Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

20 minutes ago, Martin Verbeek said:

Madonna was singing Simon and Garfunkel tonight . The Sound of silence. Listen here.. ♡♡♡ https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8PszTxBpJt/?igshid=1b9ferfnqpr4o

For the most part, gorgeous. Interesting how she always sings other peoples songs more beautifully than her own.

Beautiful. This should be fully rehearsed and should be put into the Fado section alongside Sodade and Can’t Help Falling In Love. 

Just now, MarXus said:

Why is it when she sings other people songs and when they are live she sounds terrific?  I wish she'd just sing a concert live without all the backing tracks and effects. 

Exactly.

Ill say it a million times, when she wants to she can really knock if out of the park.

Don’t forget, RIT she either sang fully live, or mimed. There was no singing over backing tracks, it was either a case of moving her mouth to a track or singing Live as a loud clear voice... and she delivered every single time. 

I want that Madonna back, and that was probably one of her least physical tours. 

46 minutes ago, Martin Verbeek said:

Madonna was singing Simon and Garfunkel tonight . The Sound of silence. Listen here.. ♡♡♡ https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8PszTxBpJt/?igshid=1b9ferfnqpr4o

This Madame X era is turning to be so frustrating for me. 

Like...her creativity is still in its right place...but the execution isn't. It's clear the 3 years she spent here in Portugal did nothing good for her. She stopped training her body and vocal chords. What do you get? Your body rejects training when you start doing it again and your voice fails. By the time she recorded the album her vocals were almost non-existent and started the promo campaign still with no vocal training in place (Billboard awards, Eurovision, etc). 

She already started the tour with amazing vocals and you could tell she had vocal training...but after a few months, she sounds even better! This Sound of Silence performance was literally planned from yesterday to today. She probably rehearsed it a couple times and this is how great she sounds?

I wonder how Madame X album would sound if recorded right now?

Edited by Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly.

Ill say it a million times, when she wants to she can really knock if out of the park.

Don’t forget, RIT she either sang fully live, or mimed. There was no singing over backing tracks, it was either a case of moving her mouth to a track or singing Live as a loud clear voice... and she delivered every single time. 

I want that Madonna back, and that was probably one of her least physical tours. 

RIT was one of the least physical tours? I actually say that about Confessions. First section only Like a Virgin could be a bit demanding. She walks and poses for most of Future Lovers, Jump and Get Together. If you think about it...her first actual dance break happens in Isaac followed by Sorry. Third section you only got Let It Will Be. It was basically the entire last section that was physical. 

RIT you still had that Vogue/Nobody Knows Me moment. You got Express Yourself, Hanky Panky, Die Another Day, Don't Tell Me and the last section from 5 songs, 4 of them had heavy choreo. 

Edited by Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues (see edit history)

My provocative questions to Kevin Antunes during the backstage tour and his politically correct answers:

1. You rehearsed many songs, we saw it on IG, why was Easy Ride rejected?

= We always rehearse many songs but it's difficult to create a setlist, for instance Rescue me in full wasn't working when placed inside the show, too long.

2. Why don't you do surprise songs like in RHT? The fado section would be perfect for that.

= The musicians are always changing positions backstage and onstage and it would be difficult. Also, we don't have a drummer.

3. You don't have a bass player either!

= I play the bass (plays samples on keyboards)

He played for us Vogue, the typewriter, the TOAC sounds and also the bass line of the Into the groove remix, saying he would have loved to do that.

The only thing that pisses me off about her attitude is, she knew all along she had a curfew when she signed the contract with the venue, she has been through this time and time again. Her arrogance only hurts her fans, who miss out on elements of the show because she is too stubborn. Just like she tells fans to stay home, maybe she needs to only perform in places where she can do whatever she wants. Just like people keep saying "you know she starts late, just shut up and accept it" I'd say to Madonna "you knew there was a curfew just shut up and deal"

It isn't as if she had no idea about a curfew and they just dropped it on her without warning. She can fight all she wants with the venue, but again the ones in the middle of it, her fans, are suffering as a result and she doesn't seem to give a fuck about it, she is only concerned with herself and what she wants. 

On top of that, she is totally disrespectful to the staff at these venues who should not be forced to work late because of her "art". Oddly enough she seems more and more entitled than ever before.

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Yes she sang the sound of silence you could tell she was still pissed about last night mentioning a few times that she was against the clock, American life she didn’t do the full rap she screamed I’m assuming this is her way of getting out her frustrations. She said she was not only a performer or a pop star but a story teller and it’s hard to tell a story when you’ve got a stop watch against you. She said people need to stop complaining about the change of show on the 2nd night it’s either no show or altered show we all know she has an injury so people need to shut the fuck up. 

I feel that she is gaslighting her fanbase, those who are upset at least, into thinking they have the problem. It makes me feel extremely depressed to read about her rudeness. My Madonna fandom really makes me feel bad about myself at the moment, and that's a first. Not to mention the whopping defect in my bank account.

56 minutes ago, Matty said:

Yes she sang the sound of silence you could tell she was still pissed about last night mentioning a few times that she was against the clock, American life she didn’t do the full rap she screamed I’m assuming this is her way of getting out her frustrations. She said she was not only a performer or a pop star but a story teller and it’s hard to tell a story when you’ve got a stop watch against you. She said people need to stop complaining about the change of show on the 2nd night it’s either no show or altered show we all know she has an injury so people need to shut the fuck up. 

Well by the sounds of her mood, it seems like the owner of the theatre (Andrew Lloyd Webber) hasn't admonished the theatre staff. They probably were on tender hooks as well when he showed up.

I was surprised by the later start last night as I thought she would have pulled it out bag like the first night as he was in the audience. I was discussing it with one of my friends today who produces/directs theatre productions and she said while she understands this is a Madonna theatre show and not a West End theatre show, even she would be itching to know what the delay was because you're lucky to get 5 minutes past the scheduled start time. Perhaps Andrew Lloyd Webber who must be so used to theatre shows starting on time was perplexed by it. Who knows.

I do have a little bit of empathy for Madonna. As a person, I 9 times out of 10 am constantly running late (usually nights out, but a couple of times for work...) I haven't reached the superior stage though of saying to my boss to shut the fuck up, either I do some work or no work. Would be fab!

I remember talking to one of the general managers at RHT in Glasgow when they put the lights on and implemented curfew and she said that they had given Madonna an extra 40 minute grace period but as the time was approaching midnight and she had just finished Unapologetic Bitch, they had to implement the curfew because she said the fact they had let her run so late on a Sunday night meant they were likely to get a heavy fine. Although I seem to recall it came out afterwards that Glasgow Council were so happy to have someone as huge as Madonna play Glasgow, Scotland that they waived the fine to the arena.

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

My provocative questions to Kevin Antunes during the backstage tour and his politically correct answers:

1. You rehearsed many songs, we saw it on IG, why was Easy Ride rejected?

= We always rehearse many songs but it's difficult to create a setlist, for instance Rescue me in full wasn't working when placed inside the show, too long.

2. Why don't you do surprise songs like in RHT? The fado section would be perfect for that.

= The musicians are always changing positions backstage and onstage and it would be difficult. Also, we don't have a drummer.

3. You don't have a bass player either!

= I play the bass (plays samples on keyboards)

He played for us Vogue, the typewriter, the TOAC sounds and also the bass line of the Into the groove remix, saying he would have loved to do that.

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and review. I loved your questions to Kevin too. Well done. Sleep well. 

Ricardo filmed the whole "there are two types of shows" speech, I wonder if he's going to post it.

In a very provocative attitude, she also cut the "Lisbon speech". She said :

You're having a Readers Digest version. They tell me I talk too much. Lets make it short. My son loves soccer. We went to Lisbon. I made a record. I met Celeste Rodriguez and her grandson.

You know I rarely defend Madonna, but she started around 9 pm, we can't compare with what happened in the States with really late starts.  There was just one song missing, it was not that late, they could have accepted the 5 extra minutes. But the moment was precious, with all the Batukadeiras joining in on I rise. The sound in the venue was different than the one you hear in the post, for instance from my seat I could hear the backing track very well, some mics were on although at a low volume.

3 minutes ago, Enrico said:

You know I rarely defend Madonna, but she started around 9 pm, we can't compare with what happened in the States with really late starts.  There was just one song missing, it was not that late, they could have accepted the 5 extra minutes. But the moment was precious, with all the Batukadeiras joining in on I rise. The sound in the venue was different than the one you hear in the post, for instance from my seat I could hear the backing track very well, some mics were on although at a low volume.

The few audios that I've download, Medellin always seems to have either this weird echo or as if she is behind the music or in front. Is this playback do you think? Is the echo so evident in the theatre?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, scion said:

Exactly. Not many will get the irony.

At the end of the day if she is making a point of shortening every second show, she should do a pro-rata style percentage refund on all tickets for all day 2 affected shows, because it’s seriously unfair. 

I was considering going today and had the ticket in my basket (not the best, row M), but for £455 I’m glad I didn’t bother now. 

Roll on the next proper arena or stadium tour... I’m so interested to see what happens when this whole strange era is over.

Love her to death but common sense applies, the way fans adopt her excuses across social media is cult like and ugly in all fan bases and political parties. She fucks up she just needs to take responsibility and apologize, not shout censorship and blame the venue.

1 hour ago, Alan Leggate said:

I remember talking to one of the general managers at RHT in Glasgow when they put the lights on and implemented curfew and she said that they had given Madonna an extra 40 minute grace period but as the time was approaching midnight and she had just finished Unapologetic Bitch, they had to implement the curfew because she said the fact they had let her run so late on a Sunday night meant they were likely to get a heavy fine. Although I seem to recall it came out afterwards that Glasgow Council were so happy to have someone as huge as Madonna play Glasgow, Scotland that they waived the fine to the arena.

I know for a fact that that Sara Zambrino instructed her own production manager in advance that Madonna would finish her set after Unapologetic Bitch. That Madonna decided to do Holiday at the last minute without power was entirely of her own volition, was not the decision of the arena and had no bearing on the final (fixed) fine.

And "Glasgow Council" couldn't give a toss about Madonna playing a city that every other major star plays several times over. Live Nation (not the arena) did indeed pay the fine.

Madonna half heartedly made it sound like she'd been censored the next day on IG (no one silences the queen etc) but she knew it was her own team's decision, unlike this time where it's clear she's furious about it and had no idea it was gonna happen.

5 hours ago, scion said:

Exactly.

I miss the old days too, when I didn t have to roll my eyez on fans narrow reality shows jury's posts. 

17 hours ago, ron92 said:

Those comments are trash. The show is really long, and she already cut Crave. It’s impossible to star earlier because of the line for the phone ecc...

Agreed! It takes forever to get in with the queue moving slowly and an airport-style body search to go through. If she had started on time some might have missed the beginning, despite apprearing just around door opening time.

25 minutes ago, Artistica said:

Agreed! It takes forever to get in with the queue moving slowly and an airport-style body search to go through. If she had started on time some might have missed the beginning, despite apprearing just around door opening time.

At what time do you suggest me to go? 

Tnks 

Edited by EM (see edit history)

• Fighter unfeatured this topic