Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

2 hours ago, IamZod said:

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. If she can sing, there’s no need to cancel any shows if she restricts herself to minimal movement and doesn’t aggravate her knee. Her audience would rather see a static Madonna than no Madonna I’m sure!

YOU KNOW SHE WILL NEVER DO THAT!
SHE'D RATHER CANCEL THAN CHANGE HER SHOW...

immagine.png.d36698e07938922084f5a11fb94d2d20.png

3 hours ago, IamZod said:

Does anyone know what the fine is in the UK for concerts that don’t end by 11PM? I think it’s pretty hefty. 

I think this is not an arena concert, I went to a midnight show in London, I don't think there's a curfew...

2 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

I,m trying to find this out. There's a 78 page document by Westminster council which points out in theatres that no person shall be standing in the isles or gangways 

This has nothing to do with time, but it's a rule in every theatre, in Italy too, for security reasons.

But of course in specific moments of the show it happens that people are standing in the aisle.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

I think this is not an arena concert, I went to a midnight show in London, I don't think there's a curfew...

This has nothing to do with time, but it's a rule in every theatre, in Italy too, for security reasons.

But of course in specific moments of the show it happens that people are standing in the aisle.

Yes I can't even be bothered to look. I think she,ll do exactly what she wants and it will finish when she wants it to haha. As long as it's on it will be great

7 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

I,m trying to find this out. There's a 78 page document by Westminster council which points out in theatres that no person shall be standing in the isles or gangways 

Which the palladium have ignored for years. I’ve been going to concerts there since I saw Bjork there in 1997 and at that night and many many many nights since people have stood in the aisles. Even for the Lighthouse Family a few weeks ago. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

YOU KNOW SHE WILL NEVER DO THAT!
SHE'D RATHER CANCEL THAN CHANGE HER SHOW...

immagine.png.d36698e07938922084f5a11fb94d2d20.png

That's old Madonna. New Madonna has modified her show several times since then:

MDNA in Santiago and all the shows where she didn't do the Like A Virgin Waltz

Rebel Heart in Manchester and Singapore and aaaaaall the shows where she didn't do the Flamenco section

14 minutes ago, madgefan said:

That's old Madonna. New Madonna has modified her show several times since then:

MDNA in Santiago and all the shows where she didn't do the Like A Virgin Waltz

Rebel Heart in Manchester and Singapore and aaaaaall the shows where she didn't do the Flamenco section

Yeah, but no matter how you look at it, she still does a lot of movement with Madame X.  She isn't going to reduce herself to sitting on a stool all night.  Much of that movement is very intricate to the show.  Like @Enricostated, she rather cancel than not put on the show she prefers. 

8 hours ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, but no matter how you look at it, she still does a lot of movement with Madame X.  She isn't going to reduce herself to sitting on a stool all night.  Much of that movement is very intricate to the show.  Like @Enricostated, she rather cancel than not put on the show she prefers. 

I think that's one of the things that has taken me aback this tour actually. She dropped the flaminco sections a few nights I believe due to (shock horror - running late and the time the costume took) but she gave back with throwing in a few surprises most times with a random oldie but goodie and this time around, it's almost like she has went back to that era where each show was the same and never deviated from it. I don't see it happening now as she's done more than enough shows to have found a place to fit that in if she wanted to.

3 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

I think that's one of the things that has taken me aback this tour actually. She dropped the flaminco sections a few nights I believe due to (shock horror - running late and the time the costume took) but she gave back with throwing in a few surprises most times with a random oldie but goodie and this time around, it's almost like she has went back to that era where each show was the same and never deviated from it. I don't see it happening now as she's done more than enough shows to have found a place to fit that in if she wanted to.

Fans who get all upset over her keeping the show the same, forget Madonna rarely deviated from her original setlist for most tours. Why people are all up in arms about her not making changes astounds me since that seemed to be a rarity in her touring history? Even those tours she did switch it up some, pretty much stayed the same.  It's just the last few tours were the longest she ever went out on the road to do one tour. For most tours, she toured for about 3 or 4 months and then was done.  It's just more recently she's been touring longer. 

I agree that it feels strange that this tour was perfect for improvisations and surprises, while even the banter is a little too repetitive. She has musicians who could easily support setlist changes, but I have the impression she is more insecure than ever and decided to play it safe.

But now our great concern is that the European leg starts well and goes on without problems or cancellations. 

4 hours ago, MarXus said:

Fans who get all upset over her keeping the show the same, forget Madonna rarely deviated from her original setlist for most tours. Why people are all up in arms about her not making changes astounds me since that seemed to be a rarity in her touring history? Even those tours she did switch it up some, pretty much stayed the same.  It's just the last few tours were the longest she ever went out on the road to do one tour. For most tours, she toured for about 3 or 4 months and then was done.  It's just more recently she's been touring longer. 

Well I'm not personally upset about it, even if she did do it, the phone ban makes it redundant for fans not attending. I don't think any of us forget she rarely changed shows pre Confessions but I wouldn't say it's a rarity now, she really started doing it now over 10 years ago with S&S. However, maybe she spoiled us on particularly Rebel Heart with the selection such as Take a Bow, Crazy for you and Drowned World etc. Then Tears of a Clown show. Like Enrico says, this would have been the perfect show to do it.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

I agree that it feels strange that this tour was perfect for improvisations and surprises, while even the banter is a little too repetitive. She has musicians who could easily support setlist changes, but I have the impression she is more insecure than ever and decided to play it safe.

