Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

23 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I saw some singers few month ago that driven a theatre venue completely mad and so was I. I still feel many emotions and I'm still able to jump in rythme at a concert. It's just that Madonna is not making people crazy these last time... And I'm sad about it. But there's a lack of effort in a certain way... Same show.

And Like a prayer was so slow... Not catchy at all... Cheesy...

That's so sad to hear and I appreciate how you feel in terms of how your show went.

But if it was so bad, why do you say you will see the show one more time? :thinker:

The George Washington GOD CONTROL section is what she advertises most on social media. It's what convinced me to buy a ticket for Chicago. If I showed up and she had cancelled that I'd be extremely disappointed. Perhaps if there was a little less "take it or leave it"attitude towards her fans things might go over better, esp at these prices.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

But surely if she was so uncaring towards us she would’ve just cancelled ages ago? It’s not like she needs the money that much and she has expressed how much it hurts her to have to cancel due to doctors orders, so I do think she is trying to be considerate of us as well. 
Personally I would prefer an altered show to make her injury less painful than a cancellation but I just hope she’s going to be okay after this tour.

The thing is knowing UK curfew laws, I doubt cutting the show has much to do with her injuries, but rather made fans pay for her delays. 

19 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The thing is knowing UK curfew laws, I doubt cutting the show has much to do with her injuries, but rather made fans pay 

Look it up Lil boy :

" Years ago, she probably admired me and looked up to me, and now I’m like a parent to her or something, and she wants to destroy me. So, that’s what I think about Courtney [laughs] " 

sounds familiar? 

Edited by EM (see edit history)

Sad for those attending those shows but this is exactly what they should have done months ago when the injuries became a problem! I’m so glad.

Now people can be a little more at ease for the other shows and those who were attending the cancelled dates can try and get tickets for another date. 

When I saw that choice of photo and the amount of text I genuinely thought it was a ‘the rest of the tour is cancelled’ post though and my heart sank!! Relieved.

I appreciate the fact that now she is announcing the cancelled dates in advance... I hope that she will do this from now on until the end of the tour

Gosh I don't know what to think about all this anymore. It's like she's ignoring doctors advice and just going ahead anyway. That is just stupid and not going to be very good in the long run.

As a fan I wouldn't be bothered is she just cancelled the whole tour. Her health is far more important.

I don't understand how some shows can be performed and others are cancelled. If she is doing a show and then having to cancel the next because of pain there is something seriously wrong. 

She's determined to finish the tour, but at a cost to her health? It really isn't worth it in my opinion. I have a feeling she's being stubborn even with doctors or whatever. This is just not normal!

I hope she hasn't caused long term damage with all this ?

1 minute ago, IamZod said:

Sorry for those with tickets to those dates. At least it’s a bit of notice and it reads as a genuine apology. 

We've known this woman for years / decades.

I can only imagine what it's like for her to cancel anything career-related.

I mean...it's in her blood. Her 90 something year old dad still works lol. 

5 hours ago, kesiak said:

Geez... Artists cut stuff all the time - I saw Aguilera last year and there was a whole section cut that night too. I'm not saying it's great but shit happens. And in the case of Madame X, even after the cuts you still had her on stage pretty much the same time as for the full Girlie Show or Blond Ambition. :)

Sure - but it’s not about time. It’s about getting to witness live the full experience of the show and theatre as originally intended. The design of an M concert opening is incredibly impactful. Removing that....? Not sure that it’s comparable.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic