Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

2 hours ago, Ronk said:

Yes, I agree.  I think people complaining about ticket prices, late starts, and cancellations, should step back and think again about the situation.  The chance is to be in the same room with the artist who reinvented pop music and led the way for the artists who followed, and is rightfully an icon, queen, and legend.  That chance makes concerns about cost and inconvenience seem trivial in the greater scheme of things.   To me, it is not transactional.   It's not about paying money and expecting entertainment in return.  It is entirely about the chance to be in that room with Madonna.

You go to concerts and watch DVDs, so I would love your opinion on this:

I hope Madonna releases an audience-level DVD of the Madame X show.  Not one taken from cameras on cranes or on the ceiling or from other places where members of the audience would not be, but from where people actually sit or stand.   And I would want the sound coming from the position of the camera, not from a feed on the stage.  Such a DVD would give some of the feeling of actually being there.

I make videos from my seat at most concerts I attend of many artists, and I trim each down to 4 or 5 minutes of the you-had-to-be-there moments.  While those videos cannot recreate the aura of being there, they bring back the memory of that aura of what it was like in the audience.  I use my videos as memories of the experience.

I think the professional DVDs are great for people who did not attend the tour, but for people who did attend but couldn't record, the type of video I suggest would be useful, imo.

I personally am tired of the singing over play back.  Now, I know she's always done it, but it's so so evident anymore.  At least when she was singing "Where's The Party" on Blond Ambition Tour, the playback was louder than her live vocals for the most part, so we didn't hear this double echoing voice coming from her.  But of course, auto-tune wasn't used then either, so add that to today's performances, and it's just make things more worse.

I prefer something more natural from her.  The last several DVD concerts from her, especially MDNA, the vocals and the playback was so noticeable.  I prefer to hear her out of tune than all these vocals effects which really make things worse.  If they can just accomplish what they did with The Confessions Tour where it sounded great. 

I'm worried about this latest concert DVD release, because if they uploaded that Medellin performance from the Billboards awards show with such audio, then I have to wonder what the DVD is going to sound like.  Then again, the Eurovision LAP vocal fix sounds far much better, so who knows?  

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

I personally am tired of the singing over play back.  Now, I know she's always done it, but it's so so evident anymore.  At least when she was singing "Where's The Party" on Blond Ambition Tour, the playback was louder than her live vocals for the most part, so we didn't hear this double echoing voice coming from her.  But of course, auto-tune wasn't used then either, so add that to today's performances, and it's just make things more worse.

I prefer something more natural from her.  The last several DVD concerts from her, especially MDNA, the vocals and the playback was so noticeable.  I prefer to hear her out of tune than all these vocals effects which really make things worse.  If they can just accomplish what they did with The Confessions Tour where it sounded great. 

I'm worried about this latest concert DVD release, because if they uploaded that Medellin performance from the Billboards awards show with such audio, then I have to wonder what the DVD is going to sound like.  Then again, the Eurovision LAP vocal fix sounds far much better, so who knows?  

I understand.  You make good points.

While you seem mostly concerned with the sound in a DVD, I am mostly concerned with the DVD replicating the experience of being there live in the audience.  I can make my point visually.  Compare the last five minutes of this Nightwish concert in Shanghai in two videos.  Those five minutes include the end of their final song, a short break while the band goes backstage, then their return to take their epic bow.

This video is from the audience perspective, and it puts you there, both visually and emotionally,   Check out the last five minutes starting at 40:25

Compare with the following professional video.   it's impersonal, like watching a movie instead of being there, and the sound does not reflect what you would hear from the position of the cameras as they change from place to place... the last 5 minutes starting at 10:42:

12 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I understand.  You make good points.

While you seem mostly concerned with the sound in a DVD, I am mostly concerned with the DVD replicating the experience of being there live in the audience.  I can make my point visually.  Compare the last five minutes of this Nightwish concert in Shanghai in two videos.  Those five minutes include the end of their final song, a short break while the band goes backstage, then their return to take their epic bow.

This video is from the audience perspective, and it puts you there, both visually and emotionally,   Check out the last five minutes starting at 40:25

Compare with the following professional video.   it's impersonal, like watching a movie instead of being there, and the sound does not reflect what you would hear from the position of the cameras as they change from place to place... the last 5 minutes starting at 10:42:

Yes, I totally see what you mean.  I think Madonna's last few concerts take away that "audience perspective" as I believe you're concerned about.  I think of "Deeper and Deeper" on the Rebel Heart Tour DVD.  There are a number of other performances from that DVD that do the same.  You kinda get jilted a lot in some of these performances from the DVD.  So I see what you mean; you prefer a raw visual. 

Certainly, I can understand Madonna wanting to turn some of her concerts into something grander, but I hope she scales back on all the effects and extra production for the DVD.  Some of those scenes can make a person's head spin. LOL!

And she started with Vogue again, cutting God Control, Dark Ballet, Human Nature, clothes change segment and beginning immediately with Vogue... *sigh*

She was late. She started after 9:00, at around 9:10-15. Security said that she has to finish by 11:00 so it all depends on that, so apparently fans will indeed pay for her tardiness...