But now our great concern is that the European leg starts well and goes on without problems or cancellations. 

This is why she should have followed Kate Bush's lead with a more theatrical presentation, then she could have had a tightly scripted performance and played it even safer. 

4 minutes ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Have you seen the show?

It looks very theatrical from the clips I've seen so I don't get why fans say that.

The Fado club section yeah, the rest is just her performing the album versions of songs with the video clips projected on the backdrops. 

4 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

Well I'm not personally upset about it, even if she did do it, the phone ban makes it redundant for fans not attending. I don't think any of us forget she rarely changed shows pre Confessions but I wouldn't say it's a rarity now, she really started doing it now over 10 years ago with S&S. However, maybe she spoiled us on particularly Rebel Heart with the selection such as Take a Bow, Crazy for you and Drowned World etc. Then Tears of a Clown show. Like Enrico says, this would have been the perfect show to do it.

Still, with Sticky and Sweet Tour, other than having the request sing along, the show didn't change. Yes, when she came back the next summer to do another leg of the tour, she changed a few things up, but she had practically a whole year in between and even still the show was pretty much the same with the exception of changing up a couple songs.  But then you have MDNA which really didn't change throughout its tour other than the inclusion of Love Spent.  Other than that, there were a few rare substitutions at particular venues (which she's kinda done on all her tours from time to time). With Rebel Heart, most everything stayed the same except the request song and the medley was shortened (which wasn't a "plus").  And technically, the request song wasn't part of the show for the first several shows.

And god, what would you have done if you lived prior to the 00's, and didn't have a phone to record your show?  LOL!  It's always been a standard for concert and theater shows to stipulate no photography or filming.  It's just over the years, most venues got lax on it, and let it slide, especially when everyone and their mother had a cell phone and they had cameras on them. Before that, you actually had to bring in video equipment or cameras to film or photograph and that was usually not allowed.  Never stopped people from sneaking things in, but it still wasn't allowed.  Again, I don't get the hysteria over it?  Why not just go to the show and enjoy it than whining about enforcements that have really been there all along. 

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

But then you have MDNA which really didn't change throughout its tour other than the inclusion of Love Spent.  Other than that, there were a few rare substitutions at particular venues (which she's kinda done on all her tours from time to time).

Not quite the same. She not only added Love Spent but Holiday at smany shows. She also performed in full Give It 2 Me, Music, Don't Cry for Me Argentina, Spanish Lesson...

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

Still, with Sticky and Sweet Tour, other than having the request sing along, the show didn't change. Yes, when she came back the next summer to do another leg of the tour, she changed a few things up, but she had practically a whole year in between and even still the show was pretty much the same with the exception of changing up a couple songs.  But then you have MDNA which really didn't change throughout its tour other than the inclusion of Love Spent.  Other than that, there were a few rare substitutions at particular venues (which she's kinda done on all her tours from time to time). With Rebel Heart, most everything stayed the same except the request song and the medley was shortened (which wasn't a "plus").  And technically, the request song wasn't part of the show for the first several shows.

And god, what would you have done if you lived prior to the 00's, and didn't have a phone to record your show?  LOL!  It's always been a standard for concert and theater shows to stipulate no photography or filming.  It's just over the years, most venues got lax on it, and let it slide, especially when everyone and their mother had a cell phone and they had cameras on them. Before that, you actually had to bring in video equipment or cameras to film or photograph and that was usually not allowed.  Never stopped people from sneaking things in, but it still wasn't allowed.  Again, I don't get the hysteria over it?  Why not just go to the show and enjoy it than whining about enforcements that have really been there all along. 

Well I was born in 1984 and I actually rarely record anything of the tours on my phone because I enjoy watching it live and I'm not glued to it. I do however appreciate and like to watch what people have recorded, particularly if it has been a show I attended. For example I was glad that people recorded her singing Holiday in Glasgow when she ran curfew because it was a special moment being there and to watch back. Or certain memories about how late she was coming up to begin Living for Love and practically ran along the stage and thinking she was never going to make it.

I apologise if it comes across to you that I'm whining or getting hysterical over it. The emotions never even entered my mind when I was replying.

1 hour ago, Alan Leggate said:

Well I was born in 1984 and I actually rarely record anything of the tours on my phone because I enjoy watching it live and I'm not glued to it. I do however appreciate and like to watch what people have recorded, particularly if it has been a show I attended. For example I was glad that people recorded her singing Holiday in Glasgow when she ran curfew because it was a special moment being there and to watch back. Or certain memories about how late she was coming up to begin Living for Love and practically ran along the stage and thinking she was never going to make it.

I apologise if it comes across to you that I'm whining or getting hysterical over it. The emotions never even entered my mind when I was replying.

Not you necessarily.  It's just in general when I read responses like you posted about not letting phones/cameras in.  It just gets old! And I understand how many of us wants a little piece of what we watched. I am just as guilty in filming (from my phone) on previous tours. But the times I was recording, I noticed I didn't enjoy myself as much when I wasn't concentrating on filming.  I'm not opposed to people wanting to take pictures and clips of their experience, but to complain that you can't or one can't film the whole show is ridiculous.  Especially, when Madonna releases some form of her concerts since the beginning.  I know people wants full shows of Blond Ambition and RIT, but it's not like it's not out there. It's easily accessible on the internet.  Most people stream everything anyway, and if you're that hard up for a physical copy, it isn't hard to get a copy of it on DVD or do it yourself.  It might not be official.  It might not be 4K, but there are some pretty good copies of those shows out there.

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic