I just wanted to give my two cents on the matter. 

I love when people pull this out as a justification to complain all the time.  I wasn't complaining about anything. I was making a obvious observation which some others have pointed out to you in the past, but when they challenge you on it, you deflect.  That's fine!  I've made my peace about this.  I'm content that you'll be that voice who will nit pick things to death.  Life would be quite boring if we all agreed anyway.  Cheers.  :)

2 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I love when people pull this out as a justification to complain all the time.  I wasn't complaining about anything. I was making a obvious observation which some others have pointed out to you in the past, but when they challenge you on it, you deflect.  That's fine!  I've made my peace about this.  I'm content that you'll be that voice who will nit pick things to death.  Life would be quite boring if we all agreed anyway.  Cheers.  :)

Not sure what exactly is wrong about that justification. I mean you go on Facebook and people are clearly upset about a delay or any other issue and others are like “why are you complaining? Why so negative?” Like “why so positive? Why not complain?” Lol. I don’t nitpick but I have standards for a woman who set the standards for the industry, that’s all. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is coming to London shows...

Madame X is … coming to London. Are you?

The 2020 Madonna Fan Party event will take place at G-A-Y Late on Saturday 25th January from 3.00pm - the day before Madonna opens her series of shows in London. This will be our 31st event in collaboration with Madonna’s team, and it kicks off three weeks of Madonna Mania as the Queen takes over London.

RSVP here for all the event information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1793343664143175/

Madonna fans from London, the UK and around the world are travelling to London for the opening night of Madonna’s 15-night run. Come and join them all for a non-stop Madonna weekend! With Madonna, her team & dancers in town, you never know who might just pop in….so make sure you’ve got your best Madonna-inspired outfit or Madonna T Shirt on, as we may invite some guests to help us award spot prizes…

Entry as always is free - no ticket is required, however please RSVP as ‘Going’ (not ‘Interested’) on the Facebook Event Page.

Early Entry (aka ‘Queue Jump’) details & Prize Draw details will be published on our Facebook Event Page.

This will be our 2020 event - thanks for all of your continued support over the years. We rely on you making the effort to come to continue these events and to keep them free for everyone.

Madame X is … coming to London. Are you?

Madonna-Fan-Party.png

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

From BBC Entertainment on Twitter:

Madonna has now postponed the first date of her UK residency. The show, which was due to take place on 26 January 2020, has been rescheduled to 16 February.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, Matty said:

It looks like they are trying to give her enough rest time between shows rather than cancelling them 

They really have scheduled way too many dates for this tour. Since this is such an exclusive and special tour I think it should have had far less dates to add to the demand.

50 minutes ago, Matty said:

It looks like they are trying to give her enough rest time between shows rather than cancelling them 

I think so too. There is no way she'll be able to carry on with her knee unless she slims the tour down. I would prepare for anything and even a complete cancellation of this tour if her knee can't heel. I'm worried it could give out at anytime and she'll need surgery. 

I really don’t think I can imagine her pulling off damage control and damage limitation that will Rectify the ill feeling among the affected fans and also switch the somewhat negative perception of the general public.

This tour so far has been a strange one it’s been a critical success and an absolute PR disaster. Personally I am glad I have held off buying tickets because even though there are moments in the show I would love to see you live judging solely of bootlegs I really do think the risk isn’t worth the pay off

It's all about production.

Adding another night in Lisbon gave only 2 days off until London.

So they moved the first date: now there are three days between Lisbon and London.

But moving it to February forced them to move the first two Paris shows in order to have three days between London and Paris.

If the knees is the problem, three days wouldn't be enough!!

1 hour ago, Re-InventionUK said:

Well that's me screwed for the 26th January show and I've lost £200 for the hotel I had booked as it's none refundable and cant go for 16th Feb and havent got the money to book another hotel ???

Can you sell the hotel room booking on eBay? You may get enough to get another booking

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic