Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

A few comments about the last pages...

1. About the cutting of first three songs: imagine Blond Ambition starting with Where's the party :devil:

2. About the backing track. This is so interesting. We should start a thread about this, sharing selected performances like the Vogue GS mic feed @boytoy77please! @Alan LeggateI don't remember any show with M saying "turn my mic up", which ones are you referring to? @scionI loved your details and would love to know more about the vocal mix is made: the vocal engineer decides how much the real voice is heard? I would love to know more about the different sound in LFL Brits audience vs tv and also what the MXT musicians are playing live... I am doing the backstage tour and I think we can ask questions, so please suggest some!

3. About the cancellations. Sorry for those who are losing their tickets. Funny cause I had tickers for Feb 5-6 but, thinking Tue was safer after a day off, I bought a ticket for Feb 4 a few days ago. I had a ticket for Waitress, I asked the venue to move it to Wed, they did, today I had to ask to move it back to Tue, they were really patient. I still find it strange that she could have followed doctors instructions and performed Tue - off - Thu - off - Sat and Sun, with just one double show. I have the impression that as TM clearly stated that Feb 4 was the one with more tickets available (I could buy 5th row a few days ago!), they maybe cancelled the less crowded to disappoint less people.

26 minutes ago, Enrico said:

A few comments about the last pages...

1. About the cutting of first three songs: imagine Blond Ambition starting with Where's the party :devil:

2. About the backing track. This is so interesting. We should start a thread about this, sharing selected performances like the Vogue GS mic feed @boytoy77please! @Alan LeggateI don't remember any show with M saying "turn my mic up", which ones are you referring to? @scionI loved your details and would love to know more about the vocal mix is made: the vocal engineer decides how much the real voice is heard? I would love to know more about the different sound in LFL Brits audience vs tv and also what the MXT musicians are playing live... I am doing the backstage tour and I think we can ask questions, so please suggest some!

3. About the cancellations. Sorry for those who are losing their tickets. Funny cause I had tickers for Feb 5-6 but, thinking Tue was safer after a day off, I bought a ticket for Feb 4 a few days ago. I had a ticket for Waitress, I asked the venue to move it to Wed, they did, today I had to ask to move it back to Tue, they were really patient. I still find it strange that she could have followed doctors instructions and performed Tue - off - Thu - off - Sat and Sun, with just one double show. I have the impression that as TM clearly stated that Feb 4 was the one with more tickets available (I could buy 5th row a few days ago!), they maybe cancelled the less crowded to disappoint less people.

1. Yes, but we're talking about an injury here, so we need to be a bit more sensitive to the issue, even if it changes in future shows.

2. All her tours have had her just singing along with a certain tracks.   It just seems most artists tend to do it more and more in the last 20 years.

3. Cancellations affecting anyone is not good, but I think by this point, we knew she wasn't able to perform three days in a row without a day off in between.

4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

1. Yes, but we're talking about an injury here, so we need to be a bit more sensitive to the issue, even if it changes in future shows.

2. All her tours had her just singing along with a track.  It just seems most artists tend to do it more and more in the last 20 years.

3. Cancellations effecting anyone is not good, but I think by this point, we knew she wasn't able to perform three days in a row without a day off in between.

Re LFL Brits, this is a video on YouTube which shows what the audience heard: 

Vs what we heard on the stream/YouTube:

The stream/YouTube one she is defiantly singing live, you can hear it - but strange that the audience one you can't - 

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Re LFL Brits, this is a video on YouTube which shows what the audience heard: 

Vs what we heard on the stream/YouTube:

The stream/YouTube one she is defiantly singing live, you can hear it - but strange that the audience one you can't - 

I'm not sure what you're trying to point out to me.  I acknowledged that she sings with pre-recorded vocals many times. Nothing strange to me.  Obviously, in this instance, at the live show, the pre-recorded vocals were louder than her own live vocals.  Though, the live feed being televised made her live vocals more louder at most times.  She's always done this as far back as her 80's concerts.  She will sing live along with pre-recorded vocals.  A good example of this is when you hear her sing "Express Yourself" on BA.  Most of it was pre-recorded vocals you hear.  Then, "Open Your Heart" and "Causing A Commotion" her live vocals were more prevalent.  Then when she went into "Where's The Party" it was her clearly singing along with a track that was louder than her live vocals.

3 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to point out to me.  I acknowledged that she sings with pre-recorded vocals many times. Nothing strange to me.  Obviously, in this instance, at the live show, the pre-recorded vocals were louder than her own live vocals.  Though, the live feed being televised made her live vocals more louder at most times.  She's always done this as far back as her 80's concerts.  She will sing live along with pre-recorded vocals.  A good example of this is when you hear her sing "Express Yourself" on BA.  Most of it was pre-recorded vocals you hear.  Then, "Open Your Heart" and "Causing A Commotion" her live vocals were more prevalent.  Then when she went into "Where's The Party" it was her clearly singing along with a track that was louder than her live vocals.

Sorry! I quoted the wrong member - was meant to be @Enrico

41 minutes ago, Enrico said:

2. About the backing track. This is so interesting. We should start a thread about this, sharing selected performances like the Vogue GS mic feed @boytoy77please!

absolutely.  Until that thread starts, I will share mine here for the time being.  It is from my Youtube channel from a post made back in 2011.  The audio is solely on the right speaker ONLY.  It is one channel pulled from a 5.1 audio mix.

10 hours ago, scion said:

No she doesn’t. It’s a prerecorded track. 
Even the real band are playing only partially over a base recording. 

next you’ll be saying the piano on S&S was real too... she doesn’t mind instruments being faked, remember Lola in Tel Aviv?

Have you got any evidence to say that she isn't playing? 

3 hours ago, boytoy77 said:

absolutely.  Until that thread starts, I will share mine here for the time being.  It is from my Youtube channel from a post made back in 2011.  The audio is solely on the right speaker ONLY.  It is one channel pulled from a 5.1 audio mix.

Big favour, can you please send me Express Yourself in this format? ❤️

10 hours ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

So can you mainly hear pre-recorded vocals or live vocals?

Is she actually singing live or is it completely lip synched? 

I'm confused. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth going to see this show? 

:Madonna007:

She’s singing live but the guide track and effects are way stronger than previous tours.

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

She’s pretty much been doing that since the girlie show so it’s no shock 

True, but back on GS it was mild backing tracks when she was singing live, and on DWT to RIT, no lead vocal backing tracks, she’s slowly upped her track game on tours since.

9 hours ago, Jackie said:

Let's be clear, everyone does it these days. Even P!NK, Cher, Taylor, everyone. No one actually ever does a complete live show.

Kylie Minogue - totally live start to finish. Occasional backing track in choruses but always way quieter than her lead, strong live vocal. Hate to say it but yes, some artists do indeed sing a totally live show.

33 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

Imagine she is opening with Dress You Up and performing The Virgin Tour...

Nah, make it a good tour, imagine she is performing WTG! 

that being said, that’s her most energetic tour ever so she’s got no chance with her knee... more chance of DWT ?

• Fighter unfeatured this topic