Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

The financiële times reviewed the second show and gave it 2 stars :( 

Madonna steps outside her comfort zone at the London Palladium

The star’s theatre residency is a brave move — but also confusing and bizarre https://amp.ft.com/content/59b367b0-4351-11ea-abea-0c7a29cd66fe?__twitter_impression=true

18 minutes ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

- She hasen't performed "Papa don't preach" since the states. That was out a long time ago.

- Express yourself acapella? I mean she sings like 3 lines from the song, really?

- Sodade was performed all the Lisbon dates (you can understand why) and a few times in the US.

- Crave is prob out because of the dancing during that number and who can blame her? She's injuried. 

- If SHE wanted to cut out the songs from the setlist from now on till the end of the tour, it's HER desicion. It's HER show. 

I understand that you're sad about not hearing God control or Dark Ballet since they're new songs, but want a partial refund...? Really?  :Madonna032:

It’s also my decision to complain about it. Starting late and wanting to meet curfew shouldn’t come at the expense of the show’s “integrity” which she was raving about just few days ago. It’s like the integrity only matters when it’s convenient for her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I personally think she needs to get some rest but at the same time I respect how determined she is to get this tour done and I think asking for a partial refund is a little much. If she cuts a few songs at my show like she did last night, I really won’t be all that bothered despite my love for God Control, Dark Ballet and Human Nature. I’ll just be relieved to see her for the first time :Madonna041:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Justice for that 15 second snippet of Express Yourself. ?‍✈️

Honestly though a full-scale secret agent performance of the song would have been everything. 

So if you booked a 7 night holiday and paid. Then the hotel turned round and said sorry we can only have you stay here for 5 nights and we won't refund you for the other 2 nights you'd be happy with that?

Just admit the show has been inconsistent. Some fans didn't get a show, some fans got a full amazing show and some fans got 75% of a show. 

Those fans have a right to be upset and annoyed. Telling them to just get over it is easy because you aren't in that position.

We are all entitled to a difference of opinion and I can see both sides of this.

I still want to see the show but not at the expense of her health!

I'd rather her cancel and very importantly REST. Then come back in a few years with an awesome new album and a spectacular show, with full health ???

6 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Honestly though a full-scale secret agent performance of the song would have been everything. 

I’m personally sad that Sodade was cut in Los Angeles as she sounds great on it.  

The only change to the set list should be Bedtime Story instead of Crave and Xstatic Process in the Fado section. 

Perfection 

27 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It’s also my decision to complain about it. Starting late and wanting to meet curfew shouldn’t come at the expense of the show’s “integrity” which she was raving about just few days ago. It’s like the integrity only matters when it’s convenient for her.

She has no integrity, she gave that up last night. I’m so disappointed because I was hoping to get down to see the show next week. 

Geez... Artists cut stuff all the time - I saw Aguilera last year and there was a whole section cut that night too. I'm not saying it's great but shit happens. And in the case of Madame X, even after the cuts you still had her on stage pretty much the same time as for the full Girlie Show or Blond Ambition. :)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, kesiak said:

Geez... Artists cut stuff all the time - I saw Aguilera last year and there was a whole section cut that night too. 

I remember seeing Rihanna’s ANTI World Tour and she came on so late she had to cut several songs. Not the best of concerts :Madonna050:

57 minutes ago, Martin Verbeek said:

The financiële times reviewed the second show and gave it 2 stars :( 

Madonna steps outside her comfort zone at the London Palladium

The star’s theatre residency is a brave move — but also confusing and bizarre https://amp.ft.com/content/59b367b0-4351-11ea-abea-0c7a29cd66fe?__twitter_impression=true

Why a magazine about finance is doing shows reviews ?

45 minutes ago, Louis said:

I’ll take a truncated show rather than a cancellation. 

Really there's no way people can be satisfied. They were okay to see Madonna change the show and sing with a guitar just so that she wouldn't cancel, but they're complaining about getting the regular set minus the first act. It's a never ending rollercoaster of moods. :sad:

Aye-aye-aye-aye...

This tour has been one anxiety after another.

I hope I get to see a full show next week, but my expectations are very low at this point. As a long-term fan, I feel very sad to say that. I must concede Madonna has become a sometimes excellent, but often unreliable performer. I'm sure it might be an incredible show, a career-best perhaps - if your date isn't cancelled, starting late, or heavily edited...

I don't want her to cancel, I have absolute sympathy for her injury and I understand why she wants to preserve the integrity of the show, but... the tickets were so expensive, and I mean SO expensive! Regardless of all the problems, it really should be the best show of her career at those prices.

