Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

By the way, was that you sitting behind Madonna in one of the beer bitch segments on insta???

Yes, but not right behind. It was Feb. 9 with Alan Cumming. I was on 6th row.

It was interesting to witness all the preparation for it. Alan was not totally convinced, he looks somehow preoccupied. As a matter of fact, the chat was not "fluid", wasn't it?

On my row Tim Rice was sitting, and we all were hoping M would sing You must love me to him, considering it was Oscar night.

12 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Yes, but not right behind. It was Feb. 9 with Alan Cumming. I was on 6th row.

It was interesting to witness all the preparation for it. Alan was not totally convinced, he looks somehow preoccupied. As a matter of fact, the chat was not "fluid", wasn't it?

On my row Tim Rice was sitting, and we all were hoping M would sing You must love me to him, considering it was Oscar night.

I do hope for more spontaneous moments like that in Paris!

Lovely memories @Enricoafter ALL the stress and anxiety of recent weeks:dead:

I'm glad you were able to get pictures with M's crew. I saw them walking around Marlborough Street but was too shy to ask them for a pic :cryin: Anyway, it's great to see how down-to-earth they are all, even though they're working for a legend in the industry.

16 hours ago, MarXus said:

I don't believe this at all.  She's too much of an attention whore. I don't mean that has a bad thing.  She knows where her bread is buttered. Live Nation will contract her as long as she's planning to tour. It will just be on a tour by tour basis.  I suspect that will be the same with any record company she's with.  The days of investing  of all this money in an artist are over.  People are so fickle and most companies would be insane to ever offer a million dollar deal over a course of several years as she did 10 years ago.  No, the next huge deal she'll be offered is a residency. I doubt she'll take a deal with Las Vegas though, but I would never say never.

I mean...she records and releases a new album every 4 years. That's hardly attention whore behavior. I do hope you're right!

She was going to direct 2 movies. One was canceled. Then there was another right? She was directing another one right? "She'll be helming Taking Flight about ballet dancer Michaela DePrince". But this was announced exactly 2 years ago. Is it safe to say the plan is also canceled? 

22 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I mean...she records and releases a new album every 4 years. That's hardly attention whore behavior. I do hope you're right!

She was going to direct 2 movies. One was canceled. Then there was another right? She was directing another one right? "She'll be helming Taking Flight about ballet dancer Michaela DePrince". But this was announced exactly 2 years ago. Is it safe to say the plan is also canceled? 

I don’t think so necessarily. Movies can take years to get off the ground. If you look back on the history of most films they have a rocky road to getting the green light. So it’s quite normal to be in development for years before filming starts. For eg, for how many years were we hearing about Wonder Woman before it happened? Or even Evita!

I would actually like to see her direct another movie because it’s something she wants to do and I think it would be good for her to take a break from music. I hate the idea of her doing another album for the sake of it. I’d rather her go into it inspired.

If she can fit in a Greatest Hits type tour in between that would be great but I’m not sure how keen on that idea she’d be. Once again, I’d rather she didn’t do it unless she really wants to. Obviously her career needs some damage control but if she’s not willing then she shouldn’t bother. I don’t want to see her reluctantly going through the motions.

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

No. Films take time. A script needed to be written first. So who knows how far along this project is. 

Album releases may have come 4 years apart for only a couple eras, but it’s not always the case.  I expect she’ll be doing new music projects closer together whether that includes tours or albums or both. Touring is where the money is at, so you can bet in a couple of years she’ll be back on the road, unless her health takes a nose dive!

I know she is not into her legacy, and actually this last decade has been "hitless", so another greatest hits album makes no sense. But we really need to celebrate her 40th anniversary in 2022. So I hope that Madame X dvd is released at the end of this year, more or less, and then we get some stuff for 2022. Some songs resung in new arrangements, a remix album to celebrate the Dance Chart achievement, a documentary, a tv special with guests singing her songs. As for me, I'd love a box set including unreleased tracks. But something is much needed and necessary for her future career.

18 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Wow! Great great pics of you and the cast! Well done. And I love your shirt too. Thanks so much for sharing everything that you have. For those of us who couldn't go, you took us right there. Thank you so much! Xxx

That's not the cast, that's Izzy a huge Madonna fan :) 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, Enrico said:

I know she is not into her legacy, and actually this last decade has been "hitless", so another greatest hits album makes no sense.

I imagine a few people won’t agree with me on this, but since a compilation comes every decade or so, I think a Number Ones album could be a smart move now. Global number ones with 7” single edits and video mixes included and remastered, and perhaps a shorter and more exclusive tour. I think it would be a smart way to remind everyone just how legendary and successful she really is, but of course we know what she’s like with her legacy. 

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I imagine a few people won’t agree with me on this, but since a compilation comes every decade or so, I think a Number Ones album could be a smart move now. Global number ones with 7” single edits and video mixes included and remastered, and perhaps a shorter and more exclusive tour. I think it would be a smart way to remind everyone just how legendary and successful she really is, but of course we know what she’s like with her legacy. 

Not that I disagree with this idea, but she has a lot of iconic songs that aren't #1's as well.  But yeah, if they are going to put a compilation together, it's gotta to be something different and special. I think Greatest Hits and compilations are pointless anymore since most people can assemble their own these days.  So we need something more than just slapping a bunch of songs together.  We need updated sounds and a few bonuses to make that set worth it.  Also, anything she releases needs to be tied to a visual or some sort of documentary or film.  She and her team need to shake things up, rather just releasing a new record whether it's old hits or a new music.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, MarXus said:

Not that I disagree with this idea, but she has a lot of iconic songs that aren't #1's as well. 

Looking through her songs though, if they just included songs that reached #1 on any chart then she pretty much has all the hits in the bag. I just think if they’re going to do another greatest hits then a Number Ones collection would be the best idea in terms of sales, because she hasn’t actually done anything big since Celebration was released so I agree with you that it would have to have something special to it. 

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

Not that I disagree with this idea, but she has a lot of iconic songs that aren't #1's as well.  But yeah, if they are going to put a compilation together, it's gotta to be something different and special. I think Greatest Hits and compilations are pointless anymore since most people can assemble their own these days.  So we need something more than just slapping a bunch of songs together.  We need updated sounds and a few bonuses to make that set worth it.  Also, anything she releases needs to be tied to a visual or some sort of documentary or film.  She and her team need to shake things up, rather just releasing a new record whether it's old hits or a new music.

A documentary series covering her whole career for Netflix would be ideal. Something like The Beatles Anthology series. Tied in with another Greatest Hits.

Now I know compilations aren’t common these days but for legacy artists like Madonna they still sell. The last ones by Kylie Minogue, Elton John and various others did quite well. Perhaps they don’t sell like they used to but they still seem to give exposure to the artist. There was also that Halloween compilation for MJ which did well. Mainly because of advertising... if Warner team up with her and get behind a Madonna GH and promote it properly I think it would be worthwhile.

22 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

A documentary series covering her whole career for Netflix would be ideal. Something like The Beatles Anthology series. Tied in with another Greatest Hits.

Now I know compilations aren’t common these days but for legacy artists like Madonna they still sell. The last ones by Kylie Minogue, Elton John and various others did quite well. Perhaps they don’t sell like they used to but they still seem to give exposure to the artist. There was also that Halloween compilation for MJ which did well. Mainly because of advertising... if Warner team up with her and get behind a Madonna GH and promote it properly I think it would be worthwhile.

Yes, Elton John's Diamonds is still selling well.  Madonna definitely would need to tie this into an anthology set and doc or film.

12 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, Elton John's Diamonds is still selling well.  Madonna definitely would need to tie this into an anthology set and doc or film.

I’d prefer a doco personally, these films are quickly becoming passé.

Plus who the hell can play Madonna convincingly? Nobody.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’d prefer a doco personally, these films are quickly becoming passé.

Plus who the hell can play Madonna convincingly? Nobody.

Oh, I didn’t necessarily mean a film on her life.  But something would be more ideal if. It surrounded her. 

6 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't understand fans who want always the same songs over and over. 

Give me new music ALWAYS! 

I think it would be cool if she put out a complete visual album in the next few years. It doesn't have to big. Maybe just five or six  songs. Then perform three of them or more in a Greatest Reinvented hits Tour in 2022.  

• Fighter unfeatured this topic