Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

Genuine response: when I read the cancellation post, I read it quickly as ‘Feb 4-11 shows are cancelled’. That would include my 8th Feb show. In that moment I felt sadness... but genuine relief. The fact that it was a relief is very sad. Then I read it again to see it was 4th AND 11th cancelled, so my show is still on... back to genuine worry about:

A) will my show still get cancelled?

B) Stress at the show right up until 9pm about whether Vogue is about to start instead of God Control ?

This isn’t fun anymore...

1 minute ago, Kieran said:

Genuine response: when I read the cancellation post, I read it quickly as ‘Feb 6-11 shows are cancelled’. That would include my 8th Feb show. In that moment I felt sadness... but genuine relief. The fact that it was a relief is very sad. Then I read it again to see it was 6th AND 11th cancelled, so my show is still on... back to genuine worry about:

B) Stress at the show right up until 9pm about whether Vogue is about to start instead of God Control ?

I felt the same emotion

5 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Genuine response: when I read the cancellation post, I read it quickly as ‘Feb 6-11 shows are cancelled’. That would include my 8th Feb show. In that moment I felt sadness... but genuine relief. The fact that it was a relief is very sad. Then I read it again to see it was 6th AND 11th cancelled, so my show is still on... back to genuine worry about:

It's the 4th and 11th.  Not the 6th.

To the guy who wrote that he noticed during last nights show that most of the concert is a prerecorded track with some live vocals over the top... it’s true yes, this has been mentioned countless times now. There is a lead vocal prerecorded guide track for every song in the show and she just sings underneath it through auto tune and vocoders. Even frozen has auto tune, it’s just not to the robotic extent.

Its very obvious on every bootleg. Personally I’ll never understand the need for lead vocal backing tracks. The first time she ever really did it was 2015 at the Grammys/Brits, but she does it nearly all the time now.

as for faking the piano, yes we know , but she’s never been know as a pianist, just view it as a prop.

just be glad you got to see her live this time! X

9 minutes ago, Kieran said:

#metoo

Ok I had a problem with the piano during future too. Why? Why use it as a prop? Using the guitar during burning up on rebel heart worked cause she comes down into the audience and does montes pittmans solo or whatever but sitting and pretending to play the piano is weak and that late in the show it is simply boring. My opinion of course lol

As for her pre-recorded track, it's very quiet and she sings very loudly on top of it. In my show she fucked up the words to Crazy all the way through and it was clear every time. During Batuka she made a mistake while dancing and she stopped singing and laughed instead. It is live for the vast majority of it. 

1 minute ago, I don't search I find said:

As for her pre-recorded track, it's very quiet and she sings very loudly on top of it. In my show she fucked up the words to Crazy all the way through and it was clear every time. During Batuka she made a mistake while dancing and she stopped singing and laughed instead. It is live for the vast majority of it. 

I was going to say, have avoided listening to most of the bootlegs but I did a little comparison of like a prayer and there are clear differences in phrasing and intonation on the two i heard.

2 minutes ago, tommymad said:

I was going to say, have avoided listening to most of the bootlegs but I did a little comparison of like a prayer and there are clear differences in phrasing and intonation on the two i heard.

There are differences in every single song. Even God control which is performed with vocoder is live 

23 minutes ago, I don't search I find said:

Not at all. You can hear prerecorded loud lead vocals all over the show. Not necessarily every line, but they’re everywhere. There’s also audible real time pitch correction on every single line of the concert... even Papa Dont Preach sounded a tad robotic, the only songs that sound raw are Sodade and Welcome to my Fado Club. Don’t forget real time pitch correction won’t correct a terrible performance, it will simply move a wobbled note to the correct note in a set key register, and it’s only really noticeable when you’re miles away from where you should be. Her voice is really very decent this time, so the pitch correction is hardly noticeable when she isn’t using a Vocoder.

i disagree with that fan that says she sounds terrible. She doesn’t, she sounds the best she has since 2004... she’s got a lot of help though this time that she wouldn’t have had then.

Medellin the other week when the lead vocal track skipped, and there was absolutely no audible live vocal underneath, regardless of which video or bootleg audio you listened on.
She is singing, but she’s hardly in the mix the crowd hears for parts of this show. This is evocative of LFL at the Brits, where audience footage showed that there were no live vocals audible to the crowd as when she fell there was no audio change, and that the live vocals were only heard by the TV audience not the O2 audience.

24 minutes ago, I don't search I find said:

She doesn't use it as a prop, seriously people? She plays the song, but it's incredibly simple and repetitive notes. I think we will see more piano in the next tour, she just needs to keep practising 

No she doesn’t. It’s a prerecorded track. 
Even the real band are playing only partially over a base recording. 

next you’ll be saying the piano on S&S was real too... she doesn’t mind instruments being faked, remember Lola in Tel Aviv?

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I'm so glad she cancelled early to let fans know. She's doing the right thing by pacing herself. 

While I’d rather she just cancel the tour and get herself better, this is the proudest I’ve been as a fan so far on this tour because that apology  actually feels genuine and she’s let people know in advance whilst acknowledging the problem.

30 minutes ago, scion said:

To the guy who wrote that he noticed during last nights show that most of the concert is a prerecorded track with some live vocals over the top... it’s true yes, this has been mentioned countless times now. There is a lead vocal prerecorded guide track for every song in the show and she just sings underneath it through auto tune and vocoders. Even frozen has auto tune, it’s just not to the robotic extent.

Its very obvious on every bootleg. Personally I’ll never understand the need for lead vocal backing tracks. The first time she ever really did it was 2015 at the Grammys/Brits, but she does it nearly all the time now.

as for faking the piano, yes we know , but she’s never been know as a pianist, just view it as a prop.

just be glad you got to see her live this time! X

I first noticed this back on Reinvention UK shows where across Manchester, Earls Court and Wembley Arena shows there were some shows where the lead prerecorded vocal for Vogue was at lower volume and she ACTUALLY sang over the top of it - then when she did Sticky and Sweet and she murdered Vogue live instead of doing this I was a little upset - they have had the techniques and been using them and developing them for years to some degree depending on how her health is / her strength of voice day / how tired she is day to day In some cases - just go and listen to some of the old confessions tour rehearsal studio versions for examples of the kind of vocals they use for this - but at a concert they have the equivalent of the stems all separated out ready to adjust as necessary - if she is tired and sounds bad one night they dampen the live mic feed and enhance it with the pre-recorded version - others when she is on top form and they do the reverse - this is how live music has worked for a long time - else they might as well as just put on a CD and be done with it like it felt for some of the songs she did the 1st show I ever saw for Blonde Ambition at Wembley :p

Ha, to be honest I’ve never heard any evidence of Vogue having live vocals on RIT, at least not on the Manchester bootleg.

Personally I think it’s wrong using a prerecorded lead, but I won’t go into that, it’s whatever you value in live music I suppose... I much prefer the S&S performance of the song!

46 minutes ago, scion said:

Ha, to be honest I’ve never heard any evidence of Vogue having live vocals on RIT, at least not on the Manchester bootleg.

Personally I think it’s wrong using a prerecorded lead, but I won’t go into that, it’s whatever you value in live music I suppose... I much prefer the S&S performance of the song!

I think it was one of the Wembley shows I noticed it and was shocked having seen it a few times by then

1 hour ago, scion said:

In the Girlie Show from Sydney Cricket Grounds, there is a mic feed for Vogue and she is singing live right over top of the guide vocal. 
it is very revealing. 

I know a lot of time now backing tracks are used, but I wonder why then there are some performances from various tours where she will say "turn my mic up".

The RHT Tokyo soundboard where you can hear the man giving her the lyric cues is most noticeable for how she uses these tracks, especially Body Shop when he tells her to slow down because she is singing too fast compared to the backing track vocal.

23 minutes ago, Krystof said:

I think it was one of the Wembley shows I noticed it and was shocked having seen it a few times by then

There was an article years ago explaining that that mic was unique and I always wondered why they bothered lol...

3 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

In the Girlie Show from Sydney Cricket Grounds, there is a mic feed for Vogue and she is singing live right over top of the guide vocal. 
it is very revealing. 

Indeed x

• Fighter unfeatured this topic