Does anyone remember a time, long ago, when a Madonna concert was just a joyful experience?

I imagine the board of Directors at Live Nation watching back footage of the tour, similar to that scene in Evita:

Let's here it for the Rainbow  Madame X Tour
It's been an incredible success
We weren't quite sure, we had a few doubts
Would Evita Madonna win through?

And the answer is:

Yes

And no

And yes

And no

And yes

And no...

We all know what happened to Eva Peron after that!

I was at the show yesterday...

I think I start to be fed up with her. I'm supposed to see her 2 times again in Paris but I think one more show will be enough...

So now the show miss God control, Dark ballet, Human nature, Sodade and Crave... Why do we have a reduced show ?

And the argue that people don't come to sit when they do the announce just makes me laugh. 100% bullshit.  And even though if they did, you just turn off the light and all people will be there !... Bullshit... She was just late as usual...

But beside of this, I thought I was going to see something better than what I saw and most of all heard. I saw many rehearsals videos and pics with so many musiciens. But the biggest part of the show is pre recorded. Her voice is live over a pre recorded voice on almost all the show... If we have a recording of Jan 30 (yesterday) we can hear on Killers verse before refrain that she misses the rythme and you hear perfectly the pre recorded voice.

Then her voice sound awful. Sorry no other word. Autotune and to much effect that makes the sound so so bad. On a theatre, the music sounds perfect but voice of her sounds just like electronic voice...

She dances well, you can't imagine she had knee problem weeks before. She's beautiful, looks great, some moments are grace : especially the fado section and Come alive. But I need a live feeling with musicians playing, singers singing, her voice directly sometimes. I'm ok with vocodeur effects and a bit of autotune for some tracks but not on 90 percent...

And leave the piano... It's just stupid. She doesn't even play notes on it... And for a dancehall reggae song like Future, a piano is not really a good idea.

For me, she missed the theatre experience. In a way she did a real show as usual, but the as usual disappoints me. She's doing the same thing again and again but each time it's a little bit less great than previous time. No surprise. I was not moved. I didn't feel like I wanna jump in rythme or dance like a bitch with a drive me crazy song (oh the time of DWT or CT seems so so far...). Some singers can make a little theatre the craziest experience ever, you dance, jumps, scream the lyrics and sweat like a pig when show is over. Well it doesn't happen anymore with Madonna shows... Sad. It's getting kitsch now...

I was so happy with this theatre tour with a huge band of musicians and singers but unfortunately the pre recording part is taking over it all...

1 hour ago, scion said:

She has no integrity, she gave that up last night. I’m so disappointed because I was hoping to get down to see the show next week. 

I did enjoy the remainder of the show, but it’s such a shame how she’s becoming too rude and too uncaring for her own audience and fans, and then she blames her lack of great chart performance on ageism. The thing is ageism is real but her attitude and material aren’t helping either 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I did enjoy the remainder of the show, but it’s such a shame how she’s becoming too rude and too uncaring for her own audience and fans, and then she blames her lack of great chart performance on ageism. The thing is ageism is real but her attitude and material aren’t helping either 

But surely if she was so uncaring towards us she would’ve just cancelled ages ago? It’s not like she needs the money that much and she has expressed how much it hurts her to have to cancel due to doctors orders, so I do think she is trying to be considerate of us as well. 
Personally I would prefer an altered show to make her injury less painful than a cancellation but I just hope she’s going to be okay after this tour.

She's "rude" and "uncaring"? I only see the opposite as putting everyone before herself. She has said she will go ahead with this tour until she "drops" and yet with two on going, painful injuries, she keeps going not wanting to disappoint fans when she could easily have cancelled. And now that she is finally trying to make cuts and adjustments to help her keep going, she's still rude and uncaring etc.. ?

It's sad as she only has one set of hips and only one set of knees. The more she goes, the worse they get and possibly to the point (even with surgery) we may never see her on tour again. So please, everyone. Think about that first before you assume and judge her for the worst and without really knowing about all the facts behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, madgefan said:

Maybe you're getting old?

I saw some singers few month ago that driven a theatre venue completely mad and so was I. I still feel many emotions and I'm still able to jump in rythme at a concert. It's just that Madonna is not making people crazy these last time... And I'm sad about it. But there's a lack of effort in a certain way... Same show.

And Like a prayer was so slow... Not catchy at all... Cheesy...

• Fighter unfeatured this topic