Also, Crave is gone too and somebody shouted CRAVE before singing Future and made a funny face about it ?

Great rest of the show and she held my hand, so YAS!

5 minutes ago, lmvc said:

She is going late for years... even when she knows she has to cut the show... and she doesn't matter....

It sounds horrible...

Like at least cut the chat section, cover songs, Polaroid and oldies, not the show opener. For a tour that’s called Madame X Tour, she should at least keep the song that defines the Madame X era and the most loved by fans, which sets the mood for the show, not waste too much time on chatter or Welcome to My Fado Club medley or that other cover... 

It's pretty clear to me that she can't do the first act (the most demanding for her body) two nights in a row. It's not a decision they make 5 minutes befeore going on stage because they need to re-program lights, projections, music cues etc. So it's not cut because she's late. Crave was cut for the same reason, but it was at the end of the show when she's probably very tired and tha's why it's now out for good. Also she doesn't cut the Polaroid and chats parts becasue it's when se can rest a little. WAKE UP, SHE'S INJURED AND IN PAIN.

And can we please stop saying she cut "Papa"? She never did it in Europe, it was a politica perfomance for America.  Same for Sodade, I was sure she was going to do it only in Lisbon after they cut it in America. 

14 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It's pretty clear to me that she can't do the first act (the most demanding for her body) two nights in a row. It's not a decision they make 5 minutes befeore going on stage because they need to re-program lights, projections, music cues etc. So it's not cut because she's late. Crave was cut for the same reason, but it was at the end of the show when she's probably very tired and tha's why it's now out for good. Also she doesn't cut the Polaroid and chats parts becasue it's when se can rest a little. WAKE UP, SHE'S INJURED AND IN PAIN.

And can we please stop saying she cut "Papa"? She never did it in Europe, it was a politica perfomance for America.  Same for Sodade, I was sure she was going to do it only in Lisbon after they cut it in America. 

Are you electrosamurai on PopJustice or did you just lift their post verbatim? :coffee:

16 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I wish id been informed of this prior and been offered a refund or partial refund. Absolutely gutted. The wait for her to come on and realising what was about to happen was so unbearable, a very unpleasant experience. This was my one madame x show and purchased with borrowed cash. What a disaster. 

So is there a reason why the cut only happens when she appears late? Sure they don’t plan it early but whatever it is that she’s doing that gets her to come at 12:30 in Miami and Vegas that is keeping her late here too, could be something that is making them decide to reprogram knowing she won’t be there. She could still appear at 8:30 and not do God Control if her injury is the case.

Obviously trying to get under curfew is not the reason for omitting the intro section because she's dressed for Vogue and that takes time. Typically a person doesn't really know they're gonna be late until theyre... late. I mean when she dressed for Vogue she was likely not late yet, know what I mean??

13 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

So is there a reason why the cut only happens when she appears late? Sure they don’t plan it early but whatever it is that she’s doing that gets her to come at 12:30 in Miami and Vegas that is keeping her late here too, could be something that is making them decide to reprogram knowing she won’t be there. She could still appear at 8:30 and not do God Control if her injury is the case.

Because we know she loves to be late if she can, so what's the point of coming early if she can have more time before the show? I'm not saying she's right with that, but 9.10 PM for her is still pretty early. 

Of course this is just my opinion, we'll see if the the next second show in a row will have the opening segment or not.

21 minutes ago, tommymad said:

I wish id been informed of this prior and been offered a refund or partial refund. Absolutely gutted. The wait for her to come on and realising what was about to happen was so unbearable, a very unpleasant experience. This was my one madame x show and purchased with borrowed cash. What a disaster. 

I'm sorry, I get you're upset but she's still doing a 2 hours show. I went to see many artists over the years that did less or different songs than the night before my show. At least you saw it. I was Lucky and I saw the full show in Lisbon (the last time she did Crave), but my next show was cancelled 45 minutes before I was going to enter the venue and my firends that had only the sunday show never saw it (they also had tickets for London..one of the two she cancelled the other day).

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I'm sorry, I get you're upset but she's still doing a 2 hours show. I went to see many artists over the years that did less or different songs than the night before my show. At least you saw it. I was Lucky and I saw the full show in Lisbon (the last time she did Crave), but my next show was cancelled 45 minutes before I was going to enter the venue and my firends that had only the sunday show never saw it (they also had tickets for London..one of the two she cancelled the other day).

I found it hard to enjoy the show because I felt so upset. I shall remember this feeling next time she announces a tour. 

...the reason im saying this here is because i went the show on my own.  I have no chum i can vent with or share in this disappointment..nobody i know is crazy enough to spend 475 quid on a concert ticket. I took out a credit card to pay for it, friends said i was silly to do this as already in debt. So the feeling of being short changed by this woman ive idolized for 30 years is acute. Im sure ill get over it. Not to say i wasnt captivated by parts of the show. Frozen was stunning, loved the stairs in extreme occident and the rescue me interlude were all great theatre. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic