Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

7 hours ago, scion said:

I must admit, there is no better Madonna experience than watching the WTGT with virtual surround on a 5.1 system and playing it loudly. Peak Madonna right there. 

alternatively the deal 5.1 mix of GS is superb, I just find most of the concert excruciatingly boring besides JML.

Period mate!  :smokey: 

And I absolutely agree with @Enricoabout the  lost opportunity in terms of musical possibilities this record and theatre experience is representing for some of us. The only tracks I use to listen from the show are Human Nature (excellent arrangement, my ideal kind of music), Batuka (thrilling energy) and Welcome to my fado club/Sodade (the real gift from this show musically imo).

Said that, I'm waiting, dieing to be honest, to finally see the show in dvd-bluray formats,, having unfortunately lost my chance in Lisbon, due to a last minutes cancellation.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Relieved to hear that everything went well tonight, and it’s fantastic that she’s still getting acclaim with this tour. I’m particularly looking forward to seeing a photograph of her performing in the new outfit for God Control. 

21 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Love loving this review from Andriy of Madonna Tribe:

Just back from the show at my hotel.
Overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions.
A few things from the top of my stupid head...
The woman shines. She is fucking amazing.
The hits? Forget about those. Who needs those? The show shines with the Madame X songs. She brought light and life to those.
Frozen floored me.
Come Alive was a highlight.
Her voice was on fire. Fire!!! She sang live and she sounded amazing.
She danced her ass off. I did not see a 61 year old woman. I saw an artist who gave it all for the audience. She gave it all. The RHT does not come close. If she were in pain she never showed.
We bumped fists when she exited with I Rise. She touched me. That was it for me.
The show is fucking amazing.
There is no point in comparing it with any other show. It is different. And it is better in so many ways. I can't find words to describe it.
My heart is still pumping with excitement. I still can barely breathe.
And the no phones policy is the best thing - just watch her perform. I am dreading the day when we're not going to be able to.
Absolutely fucking brilliant. I am sorry to the mods and you guys for the swear words but I can't express myself otherwise. I have never seen anything like this.
This Ukrainian boy is happy. I will fly back to Kiev thinking about this experience. Yes, I was worried she might cancel, yes, I was worried she might not perform a few songs that I knew she performed at other shows by reading this forum, but she just blew my mind away with this show. Still sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited by Andriy on Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

I get emotional reading these kinds of reviews. I know the feeling he has. If you see like 10 Madonna concerts, you get that feeling EVERY time you see her. I’m overjoyed for him.

12 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I get emotional reading these kinds of reviews. I know the feeling he has. If you see like 10 Madonna concerts, you get that feeling EVERY time you see her. I’m overjoyed for him.

Ditto! Every Madonna show and experience has been the best for me too and so special. I have no doubt this one would be too. I can't wait for the Blu Ray. ????

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Most every review has been very kind to her.  It's mostly some fans (oddly those who haven't seen it), who find something wrong with it.  

8 hours ago, Winn said:

I was just gonna brag about how my show got Crave but then the poster above got a fist bump which I didn't get so now I'm depressed lol

As a passionate M fan, I am full of hope and excitement for a show that I have been looking forward to for months.

With full love and respect for M, we should be able to share both our excitement and disappointment particularly during these eventful touring months without being ridiculed.

It’s fantastic that last night’s crowd got the full whammy, that M was up to it and that it was such a great show (fist pumps included) ?

37 minutes ago, Kieran said:

With full love and respect for M, we should be able to share both our excitement and disappointment particularly during these eventful touring months without being ridiculed.

Unfortunately there have been too many fans expressing disappointment about the show without actually seeing it. Or complaining about cancellations when they weren't even effected by it. So that can make the negativity seem overwhelming for everyone.

Here's a quick pot stirring question?  If someone buys a ticket from another fan, and that show gets cancelled, will that fan who bought the ticket from the other fan get a refund?  After all, they didn't buy it from the ticket agency, so how does that work? Anyone?

11 hours ago, MarXus said:

Most every review has been very kind to her.  It's mostly some fans (oddly those who haven't seen it), who find something wrong with it.  

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Unfortunately there have been too many fans expressing disappointment about the show without actually seeing it. Or complaining about cancellations when they weren't even effected by it. So that can make the negativity seem overwhelming for everyone.

This happens with other artists, too.  People who haven't seen the show are the ones who pan it.  I attend shows of many artists, and they are always much better than I expected.  Performing artists shine so brightly when in front of their audience.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic