Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

Did Vogue work as a opening number? I thought Vogue was one of the worst performance in the concert, since I know it's the same performance she did at Pride Island
I like the fact her backup dancers are dressed like her, but damn... Vogue’ without vogueing?
In that performance she basically walks around.

Edited by Loru (see edit history)

What adds more sadness is that yesterday this forum was full of joy and enthusiasm and now we're back to tension and unpleasant posts.

What I read on another forum is that the VIP people were told that they were actually going to cancel the show yesterday afternoon and then it was changed to removing a section. So the same story has been told differently. We basically know nothing, as always. We know that cancellations are expected, despite the great reviews. 

It's better to cut three songs than all show. It's sad for God Control, cause it very powerful opening, the bass line in the beginning shakes all theatre. But Dark Ballet and Human Nature not that important :)

And other artist does it all the time. Adele cut some songs at my show, Pink did it the same at the shows I attended. 

I disagree Dark Ballet and Human Nature are not that important, but everyone on Twitter was very happy about the show yesterday so it's really better than nothing. One of my two shows in Lisbon was cancelled, but I'm glad I was at least able to see the whole show  once (it was the last show where she perfomed Crave) though. 

43 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

It's better to cut three songs than all show. It's sad for God Control, cause it very powerful opening, the bass line in the beginning shakes all theatre. But Dark Ballet and Human Nature not that important :)

Well I could reply that the Polaroid sale is not that important and takes the same time...

4 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Did She perform sodade??

and they played the madame x manifesto before Vogue???

Sodade was not performed and she will never perform it again probably. Oseary told her to cut it back when she was still on the american leg becasue the fado section was "too slow", she told it herself during a beer bitch moment. Of course she did in Lisbon, but that's it. 

35 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Can we appreciate the moment??? She came late 30 minutes??? Seriously??? You guys are so extra! If she change the set nothing is wrong??? Why keep on doing the same thing when you can change & make different unique shows. She did the show & I think it’s better than nothing! 

She didn’t make a different show. She cut out 7 songs from the original set list in NYC; God Control, Dark Baller, Human Nature, Papa Don’t Preach snippet, Express Yourself accapella, Sodade and Crave. 

People paid for a full show and got a partial show. 

12 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She didn’t make a different show. She cut out 7 songs from the original set list in NYC; God Control, Dark Baller, Human Nature, Papa Don’t Preach snippet, Express Yourself accapella, Sodade and Crave. 

People paid for the live show, not for the exact songs and playlist. She can do changes in every show.

8 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

People paid for the live show, not for the exact songs and playlist. She can do changes in every show.

There's a difference between changing songs and cutting 7 of them. No excuses. If she is that injured she has to cut 7 songs then I really worry why she is even doing the show, that isn't just a light injury to me, it seems pretty severe and I hope she isn't creating long term damage.

If it was due to coming on late only then what are the reasons for this. She is notorious for doing this and it paints her in very bad light. I know many friends who have really gone off her and won't even come with me to see the show and I've even offered to pay. These were former fans!

I'd be happy to see the show no matter what happens, cuts or no cuts but, I understand the people who didn't get a full show complaining and wanting a partial refund.

Being late and not consistent is just not good qualities and it turns people off eventually. The events on this tour is leaving a sour taste in many of her fans mouths.

If anyone is paying such large amounts for a ticket to her show. They deserve a prompt start time and a full set list. If she is seriously injured, then cancel the show and worry more about health. ??

27 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

- She hasen't performed "Papa don't preach" since the states. That was out a long time ago.

- Express yourself acapella? I mean she sings like 3 lines from the song, really?

- Sodade was performed all the Lisbon dates (you can understand why) and a few times in the US.

- Crave is prob out because of the dancing during that number and who can blame her? She's injuried. 

- If SHE wanted to cut out the songs from the setlist from now on till the end of the tour, it's HER desicion. It's HER show. 

I understand that you're sad about not hearing God control or Dark Ballet since they're new songs, but want a partial refund...? Really?  :Madonna032:

You should be thankful she did the show... instead she can easily cancel the whole thing... seriously guys! Just enjoy the show, we all know this tour is not her best but let’s just enjoy the moment & be happy. This live & intimate experience won’t happen again so enjoy it.

I don't get people calling for a partial refund because songs were cut you still seen a live show. On the other scale does that mean if she adds extra songs then we should be charged extra for them? it works both ways.

IMO i think she should just cut her losses and cancel the remainder of the tour the struggling through is only making the situation worse.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic