Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

1 hour ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

Is there any way of getting cheap last minute tickets to the shows in London? Are there any types of last-minute sales on the remaining tickets or do they just let them go unsold and the seats are empty?

A lot of UK shows that are unsold go to a company that sells dirt cheap tickets for premiere of movies. Culture Club were £3 a ticket, and Shakespears Sister went to groupon first at £25, and then to the aforementioned website for £15 or less depending on show. 

For Madonna, I haven’t heard a thing yet about this, but tickets on the day are noticeably less available than the US shows which were heavily reduced. Madame X seems to be selling well, albeit slowly. 

12 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Enjoy and appreciate the show all, no matter the set list.  

Haha... what’s the worst that could happen?..

Dark Ballet

Vogue

I Dont Search

Bitch I’m Loca Tour Debut

Crave Intro

Like a Prayer

over.

on a serious note, it’ll all go well I’m sure x

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, scion said:

Honestly though, a “Bitch I’m Loca” video interlude would be a career highlight.

14 minutes ago, scion said:

Haha... what’s the worst that could happen?..

Dark Ballet

Vogue

I Dont Search

Crave Intro

Like a Prayer

over.

on a serious note, it’ll all go well I’m sure x

She'll show up, say "Goodnight, I'm rich" and leave as the curtain drops. 

Long post alert :Madonna051:

I got back home after  travelling from London - lucky to have left Euston when I did as 20 minutes after my train left, they closed the station doors due to overcrowding. Long delays expected after that and I immediately thought of the fans travelling through Euston for tonight's show... :(

So last night, at the foot of left-hand side stage steps:

The typewriter introduction - I was not really looking forward to it, but was hoping to be impressed... but it is quite dull. I get the message and the idea of the repetition - but it's misguided/too long with not enough build up, I feel. One woman just behind me (during the second or third scroll) huffed and moaned quite loudly: "No-one paid to watch this". How rude. I had to laugh lol.

God Control - my goodness. So surreal. M stood centre stage behind the screen. So intimate and just THERE(!) in front of me.  Her movements, the live vocals - months after watching the GC videos online, right there in real life in front of me this was surreal. This was my 11th M show since DWT, but the dreamlike nature of this moment (particularly the first 2 minutes of GC), with M so close to the crowd, was otherworldly. At one moment it felt like I was in a very small TV studio watching her perform for a TV programme. For many moments throughout the show it felt like there was no audience behind me. Dark Ballet - continued awesomeness. Yes, it might not be the most innovative performance from her, but M thrusting and gyrating on the steps just feet away from me - whilst appearing to look directly at me - was literally a moment that I didn't know that I needed in my life :luv: Human Nature - although I've seen this live many times before, there was something about this performance (perhaps the closeness and intimacy) that made it very special. M stood passionately declaring: "I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me" towards the end of the song with such conviction, was such a powerful life affirming moment. Think of any moron that you encounter in life on a daily basis - and M just gives you the power to shrug them off with this one line. A mantra. I totally get why she keeps bringing HN back and some live performances are better than others, but his was a fantastic, passionate performance. Although it was a nice novelty to see the girls, the show doesn't really need them (or need Mercy getting the words wrong - is she even a fan? lol)

After such a long period of time worrying about having the first section cut from my show - I don't get how anyone could refer to there being "two versions" of the show, like a completely different artistic experience is being offered with the changes. No, it's a cut. Many of the images framed in my mind from last night's show are from this opening section and (genuine understanding for M's injury) I feel sorry for the avid fans who get this section cut :(

The costume change/booth was very entertaining. I yelled out a few times in response to the questions about 'eyes to the soul' etc. This is the moment in the show when M is most interactive with the audience. The most "Madonna' moment of the show for me. From here on in it felt like MX was on stage completely, rather than M, as such! This is the moment where she was most likely to respond to any comments from the audience. Polaroid - she went straight to the Brazilian in Row A and there was another guy briefly involved, but I was hoping for more of a bidding war. At the end of AL as she climbed through the door, I saw a £50 note fall out of her outfit and fall under the set - hope it gets picked up and handed back to M  or that Brazilian night be getting 'a Brazilian' for undercutting M lol. Vogue was nice - lovely staging but not a patch on previous performances of this classic. IDSIF was very cool - loved the whole Dick Tracey references (intentional, right?) and staging of this. However - very surprisingly - AL stole this section for me - sounded amazing and M was so very into it. Such a simple, but so powerful, performance. Loved the screaming at the end.

Batuka Live - wow. Not a favourite from the album for me, but the bass... the music rumbled through me with such force! I totally FELT the song. It was touching to hear M talk about Celeste. Being so close I could see that M was very, very close to tears as she spoke of her passing. A very sweet, sad moment.  I could have done without Fado - and I didn't get why it was performed before the Fado set is unveiled. I simple fado-style rendition of a classic ballad, oldie-but-goodie would have went a long way right here. Killers was cool and I loved seeing her 'tease' the 'Pope' guys in Row A who wanted a hand grab but she just stared, sung and pointed with sincerity. I really, really enjoyed the Crazy performance - one of the best of the show for me. Another tease was Bonita stuck within Welcome to My Fado Club. This was the moment in the show that I started to feel a bit for the audience around me that I could tell wanted Immaculate Collection Live, lol. I loved it - as most diehards will, but I feel that the setlist is quite trying if you are not an avid M fan or not even a lukewarm fan of the MX album. There were groups behind me sat for chunks of the show around this moment onwards. 

Medellin - what can I say? I love this song. I was soooo ready. My heart started skipping beats knowing that M was about to come down the steps right infant of me within touching distance. It was going to be a memory for life. The moment arrived... the dancers came down literally next to me. The dancer with the blonde died hair and hat around his back was almost grinding against me, other dancers taking over the floor space around me - with M stood as the queen at the top of the steps at the centre of it all. Highlight of the show - for half a minute - I literally felt as though I was up on stage with M and the gang in Why's it So Hard Live in The Girlie Show! :party: I was SO alive. Then they all went back up the stairs and finished the song onstage.  I was not totally gutted - as the show was continuing to be a great experience - but I was disappointed. It must have been because Graham Norton was sat on the other side of the stage (?) Bloody Graham!! I had no idea that he was there until M went and chatted with him. He did not seem that into the chat. She even said to him: "You're usually so much fun, Graham - what's wrong?"  Awkward.com He just said: "I'm having a break" very dryly lol. He complimented her on the show and thanked her on behalf of all of us. I always get the impression that his opinion of M has lowered in recent years - after holding her up in such a 'star-god like status' previously. Certainly not worth changing the Medellin routine for, and robbing me of my moment (although I was just pleased to have got the full show lol).

Extreme Occident - this is one that I was really looking forward to. One of my top 2/3 songs off MX. I enjoyed it - but it felt so quick and after the high drama of Medellin it seemed a little lost within the show. Rescue Me as a nice nod to the past and great performance from the dancers, but I thought even more could have been done with the delivery of this - more power was needed even if it was to stay as a spoken interlude. 

Frozen - pure, pure, pure iconic goddess moment. Literal tears by the end. The music, vocals, the size of the video from where I was - overpowering awesomeness. Madonna positioned so carefully and elegantly in the frame amongst Loudes' hair and the striking resemblance between her and a younger M. A genuine M live classic moment that is up there with LaP/OhF/LTT from BAT. Beautiful.

Teasing the Crave video - just to return to even more typewriter stuff and then not perform my favourite MX track - more teasing. Why leave the video in!? Come Alive was joyous and I dig the message - and I was looking forward to being converted into a fan of this song but other than the bright colours - it left me a bit bored(?) And then Future... I like this album song, but the drab Eurovision performance sort of killed my interest in it (first time a live rendition has done that for me - live versions usually have the opposite effect). The new verse was lost on me because I couldn't understand the lyrics and the performance was uninspired IMHO. CA and F are certainly the show's weakest links. Switching these two for two older MX-style tracks would have made the show to a whole other level and kept some of the non-diehards on side. I heard a few people commenting on the setlist negatively on the way out and the lady next to me who saw BAT and several other tours was sat down... LAP - nice version of the song. I was loving the vocals and then she missed a line as she walked up the steps. No backing track  So live. So clear. So powerful! This song could do with a rest though, lol. I Rise was a good closer - hit all the right notes and I was living in hope that she might come down my aisle after neglecting us with Medellin - she didn't! M made lots of sarcastic references to Westminster council, dictatorship, curfews etc - one of the many reasons why I love her. After she took the polaroid she joked about how she was sat 'right about' where the 'iron curtain' is and how it might kill her lol. Graham Norton joked that the whole thing added a sense of jeopardy to the show that he enjoyed!

All in all - an amazing night. Much of the experience was gained from being so frigging close after years of arena and stadium seats. The show itself is brilliant - but the setlist holds it back from utter greatness. It is sooo very nearly there! I'd definitely be back and fighting for seats near the front at the next theatre tour - hope there is one. I wanted to come straight home and watch the Blu-ray of the show immediately (but I know it won't be able to capture what I had last night, and I'll certainly be skipping the typewriter and Future lol).  

4 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Long post alert :Madonna051:

I got back home after  travelling from London - lucky to have left Euston when I did as 20 minutes after my train left, they closed the station doors due to overcrowding. Long delays expected after that and I immediately thought of the fans travelling through Euston for tonight's show... :(

So last night, at the foot of left-hand side stage steps:

The typewriter introduction - I was not really looking forward to it, but was hoping to be impressed... but it is quite dull. I get the message and the idea of the repetition - but it's misguided/too long with not enough build up, I feel. One woman just behind me (during the second or third scroll) huffed and moaned quite loudly: "No-one paid to watch this". How rude. I had to laugh lol.

God Control - my goodness. So surreal. M stood centre stage behind the screen. So intimate and just THERE(!) in front of me.  Her movements, the live vocals - months after watching the GC videos online, right there in real life in front of me this was surreal. This was my 11th M show since DWT, but the dreamlike nature of this moment (particularly the first 2 minutes of GC), with M so close to the crowd, was otherworldly. At one moment it felt like I was in a very small TV studio watching her perform for a TV programme. For many moments throughout the show it felt like there was no audience behind me. Dark Ballet - continued awesomeness. Yes, it might not be the most innovative performance from her, but M thrusting and gyrating on the steps just feet away from me - whilst appearing to look directly at me - was literally a moment that I didn't know that I needed in my life :luv: Human Nature - although I've seen this live many times before, there was something about this performance (perhaps the closeness and intimacy) that made it very special. M stood passionately declaring: "I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me" towards the end of the song with such conviction, was such a powerful life affirming moment. Think of any moron that you encounter in life on a daily basis - and M just gives you the power to shrug them off with this one line. A mantra. I totally get why she keeps bringing HN back and some live performances are better than others, but his was a fantastic, passionate performance. Although it was a nice novelty to see the girls, the show doesn't really need them (or need Mercy getting the words wrong - is she even a fan? lol)

After such a long period of time worrying about having the first section cut from my show - I don't get how anyone could refer to there being "two versions" of the show, like a completely different artistic experience is being offered with the changes. No, it's a cut. Many of the images framed in my mind from last night's show are from this opening section and (genuine understanding for M's injury) I feel sorry for the avid fans who get this section cut :(

The costume change/booth was very entertaining. I yelled out a few times in response to the questions about 'eyes to the soul' etc. This is the moment in the show when M is most interactive with the audience. The most "Madonna' moment of the show for me. From here on in it felt like MX was on stage completely, rather than M, as such! This is the moment where she was most likely to respond to any comments from the audience. Polaroid - she went straight to the Brazilian in Row A and there was another guy briefly involved, but I was hoping for more of a bidding war. At the end of AL as she climbed through the door, I saw a £50 note fall out of her outfit and fall under the set - hope it gets picked up and handed back to M  or that Brazilian night be getting 'a Brazilian' for undercutting M lol. Vogue was nice - lovely staging but not a patch on previous performances of this classic. IDSIF was very cool - loved the whole Dick Tracey references (intentional, right?) and staging of this. However - very surprisingly - AL stole this section for me - sounded amazing and M was so very into it. Such a simple, but so powerful, performance. Loved the screaming at the end.

Batuka Live - wow. Not a favourite from the album for me, but the bass... the music rumbled through me with such force! I totally FELT the song. It was touching to hear M talk about Celeste. Being so close I could see that M was very, very close to tears as she spoke of her passing. A very sweet, sad moment.  I could have done without Fado - and I didn't get why it was performed before the Fado set is unveiled. I simple fado-style rendition of a classic ballad, oldie-but-goodie would have went a long way right here. Killers was cool and I loved seeing her 'tease' the 'Pope' guys in Row A who wanted a hand grab but she just stared, sung and pointed with sincerity. I really, really enjoyed the Crazy performance - one of the best of the show for me. Another tease was Bonita stuck within Welcome to My Fado Club. This was the moment in the show that I started to feel a bit for the audience around me that I could tell wanted Immaculate Collection Live, lol. I loved it - as most diehards will, but I feel that the setlist is quite trying if you are not an avid M fan or not even a lukewarm fan of the MX album. There were groups behind me sat for chunks of the show around this moment onwards. 

Medellin - what can I say? I love this song. I was soooo ready. My heart started skipping beats knowing that M was about to come down the steps right infant of me within touching distance. It was going to be a memory for life. The moment arrived... the dancers came down literally next to me. The dancer with the blonde died hair and hat around his back was almost grinding against me, other dancers taking over the floor space around me - with M stood as the queen at the top of the steps at the centre of it all. Highlight of the show - for half a minute - I literally felt as though I was up on stage with M and the gang in Why's it So Hard Live in The Girlie Show! :party: I was SO alive. Then they all went back up the stairs and finished the song onstage.  I was not totally gutted - as the show was continuing to be a great experience - but I was disappointed. It must have been because Graham Norton was sat on the other side of the stage (?) Bloody Graham!! I had no idea that he was there until M went and chatted with him. He did not seem that into the chat. She even said to him: "You're usually so much fun, Graham - what's wrong?"  Awkward.com He just said: "I'm having a break" very dryly lol. He complimented her on the show and thanked her on behalf of all of us. I always get the impression that his opinion of M has lowered in recent years - after holding her up in such a 'star-god like status' previously. Certainly not worth changing the Medellin routine for, and robbing me of my moment (although I was just pleased to have got the full show lol).

Extreme Occident - this is one that I was really looking forward to. One of my top 2/3 songs off MX. I enjoyed it - but it felt so quick and after the high drama of Medellin it seemed a little lost within the show. Rescue Me as a nice nod to the past and great performance from the dancers, but I thought even more could have been done with the delivery of this - more power was needed even if it was to stay as a spoken interlude. 

Frozen - pure, pure, pure iconic goddess moment. Literal tears by the end. The music, vocals, the size of the video from where I was - overpowering awesomeness. Madonna positioned so carefully and elegantly in the frame amongst Loudes' hair and the striking resemblance between her and a younger M. A genuine M live classic moment that is up there with LaP/OhF/LTT from BAT. Beautiful.

Teasing the Crave video - just to return to even more typewriter stuff and then not perform my favourite MX track - more teasing. Why leave the video in!? Come Alive was joyous and I dig the message - and I was looking forward to being converted into a fan of this song but other than the bright colours - it left me a bit bored(?) And then Future... I like this album song, but the drab Eurovision performance sort of killed my interest in it (first time a live rendition has done that for me - live versions usually have the opposite effect). The new verse was lost on me because I couldn't understand the lyrics and the performance was uninspired IMHO. CA and F are certainly the show's weakest links. Switching these two for two older MX-style tracks would have made the show to a whole other level and kept some of the non-diehards on side. I heard a few people commenting on the setlist negatively on the way out and the lady next to me who saw BAT and several other tours was sat down... LAP - nice version of the song. I was loving the vocals and then she missed a line as she walked up the steps. No backing track  So live. So clear. So powerful! This song could do with a rest though, lol. I Rise was a good closer - hit all the right notes and I was living in hope that she might come down my aisle after neglecting us with Medellin - she didn't! M made lots of sarcastic references to Westminster council, dictatorship, curfews etc - one of the many reasons why I love her. After she took the polaroid she joked about how she was sat 'right about' where the 'iron curtain' is and how it might kill her lol. Graham Norton joked that the whole thing added a sense of jeopardy to the show that he enjoyed!

All in all - an amazing night. Much of the experience was gained from being so frigging close after years of arena and stadium seats. The show itself is brilliant - but the setlist holds it back from utter greatness. It is sooo very nearly there! I'd definitely be back and fighting for seats near the front at the next theatre tour - hope there is one. I wanted to come straight home and watch the Blu-ray of the show immediately (but I know it won't be able to capture what I had last night, and I'll certainly be skipping the typewriter and Future lol).  

Wow ...one of the best reviews at this forum yet. Love your emotion in every word and for every twist and turn the show makes. Thank you for taking us right there.  Just excellent. Thank you!!!!! Yayyy

3 hours ago, scion said:

A lot of UK shows that are unsold go to a company that sells dirt cheap tickets for premiere of movies. Culture Club were £3 a ticket, and Shakespears Sister went to groupon first at £25, and then to the aforementioned website for £15 or less depending on show. 

For Madonna, I haven’t heard a thing yet about this, but tickets on the day are noticeably less available than the US shows which were heavily reduced. Madame X seems to be selling well, albeit slowly. 

Which website are you referring to?

Yeah I’ve been checking Ticketmaster on the day and they haven’t reduced any of the prices. I always hear about this dynamic pricing and unsold seats going for cheap close to the time, but I’ve never seen it myself. 

Edited by Haseena (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I have to take a bus in less than 4 hours, so I'll write tomorrow.

@Vogueristaalready found out that I met Tim Rice!! So happy.

I also met Alan Cumming on the stairs , he was then the beer bitch. He was pretty intimidated by M. She said "I hope I could be as good as you in Cabaret". He recalled when she went to see the show.

The young boy for the Polaroid, Charles, is the son of someone from the production, I saw him wearing a special backstage pass. But the moment was funny with a boy and M was funnier than usual with him.

I recorded this night, too!

Well done. Can't wait to hear more details from you later. What great unforgettable moments for you. Travel safe!!

• Fighter unfeatured this topic