Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

Just now, Alan Leggate said:

I know a lot of time now backing tracks are used, but I wonder why then there are some performances from various tours where she will say "turn my mic up".

The RHT Tokyo soundboard where you can hear the man giving her the lyric cues is most noticeable for how she uses these tracks, especially Body Shop when he tells her to slow down because she is singing too fast compared to the backing track vocal.

Express Yourself on RIT she sounded strong without a lead vocal track, she even came into too early in Boston and sounded terrific.

5 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

In the Girlie Show from Sydney Cricket Grounds, there is a mic feed for Vogue and she is singing live right over top of the guide vocal. 
it is very revealing. 

To be fair, my vocals are going over the top of hers when I,m in my car. I,m still singing live. And I,m not even using any effects lol

1 minute ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

So can you mainly hear pre-recorded vocals or live vocals?

Is she actually singing live or is it completely lip synched? 

I'm confused. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth going to see this show? 

:Madonna007:

From what I heard, she is actually singing live but there is a backing track with pre-recorded vocals just in case.

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let's be clear, everyone does it these days. Even P!NK, Cher, Taylor, everyone. No one actually ever does a complete live show.

Exactly- Michael Jackson pretty much mimed the whole history tour except the Jackson 5 medley - let’s not forget the queen of mime - Britney Spears ?

5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Exactly- Michael Jackson pretty much mimed the whole history tour except the Jackson 5 medley - let’s not forget the queen of mime - Britney Spears ?

haha oh yea Britney. I saw her a few years ago. It was like they just put the circus CD in the player and hit play - there was no band, nothing. lol. 

And about Britney, I like when she does lipsynch, because she has to do choreography.

It suits her pop style. Plus her concert songs and sound quality  always sound perfect (not watered-down, live versions, like other pop artists).

I dont mind any artist lipsynching, as long as they look beautiful and do their choreography well. Dancing is an art form, lipsynched or not.

Obviously I’m going to be extremely happy and grateful if my show goes ahead whatever the set list, but I will be gutted if she means God Control, Dark Ballet and Human Nature are permanently cut now. I hope it was just a timing/lateness issue last night and she doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. Was really looking forward to those performances! 

4 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

And about Britney, I like when she does lipsynch, because she has to do choreography.

It suits her pop style. Plus her concert songs and sound quality  always sound perfect (not watered-down, live versions, like other pop artists).

I dont mind any artist lipsynching, as long as they look beautiful and do their choreography well. Dancing is an art form, lipsynched or not.

Same. It might have been different in her other tours, but with the Circus tour, the lack of a 'band' and the lip synching made it feel not live at all - had she had a live band or something live about it, lip synched and did her thing, for me, I would have felt much more connected to the experience. 

3 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

I don't mind lipsynching too

About Britney, I won't comment because I respect her but her performances are just... HUM

39 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

Obviously I’m going to be extremely happy and grateful if my show goes ahead whatever the set list, but I will be gutted if she means God Control, Dark Ballet and Human Nature are permanently cut now. I hope it was just a timing/lateness issue last night and she doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. Was really looking forward to those performances! 

She said she has “modified difficult parts of the show.” That doesn’t necessarily mean those songs will stay out. I guess we will find out either way soon.

I find it hard to believe she’d cut that whole intro permanently. She could just as easily dance a lot less and not do the handstands in Human Nature.

I don’t agree with lip syncing.

From what I have seen and heard I don’t think this show is lip synced at all. In some songs she is singing over the top of prerecorded vocals but you can clearly hear her voice. Like someone said she has done this since The Virgin Tour. I don’t know why she does it when she has such fantastic backing singers on this tour. Old habits die young I guess.

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I'm so glad she cancelled early to let fans know. She's doing the right thing by pacing herself. 

I expected more of an uproar, but I haven't read much past your post in this thread.  As you know, I've been saying this all along she will not make the three dates in a row. 

People with France tickets, should take this as a forwarning as she will cancel a show in between multiple dates in a row.

As suspected, I knew she is not willing to cancel her tour or compromise her show by just sitting down. She wants to put on as many shows as possible, and keep it intact as much as possible. 

I'm glad she  cancelled these shows more in advance.  Hopefully she'll do the same for future dates. 

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t agree with lip syncing.

From what I have seen and heard I don’t think this show is lip synced at all. In some songs she is singing over the top of prerecorded vocals but you can clearly hear her voice. Like someone said she has done this since The Virgin Tour. I don’t know why she does it when she has such fantastic backing singers on this tour. Old habits die young I guess.

Oh let's not kid ourselves. She's been singing to backing tracks forever now.  She's doing it with this show as well.  It's just possible that some of the tracks, fans are able to hear her live vocals more, compared to some past tours.

I will say, the best mixed show she's done in this manner is Confessions.  The cool thing is that most of the time, she re-records vocals for the live shows, and then sings along with them.  So it's not necessarily always a studio track she's singing with. 

1 hour ago, bedtimestory said:

Exactly. We never would've had Vogue at the MTV Awards Marie Antoinette style if we were so hung up on live vocals. Give me great choreo, give me show, give me art! I can listen to the CD at home for her voice.

This is what Madonna does best.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic