Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

It could be that as well, her injury and her inability to perform the full show consecutively, but it doesn’t sound very ethical or fair, as she’s neither releasing people’s money or giving them the same length of the experience, the same content or the same number of tracks on any date and we’re not talking one missing or changed track. It could be a “two hour show” but technically a large portion of that is talking and bidding, not music.

she could’ve at least replaced the physically taxing songs with ballads like Easy Ride. She did so many ballads effortlessly and she could’ve extended the experience by adding few more that she does while she’s lying in that circle thingy or on the piano. And still, cutting off the opening is too much. It’s new material and I’d let go of any other song on the set list over God Control.

2 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It could be that as well, her injury and her inability to perform the full show consecutively, but it doesn’t sound very ethical or fair, as she’s neither releasing people’s money or giving them the same length of the experience, the same content or the same number of tracks on any date and we’re not talking one missing or changed track.

she could’ve at least replaced the physically taxing songs with ballads like Easy Ride. She did so many ballads effortlessly and she could’ve extended the experience by adding few more that she does while she’s lying in that circle thingy or on the piano. And still, cutting off the opening is too much. It’s new material and I’d let go of any other song on the set list over God Control.

Agreed. And speaking as someone who only saw tonights show, the pacing was really not great, so many monolgues it was hard to get lost in the performance.

54 minutes ago, Winn said:

Obviously trying to get under curfew is not the reason for omitting the intro section because she's dressed for Vogue and that takes time. Typically a person doesn't really know they're gonna be late until theyre... late. I mean when she dressed for Vogue she was likely not late yet, know what I mean??

That's a valid point but why is the first section only cut on days she's late? Until she performs Vogue early, we can't validate either theory

One group of fans says the first section is cut because she's late. The other group says she cuts the first section sometimes because her knee acts up sometimes.

1 minute ago, tommymad said:

Agreed. And speaking as someone who only saw tonights show, the pacing was really not great, so many monolgues it was hard to get lost in the performance.

Yup. The show in itself is a good show, but I don’t think the tracks sit very well with each other and the pacing is bad. It’s like only the Fado section is designed as an actual “section” even though I dislike most of the tracks and the aesthetics in it, but 3/4 of the first segment was gone, American Life felt really cheap and low budget, Vogue was a terrible way to start a show about Madame X not to mention the mediocre choreography. I Don’t Search is good, though the excessive use of typewriters is off-putting, then the interlude of the coffin after American Life was too simplistic compared to the greatness of all her last interludes.

After the Fado section, it feels like cut bits and pieces. Rescue Me interlude is uninspired and too simplistic as well. Frozen is outstanding, and it could’ve had a follow up performance with that same gorgeous outfit, but no, cut into Come Alive then cut into Like A Prayer which is among her least inspiring performances and then I Rise is like alright, though I don’t get the choice of outfit. It’s alright. But not her most memorable closing track.

So many songs could’ve fit the Madame X persona and theme and fleshed her out as an actual secret agent traveling around the world and experiencing cultures could’ve made the set list: God Control, Easy Ride, Why’s It So Hard, Bad Girl, Die Another Day. X-Static Process, How High, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters..etc.

*sigh*

19 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

That's a valid point but why is the first section only cut on days she's late? Until she performs Vogue early, we can't validate either theory

One group of fans says the first section is cut because she's late. The other group says she cuts the first section sometimes because her knee acts up sometimes.

There's no "theory"! She even mentioned in her apology letter when cancelling the two Feb dates in advance, she will have to make adjustments to her show due to her injuries. Obviously, it's a night by night adjustment based on how bad her pain is that day. 

It's weird how some fans go out of their way and make it like she's just making up these injuries and going on late instead. Yes, I know she's had a history of being late on past tours, but what is it going to take for some to see that she's in pain and she's just trying to get through as many shows as possible? She never promised anyone a "set" set list.  Most people who bought tickets months before any of us knew the set list.  Still, that shouldn't matter. She never promised anything in stone there.  Many artists change their set lists throughout their tours based on circumstances on the road or because of their health, if they don't just cancel the rest of the tour.

It's unfortunate that she's cut some of the numbers, but obviously it's due to her injuries.  But I guess some won't be happy unless she performs the whole show and harms herself first.  Then what?  She'll land herself in the hospital or worse, permanently cripple herself.  Is that what some of you want?

I'm a strong proponent of her just cancelling the rest of the tour, if she truly feels that bad, but she outlined it in her last apology that she's seeing the tour out til it's end or as long as she can hold out.  We should be grateful she's putting on any show at this point.  Again, that ticket you hold does not guarantee any sort of set list or how long she stays on stage.  And I'm very certain, even most everyone who went to those shows where she cut numbers, still left happy and enjoyed the show very much. 

11 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yup. The show in itself is a good show, but I don’t think the tracks sit very well with each other and the pacing is bad. It’s like only the Fado section is designed as an actual “section” even though I dislike most of the tracks and the aesthetics in it, but 3/4 of the first segment was gone, American Life felt really cheap and low budget, Vogue was a terrible way to start a show about Madame X not to mention the mediocre choreography. I Don’t Search is good, though the excessive use of typewriters is off-putting, then the interlude of the coffin after American Life was too simplistic compared to the greatness of all her last interludes.

After the Fado section, it feels like cut bits and pieces. Rescue Me interlude is uninspired and too simplistic as well. Frozen is outstanding, and it could’ve had a follow up performance with that same gorgeous outfit, but no, cut into Come Alive then cut into Like A Prayer which is among her least inspiring performances and then I Rise is like alright, though I don’t get the choice of outfit. It’s alright. But not her most memorable closing track.

So many songs could’ve fit the Madame X persona and theme and fleshed her out as an actual secret agent traveling around the world and experiencing cultures could’ve made the set list: God Control, Easy Ride, Why’s It So Hard, Bad Girl, Die Another Day. X-Static Process, How High, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters..etc.

*sigh*

Gosh, yes, like a prayer was quite flat and i dont mean the vocals. It had everyone clapping along of course though, cause its like a prayer. Maybe you should help her with her next setlist? The fan show? She'd never do it. Generally speaking, i like that she does what the hell she wants and i enjoy it on its own merits. On the subject of the absent opening, how does she enter the stage in that performance? Imagine Girlie with no Erotica, Blond with no Express Yourself!

14 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

She's probably late because she's in pain on the second night and starting as late as possible to meet the curfew while delivering the parts of the show she plans to and feels she can handle.  She's clearly prepared to go straight into Vogue with the outfit and all though so it's not a random decision just because she's late.

The first part is one of the most physical parts of the show.

God Control:
M dances at center stage and climbs up the stairs to the center for "a new democracy" and exits through stage door (since there are no elevators, assumes she climbs down the Batuka ladder backstage again)

Dark Ballet:
M starts reclined on bottom steps of stairs, then M climbs onto piano and tussles with dancers near piano (even though this whole part is play acted, it's very physical and can obviously be painful if they interact with her incorrectly); finally hauled off piano by uniformed police then put in circular window

Human Nature:
M does handstands and splits inside circular frame

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

There's no "theory"! She even mentioned in her apology letter when cancelling the two Feb dates in advance, she will have to make adjustments to her show. Obviously, it's a night by night adjustment based on how bad her pain is that day. 

It's weird how some fans go out of their way make it like she's just making up this injury and going on late instead. Yes, I know she's had a history of being late on past tours, but what is it going to take for some to see that she's in pain and she's just trying to get through as many shows as possible? She never promised anyone a "set" set list.  Most people who bought tickets months before any of us knew the set list.  Still, that shouldn't matter. She never promised anything in stone there.  Many artists change their set lists throughout their tours based on circumstances on the road or because of their health, if they don't just cancel the rest of the tour.

It's unfortunate that she's cut some of the numbers, but obviously it's due to her injuries.  But I guess some won't be happy unless she performs the whole show and harms herself first.  Then what?  She'll land herself in the hospital or worse, permanently cripple herself.  Is that what some of you want?

I'm a strong proponent of her just cancelling the rest of the tour, if she truly feels that bad, but she outlined it in her last apology. She's seeing the tour out til it's end or as long as she can hold out.  We should be grateful she's putting on any show at this point.  Again, that ticket you hold does not guarantee any sort of set list or how long she stays on stage.  And I'm very certain, even most everyone who went to those shows where she cut numbers, still left happy and enjoyed the show very much. 

You make valid points but allow those who attended a chopped up show to share their disappointment. 

5 minutes ago, tommymad said:

Gosh, yes, like a prayer was quite flat and i dont mean the vocals. It had everyone clapping along of course though, cause its like a prayer. Maybe you should help her with her next setlist? The fan show? She'd never do it. Generally speaking, i like that she does what the hell she wants and i enjoy it on its own merits. On the subject of the absent opening, how does she enter the stage in that performance? Imagine Girlie with no Erotica, Blond with no Express Yourself!

Couldn’t agree more. I can’t imagine any of her tours beginning abruptly like this. She did this at MDNA Tour in some city and she began with Express Yourself. I wasn’t there but I’m pretty sure a show missing Girl Gone Wild and the whole transgression section would be a far cry from the original version.

I too appreciate her doing what she wants but I feel like she misses a lot of amazing opportunities to revive forgotten gems, album tracks and songs that fit the theme. Hell even this era, it was promoted with the secret agent persona who travels the world, yet she wasn’t fleshed out and the subject wasn’t fully explored to be some tiny genuinely global and mesmerizing. They reduced her to a typewriter that randomly plays.

1 hour ago, tommymad said:

You make valid points but allow those who attended a chopped up show to share their disappointment. 

I'm not stopping anyone from sharing their disappointment.  Point out, where I said such a thing???  However, I find it peculiar that most people sharing their disappointment are those who haven't attended one of those shows or haven't even seen the show period.

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

I'm not stopping anyone to share their disappointment. However, the only people sharing their disappointment who hasn't even attended one of those shows or haven't even seen the show. 

It's weird how all these very low posts people (or the same Debbie Downer posters) suddenly pop out of nowhere to voice their disappointment, but you never see them participate in any other threads usually, sharing what they enjoy about her. The person I quoted posted only has two posts under his name when joining in this conversation, yet he sure has a lot to be disappointed about. Odd don't you think??

Yeah maybe, i was just thinking of myself. Seeing as still on the coach on the way home from the show. Its still raw and im tired!

Honestly, in Philly, the audience, including myself, didn’t really get any engaged physically until Like A Prayer (standing, clapping, dancing). And show is choppy. But perhaps maybe Madame X is too. After all, you can’t hit a moving target. So maybe Madame X is running... constantly. A sorjourn to Medellin to escape the very thing she’s trying to observe and warn. The world. That’s just my take on it. Just like there was no real reason for the eye patch except Madame X was hurt at some point. To me, she does so because it’s easier to look at the world with one eye. 

2 minutes ago, tommymad said:

Yeah maybe, i was just thinking of myself. Seeing as still on the coach on the way home from the show. Its still raw and im tired!

Again, my comments are aimed at those who are complaining constantly and feed off this disappointment you are sharing.  I didn't go back far enough to see until now to see that you actually went to the show.  But I didn't quote you originally when I said what I said.  So yes, I understand your disappointment, especially if you were expecting to see that first section. It's unfortunate, however like I mentioned above, she stated she would have to make adjustments due to her injuries in her apology when cancelling the two dates in advance.  At this point, we have to accept what she chooses to do night by night when performing for the rest of the tour.   

16 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Again, my comments are aimed at those who are complaining constantly and feed off this disappointment you are sharing.  I didn't go back far enough to see until now to see that you actually went to the show.  But I didn't quote you originally when I said what I said.  So yes, I understand your disappointment, especially if you were expecting to see that first section. It's unfortunate, however like I mentioned above, she stated she would have to make adjustments due to her injuries in her apology when cancelling the two dates in advance.  At this point, we have to accept what she chooses to do night by night when performing for the rest of the tour.   

Yeah fair enough. Its just, as i say the disappointment is still raw. As i previously posted, i couldnt afford to see the show but if id seen the full thing as madonna originally intended id have felt better about it. (As in, I got myself into more debt for my queen)

3 minutes ago, tommymad said:

Yeah fair enough. Its just, as i say the disappointment is still raw. As i previously posted, i couldnt afford to see the show but if id seen the full thing as madonna originally intended id have felt better about it. (As in, I got myself into more debt for my queen)

Ha, well we all do.  But I'm sure the more you think about it, you'll still agree you had a great time, and it was still a superb show. 

40 minutes ago, MarXus said:

It's weird how all these very low posts people (or the same Debbie Downer posters) suddenly pop out of nowhere to voice their disappointment, but you never see them participate in any other threads, sharing what they enjoy about her. The person I quoted posted only has two posts under his name when joining in this conversation, yet he sure has a lot to be disappointed about. Odd don't you think??

We don't tolerate this type of attitudes and insinuations so you may wanna reconsider. It is extremely rude, discriminatory and the only conclusion is drama.

41 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I'm not stopping anyone from sharing their disappointment....The person I quoted posted only has two posts under his name when joining in this conversation, yet he sure has a lot to be disappointed about. Odd don't you think??

Well I am somewhat new to this site and I have a job. So I can't have over 1000 posts immediately, maybe one day.

For claiming to "not stop anyone from sharing disappointment" you seem to be upset that I only have 2 posts and I'm joining in this conversation as you feel its "odd" that I did so. If not, then you wouldn't have pointed it out. So I guess I'll go back to lurking and not post here anymore. Thanks

1 minute ago, dankpepe said:

Well I am somewhat new to this site and I have a job. So I can't have over 1000 posts immediately, maybe one day.

For claiming to "not stop anyone from sharing disappointment" you seem to be upset that I only have 2 posts and I'm joining in this conversation as you feel its "odd" that I did so. If not, then you wouldn't have pointed it out. So I guess I'll go back to lurking and not post here anymore. Thanks

Don't worry Marxus isn't in the team and has absolutely no right to police anyone's posting. 

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

We don't tolerate this type of attitudes and insinuations so you may wanna reconsider. It is extremely rude. Some people only come on the forum to talk about the shows they're seeing since that's the only interaction they have with her aside from buying her music, they don't have to be here every day discussing every little thing or discussing every aspect of her career to have their own opinions. 

My apologies if I offended.  Though in all fairness I never expected or stated people had to come here to be here every day, discussing every aspect of her career.  I was pointing out how some just come here to be critical all the time, and never participate in other threads or share what they enjoy about her.  Again, my apologies.  :)

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

My apologies if I offended.  Though in all fairness I never expected or stated people had to come here to be here every day, discussing every aspect of her career.  I was pointing out how some just come here to be critical all the time, and never participate in other threads or share what they enjoy about her.  Again, my apologies.  :)

Thanks but I'm not the person you offended. :)

18 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I apologize if I offended.  I'd love to hear more of your point of view?  My original post I quoted of yours was about the "theory" you brought up.  She did say she was going to amend her show due to her injuries. 

So did you go to the concert?  Which one if you did?

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

Honestly, in Philly, the audience, including myself, didn’t really get any engaged physically until Like A Prayer (standing, clapping, dancing). And show is choppy. But perhaps maybe Madame X is too. After all, you can’t hit a moving target. So maybe Madame X is running... constantly. A sorjourn to Medellin to escape the very thing she’s trying to observe and warn. The world. That’s just my take on it. Just like there was no real reason for the eye patch except Madame X was hurt at some point. To me, she does so because it’s easier to look at the world with one eye. 

Thanks for posting. I hadn't thought of this before but it makes so much sense and matches for what's happening. 

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Has anyone considered the late starts may be because she’s in physical pain and can’t even sit down sometimes? And does 6 hours or therapy everyday?

This could have been the case in past tours too. We know her shows in the past were physically demanding. She may have been dealing with injuries longer than this.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic