Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

No crave just the intro, she didn’t do beer bitch instead sand DCFMA because Andre Lloyd Webber in the audience, I’m buzzing her voice was amazing no sign of injury. They tried to cut her off at the beginning of I Rise and she was shouting fucking censorship, the dancers came out from behind the iron curtain and she followed singing I Rise Accapella she really is a true pro I’m so happy

From Neil at Madonna Tribe:

Best night of the tour by far for me. Aside from when she sat on my lap and felt me up.

She started just after 9 with God Control.

No beer bitch - instead we had DCFMA (not the whole thing but enough - second verse to the end) with Andrew Lloyd Weber watching. 

As Come Alive came to an end she turned to the backing singers and said GO. This was 10.55pm. During Future she was visibly hurried and said something about not being pulled off stage.

At the end of Like a Prayer she got the entire audience ping and chanting I HAVE ONE MORE SONG, I HAVE ONE MORE SONG.

As the curtain pulled across she said “keep my mic on. I’m finishing the show. We’re going on”.

The lights went down for I Rise at 11.10pm and just as the intro started they closed the curtains on her.

BARE IN MIND THE FINAL CURFEW IS 11.15pm.

She started chanting censorship - off stage - and 2500 people - with the lights on - chanted too - it was good humoured, in support of Madonna. It was crazy and exciting and positive. 

Her sound team through the stage speakers restarted I Rise as the dancers all came on stage along with the band and crew and backing singers in their off stage outfits. With the house mic on and music just audible she performed the whole of I Rise IN FRONT OF THE IRON CURTAIN.

It was like a gigantic FUCK YOU to the petty London Palladium who shut her down 5 full minutes before curfew. 

Venue security were all over the place, whining. Everyone left their seats and crowded the stage shouting and singing I Rise. Best most amazing atmosphere.

At the end, defiant to the last, she excited through the crowd flanked by her own awesome security full crew dancers and singers. Despite the crowd being out of their seats , they just parted for her safe exit. It was magic.

On the way out the London Palladium security were hanging their heads in shame. Ranging from “Westminster Council pulled the plug” (so a counsellor was on site to pull it 5 minutes early?) to “omg I’m so worried this will be in the papers tomorrow”. One security guard said to me “we’ve seriously fucked up here. She wasn’t late”.

So let’s not start bleating that she was over curfew. She wasn’t. She has until 11.15pm according to venue security.

Absolutely brilliant end. I live for moments like this where I see the brave defiant shit disturber Madonna come to the surface. And in the face of petty over zealous London Palladium security tonight, she won.

The rest of the run will be very interesting. 

Brilliant night.

I did tape the whole show but just got back to my hotel and it’s not a very good recording music is quiet but her talking is loud. Im not back home till Friday was going to record my show tomorrow as well I’m 2nd row stalls but not confident that will be any better, the bass in the theatre was very heavy 

1 minute ago, Matty said:

I did tape the whole show but just got back to my hotel and it’s not a very good recording music is quiet but her talking is loud. Im not back home till Friday was going to record my show tomorrow as well I’m 2nd row stalls but not confident that will be any better, the bass in the theatre was very heavy 

YOU ARE A HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok here I am in my hotel room ready to answer questions!

Yes, I made it, no problems with the code having my internet page left open.

Neil has said it all, I will repeat a few things if you want.

My recorder stopped after 2 minutes. This phone is a total failure. I tried it at home recording 4 hours. Yesterday the app crashed the whole phone I believe.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic