Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

51 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Here's a quick pot stirring question?  If someone buys a ticket from another fan, and that show gets cancelled, will that fan who bought the ticket from the other fan get a refund?  After all, they didn't buy it from the ticket agency, so how does that work? Anyone?

I had received a note from Ticketmaster about Madame X show in Philadelphia.  They said if the show was cancelled, money would be automatically refunded to the credit card which was used for the purchase.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

This happens with other artists, too.  People who haven't seen the show are the ones who pan it.  I attend shows of many artists, and they are always much better than I expected.  Performing artists shine so brightly when in front of their audience.

I had a similar experience with Kylie Minogue’s Golden Tour. I remember not being too pleased with it before I went to see it for myself in the arena, and the experience definitely changed my overall opinion, so I try not to be too critical about the Madame X Tour until I’ve (hopefully) seen it for myself.

11 minutes ago, Ronk said:

This happens with other artists, too.  People who haven't seen the show are the ones who pan it.  I attend shows of many artists, and they are always much better than I expected.  Performing artists shine so brightly when in front of their audience.

Yes I’ve noticed that too. It happened with Kylie’s last tour, her super fans complained about it being scaled down and having too many hits. Then when I saw it it was fantastic. 

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I had a similar experience with Kylie Minogue’s Golden Tour. I remember not being too pleased with it before I went to see it for myself in the arena, and the experience definitely changed my overall opinion, so I try not to be too critical about the Madame X Tour until I’ve (hopefully) seen it for myself.

There's something about a live performance that can't be duplicated with television, video, or DVD.  There's love in the air, a connection of the artists with those in the audience.  There's also the atmosphere or aura that you only feel if your are there surrounded by the event.

I hope so much you get to see Madame X.  I was very lucky my show was not cancelled.  The three previous shows were cancelled.  But if my show had been cancelled I would have been grateful that Madonna was taking care of herself instead of risking further injury.  And I would have cried knowing the pain she must be going through, because she does not cancel a show unless there is no choice.  Madonna is in a very tough situation right now.  I hope fans think more about her :heart:  than they think about themselves. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I hope so much you get to see Madame X.  I was very lucky my show was not cancelled.  The three previous shows were cancelled.  But if my show had been cancelled I would have been grateful that Madonna was taking care of herself instead of risking further injury.  And I would have cried knowing the pain she must be going through, because she does not cancel a show unless there is no choice.  Madonna is in a very tough situation right now.  I hope fans think more about her :heart:  than they think about themselves. 

Thank you. She has announced two cancellations ahead of time recently, and neither were my date, so I do have some hope that perhaps I’ll get to see her for the first time. This is definitely a very special experience therefore I really hope to see it. 

23 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I had received a note from Ticketmaster about Madame X show in Philadelphia.  They said if the show was cancelled, money would be automatically refunded to the credit card which was used for the purchase.

That's what I thought, so that means the money would go to the original ticket buyer, which can screw the buyer out of his/her money if the show is cancelled? 

14 minutes ago, Ronk said:

There's something about a live performance that can't be duplicated with television, video, or DVD.  There's love in the air, a connection of the artists with those in the audience.  There's also the atmosphere or aura that you only feel if your are there surrounded by the event.

Well said.  I agree the live atmosphere creates a special moment.  In many cases, people aren't paying attention how well she's singing. Most are singing along and/or watching the visuals or dancers.  I haven't seen a bad concert by Madonna yet.  I've been to pretty much all of her tours.  Yes, there are some that might be better than others, but I don't know it just so hard to think that she even puts on a bad show. 

So when I see the performance on DVD, many times, I say, that's not how I remember it sounded, but at the same time, the DVD provides another (and many) look(s) at what was missed when you were there live. 

I don't see Madame X as a bad show.  I think it's been riddled with unfortunate circumstances, which really have nothing to do with the actual show.  I think a lot of people, panning this concert aren't really panning the actual performances (and how can they, if they haven't seen it?), but thinking more the ticket prices, the late starts, the cancellations and the politics behind it all, including her injuries (which some oddly question is true?).

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Well said.  I agree the live atmosphere creates a special moment.  In many cases, people aren't paying attention how well she's singing. Most are singing along and/or watching the visuals or dancers.  I haven't seen a bad concert by Madonna yet.  I've been to pretty much all of her tours.  Yes, there are some that might be better than others, but I don't know it just so hard to think that she even puts on a bad show. 

So when I see the performance on DVD, many times, I say, that's not how I remember it sounded, but at the same time, the DVD provides another (and many) look(s) at what was missed when you were there live. 

I don't see Madame X as a bad show.  I think it's been riddled with unfortunate circumstances, which really have nothing to do with the actual show.  I think a lot of people, panning this concert aren't really panning the actual performances (and how can they, if they haven't seen it?), but thinking more the ticket prices, the late starts, the cancellations and the politics behind it all, including her injuries (which some oddly question is true?).

Yes, I agree.  I think people complaining about ticket prices, late starts, and cancellations, should step back and think again about the situation.  The chance is to be in the same room with the artist who reinvented pop music and led the way for the artists who followed, and is rightfully an icon, queen, and legend.  That chance makes concerns about cost and inconvenience seem trivial in the greater scheme of things.   To me, it is not transactional.   It's not about paying money and expecting entertainment in return.  It is entirely about the chance to be in that room with Madonna.

You go to concerts and watch DVDs, so I would love your opinion on this:

I hope Madonna releases an audience-level DVD of the Madame X show.  Not one taken from cameras on cranes or on the ceiling or from other places where members of the audience would not be, but from where people actually sit or stand.   And I would want the sound coming from the position of the camera, not from a feed on the stage.  Such a DVD would give some of the feeling of actually being there.

I make videos from my seat at most concerts I attend of many artists, and I trim each down to 4 or 5 minutes of the you-had-to-be-there moments.  While those videos cannot recreate the aura of being there, they bring back the memory of that aura of what it was like in the audience.  I use my videos as memories of the experience.

I think the professional DVDs are great for people who did not attend the tour, but for people who did attend but couldn't record, the type of video I suggest would be useful, imo.

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

That's what I thought, so that means the money would go to the original ticket buyer, which can screw the buyer out of his/her money if the show is cancelled? 

I think when you sell it now, it's reassigned via the ticket site. So if you sold it, you would sell it through ticketmaster or another site that would transfer it officially. 

Anyone here who's seen the London show from the Royal circle? How was your viewing experience overall? According to seatplan.com this is what the stage looks like from my exact seat.  

On another note: how wonderful does she sound here? Sad i wont be getting a chance of hearing her sing this and Sodade, but at this point i'll just be happy if she feels well enough to do the show at all of course. <3 

1 hour ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

Anyone here who's seen the London show from the Royal circle? How was your viewing experience overall? According to seatplan.com this is what the stage looks like from my exact seat.  

On another note: how wonderful does she sound here? Sad i wont be getting a chance of hearing her sing this and Sodade, but at this point i'll just be happy if she feels well enough to do the show at all of course. <3 

That's a great overall view you,ll have. I like it

49 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I think when you sell it now, it's reassigned via the ticket site. So if you sold it, you would sell it through ticketmaster or another site that would transfer it officially. 

Yes, but what if you just bought it through a fan. For instance, I see people coming here or elsewhere offering a ticket or two, but if you buy it directly through them the ticket agency isn't involved?  Or does everyone usually resell it through some ticket agency?  I've never done it, so I don't know?  Thanks for explaining.  :)

• Fighter unfeatured this topic