Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

17 hours ago, WIFLFAB said:

Found it online ... could be fake news.

80409361_2535973923393248_1311280371899301888_o.jpg

Oh god. This fills me with dread, surely it can’t be a coincidence that this appeared, even if it was a mistake for it to have appeared right now. Really expecting the worst.

They simply added too many shows. 7 or 8 would have been plenty but Live Nation are too damn greedy and trying to get 15 shows in was just stupid. They aren’t sold out and it seems so unlikely she’s going to be able to get through them all with the knee problems. Should be quality over quantity. 

36 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

Oh god. This fills me with dread, surely it can’t be a coincidence that this appeared, even if it was a mistake for it to have appeared right now. Really expecting the worst.

They simply added too many shows. 7 or 8 would have been plenty but Live Nation are too damn greedy and trying to get 15 shows in was just stupid. They aren’t sold out and it seems so unlikely she’s going to be able to get through them all with the knee problems. Should be quality over quantity. 

Can someone confirm ? This is going to be sad for fans. But it's for the best for Madonna so she can get her injuries taken care of and can perform in the future.

And I agree on "quality over quantity". Live nation s*cks. 

Not true. Tickets are still there both in TM US and TM UK site and at madonna.com.

This doesn't mean the European leg is safe...

As for the quantity, having all the staff in one place without working (like, for instance, 3 days off in London) is expensive so they started to add dates to save money. It should have been a tour for fans only.

4 minutes ago, andifeel said:

The Cancelled thing is from a Madonna hate account on Twitter.

Yeah, I wondered if it was fake.

As some stated, we aren't out of the woods yet.   Her first show back is Jan. 12th., seventeen days from today.  A knee injury like that isn't going to go away.  Let's hope she takes measures to reduce whatever (that ladder) might antagonize that knee.  

53 minutes ago, IamZod said:

So I think I will bite the bullet tomorrow and buy a ticket for the 27th. If the cancellation news hasn't come today, I doubt it will.

Honestly, I disagree. They may wait until January 10 to see how it goes, if she recovers, if she feels better and then decide. They won't cancel now if they are not sure. And also, like I said already in the Miami thread, they definitely won't announce it on Xmas day.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Honestly, I disagree. They may wait until January 10 to see how it goes, if she recovers, if she feels better and then decide. They won't cancel now if they are not sure. And also, like I said already in the Miami thread, they definitely won't announce it on Xmas day.

Yeah, I agree. A cancellation with this tour could happen at any time. Even with a couple of weeks to rest, her knee isn't going to get that much better if at all. 

Well perhaps fate is intervening as I tried to buy a ticket tonight but it’s so expensive it got rejected and my card was blocked (even though there’s no balance on it!) So perhaps the hour I have wasted trying to buy a ticket is the universe’s way of telling me to hold off!! Of course my bank is closed now so I can’t get it unblocked to try again. 

It may also be time to move banks! Last time this happened they left me stranded in Santa Ana unable to pay for my hotel room after I’d been travelling for 24 hours! If it hadn’t been for the hotel manager taking pity on me and giving me the benefit of the doubt that first night I’d have been sleeping on the street! 

1 hour ago, IamZod said:

Well perhaps fate is intervening as I tried to buy a ticket tonight but it’s so expensive it got rejected and my card was blocked (even though there’s no balance on it!) So perhaps the hour I have wasted trying to buy a ticket is the universe’s way of telling me to hold off!! Of course my bank is closed now so I can’t get it unblocked to try again. 

It may also be time to move banks! Last time this happened they left me stranded in Santa Ana unable to pay for my hotel room after I’d been travelling for 24 hours! If it hadn’t been for the hotel manager taking pity on me and giving me the benefit of the doubt that first night I’d have been sleeping on the street! 

Oh no,I'm so sorry. ?‍♂️ I hope it all gets worked out and you get to go and there are no cancellations. Hang in there and keep us posted. Xxx

1 hour ago, Kieran said:

I think a genuinely ‘good’ idea would be to push back the Lisbon dates to the end of the tour... Get a decent rest and recuperation throughout January, hit London and Paris full force and then bring MX ‘home’ for the finale ?

Totally makes sense. My thought is she's going to try hard to at least get through the Lisbon dates.  I have a feeling she wants to make the concert film there. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.  It makes sense though to film it there since she was inspired to start the album there.  The problem is; her knee.  I have a feeling it will just flare up again, even if she makes some changes.  If it does, I have a feeling she may just cancel the rest of the tour.  Honestly, she probably should just do it now. Reschedule it all for a later time, after her knee is healed.   That probably won't be until later this year or next year sometime.  By then, she probably prefer to have moved on to some other project. 

17 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

I,m in the gods the night before on the Saturday. I think for sound and overall view it will be the best place to be.....if you really wanna look for the positive lol

I’m just glad I got a ticket that means I can also pay for a hotel. As nice as it would be to sit in row G in the stalls, the prospect of sleeping on a bench after the show wasn’t too appealing!

1 hour ago, IamZod said:

I’m just glad I got a ticket that means I can also pay for a hotel. As nice as it would be to sit in row G in the stalls, the prospect of sleeping on a bench after the show wasn’t too appealing!

I'm staying at a hostel in Central London, 10 blocks from the theatre. I'm not too excited about hearing strange people farting at night but that's what I can afford right now. There's no way I'm paying for a hotel :laughing:

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic