Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

12 minutes ago, apj said:

Fortunately TM UK do refund the service fees.

3 minutes ago, madgefan said:

They did so when I retracted from buying some London tix last year. The money was on my credit card within a few days.

In the U.S. they also refund all fees as well if the event was cancelled.  The only exceptions are for MLB and U.S. Open. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well I guess Cos it’s a different company 

A crooked company who have since removed all traces of the cancelled show from the online logon for Bol.pt

my other 2 shows are there - but the cancelled show - never happened - no transaction - so they have just pocketed that money - hopefully to upgrade their little web server that couldn’t cope with the volume of visitors when they went on sale last year - trying to dispute the fees still - don’t have much hope

3 minutes ago, Krysuk said:

A crooked company who have since removed all traces of the cancelled show from the online logon for Bol.pt

my other 2 shows are there - but the cancelled show - never happened - no transaction - so they have just pocketed that money - hopefully to upgrade their little web server that couldn’t cope with the volume of visitors when they went on sale last year - trying to dispute the fees still - don’t have much hope

That's unfortunate.  Thank goodness that problem is limited to the Lisbon venue.  I hope you can dispute it.  You should get all your money back since the show was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Angelo said:

She can’t cancel the tour 

there’s a contract and so many legal things behind 

Yeah, Madonna can't cancel the tour. But Gaga with a 10 year old career can cancel half of her world tours.

And Janet can cancel everything from the last 10 years? 

Of course Madonna can. She's just being stubborn.

Oh and plus she can control her future pain which is great. Super powers...

I read this in another forum:

"Wait a minute.
I don't get it at all. How can she be sure that she can't perform on Jan 27, and at the same time, can be sure she'll perform on Jan 29th ????

I mean If you have knee in high pain, you can't say : "ok Monday I can't perform, but on wednesday, I'll be ok for sure" 
???"

33 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

She cancelled more than one.

Yes, she cancelled 2 shows, but you said you were still looking for one for Lisbon.  She apologized for the last one.  I suspect the first cancellation "apology" got lost in the shuffle of her daughter's birthday.  And I don't expect her to apologize for every show cancelled. Before the internet, we wouldn't have gotten anything, but possibly a official statement from the venue. 

3 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, she cancelled 2 shows, but you said you were still looking for one for Lisbon.  She apologized for the last one.  I suspect the first cancellation "apology" got lost in the shuffle of her daughter's birthday.  And I don't expect her to apologize for every show cancelled. Before the internet, we wouldn't have gotten anything, but possibly a official statement from the venue. 

No.

She didnt apologize for the last one. Not a single word.

An for the one you posted...not even a respectful apology.

7 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

No.

She didnt apologize for the last one. Not a single word.

An for the one you posted...not even a respectful apology.

I was mistaken on which one she apologized for. The point is; she did apologize for one of them.  Obviously, you enjoy spinning this is all into a negative.  The apology seemed pretty genuine and respectful to me. Then again, I am not trying to assume her pain and what she is capable of tolerating from night to night or trying to assume she's faking some injury.  It's clear she is in pain, but willing to go on various nights, even against her doctors orders. 

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

Do you think Mick Jagger got this much shit thrown at him when he cancelled his shows for heart surgery?  Not at all.  I get Madonna fans are passionate, but you can't tell me the Rolling Stones fans aren't just as passionate and want to see them on tour.  The difference is; their fans are much more sensible and don't expect their favorites to go on the stage when they are in ill health.  And I'm sure Madonna isn't the first entertainer to cancel varied shows throughout their tour because of health issues. 

Any artist should of course cancel if their health dictates and they should communicate it well and with enough notice.

What adds to M fans’ disappointment when she cancels compared to Rolling Stones is that M shows are unique. We will certainly never get to see the MX show again. Very unlikely that we will see Dark Ballet, the Bukaderas etc again. Whereas - with all genuine respect to Jagger - if your Rolling Stones show is cancelled, the next tour’s show if there is one would be identical. Same greatest hits set list and very similar stadium rock live performance. 

When M cancels your only show of the tour there is a sincere feeling that you’re missing a priceless experience and an important part of Madonna history ?

8 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Any artist should of course cancel if their health dictates and they should communicate it well and with enough notice.

What adds to M fans’ disappointment when she cancels compared to Rolling Stones is that M shows are unique. We will certainly never get to see the MX show again. Very unlikely that we will see Dark Ballet etc again. Whereas - with all genuine respect to Jagger - if your Rolling Stones show is cancelled, the next tour’s show if there is one would be identical. Same greatest hits set list and very similar stadium rock live performance. 

When M cancels your only show of the tour there is a sincere feeling that you’re missing a priceless experience and an important part of Madonna history ?

That's totally reasonable to think, but the uniqueness of her show shouldn't have to be accounted for her cancellation especially if it's over a health issue. If she was just cancelling because of no apparent reason, then I could understand the uproar.  And I'm not saying people shouldn't be disappointed, but some are just spinning it negatively to make it sound worse. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic