GleNergie

Madame X Tour | London

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Angelo said:

she really can’t. She is paying by herself the rest of the cancelled dates.

I'm glad you have access to all the contracts and agreements. You must feel privileged. 

 

She still has insurance. Every artist with every tour does - it's a requirement. She can easily cancel for her injury and not have to cover any losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Is true that the January 29th show has been cancelled? 

There’s been no announcement of that. The rumour is that she’s cancelling Jan 30, Feb 1st and 2nd. But it is just a rumour amongst fans.

Its been said by dancers and crew that even they do not know about cancellations until it goes public. So if someone says “I heard from a dancer” etc it’s made up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately this is so unprofessional, just imagine flying from US or Asia to this date... booking flights/hotels EVERYTHING... & then before one day it’s canceled??? & what??? The debut date for London??? What about the celebrities??? So so unprofessional... fans are flying across overseas to see her. 😔 she can just cancel everything. Or at least give people the chance to attend the other date?!?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ayhamonline said:

then before one day it’s canceled???

one day or one week before, it doesn't really matter for your booking. It's too late to be refund in the majority of case. I don't see your point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ayhamonline said:

Unfortunately this is so unprofessional, just imagine flying from US or Asia to this date... booking flights/hotels EVERYTHING... & then before one day it’s canceled??? & what??? The debut date for London??? What about the celebrities??? So so unprofessional... fans are flying across overseas to see her. 😔 she can just cancel everything. Or at least give people the chance to attend the other date?!?! 

I think at this point fans are prepared for the potential disappointment. Buying multiple tickets, booking flights/accommodation late, expecting it to be more of an expense than originally planned... I know that doesn’t make it good but she really does have an injury and is in a lot of pain. So I’m not sure what you expect her to do? She’s either going to disappoint 50-60,000 people across London and Paris or 10-20,000 by cancelling some shows. Either one is going to have the same impact at this point for most people. There’s nothing she can do about it. Even if she postponed the tour people would lose money. They are doing what they can I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Angelo said:

she really can’t. She is paying by herself the rest of the cancelled dates.

We don’t know that - pure speculation and assumptions based on no facts

however with any insurance and a pre-existing condition either the cost is sky high to accommodate the higher risks to the insurer for the possibility of cancellations, or often any cancellations related to a pre existing condition are not covered - and even then to have any chance of getting an insurer to pay up requires a lot of procedure and tick boxes to do things “exactly right” under the policy wording...

insurance companies are business who make 99% of their money based on no claims and payouts happening - underwriters, risk reviews and health screening would be standard and not declaring the problem as pre existing would nullify the insurance, it might be that they have clauses sending in their own medical assessor on the day prior to agreeing a payout for any cancellation... and that this has been tough to get them to agree up until the last minute.. and each time after her having more regular independent dr reviews before the insurer covers the costs

she has been gambling with this injury for months rather than slowing down much and this damage is going to be cumulative, please madonna think of the bigger long term impact on yourself!

all of this is speculation based on personal and commercial experience of insurers and underwriters (2nd job when younger (over 20 years ago now - wow I’m old) was as tech support for a software company that had product used for reselling commercial insurance)  - no one knows her contractual obligations or the insurance that does or doesn’t cover cancellations related to the knee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My point is, she can’t just keep on canceling RANDOM dates coz of her injury!!! She’s in pain with injury, that’s the situation... she won’t recover by canceling few dates... what’s the point of resting for one day? This type won’t heal by day & night... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think at this point fans are prepared for the potential disappointment. Buying multiple tickets, booking flights/accommodation late, expecting it to be more of an expense than originally planned... I know that doesn’t make it good but she really does have an injury and is in a lot of pain. So I’m not sure what you expect her to do? She’s either going to disappoint 50-60,000 people across London and Paris or 10-20,000 by cancelling some shows. Either one is going to have the same impact at this point for most people. There’s nothing she can do about it. Even if she postponed the tour people would lose money. They are doing what they can I think.

Exactly. If she still feels she’s able to do some shows, I think we should respect that. She’s a grown woman and I think we have to trust that if she really couldn’t do the tour at all then she wouldn’t be. Obviously it’s devastating if your show gets cancelled but I’m sure she sees it as disappointing a portion of her fans or disappointing all of them. She’s doing what she can and that’s respectable.

The whole situation is far from ideal but out of everyone I’m sure she feels that the most, it must be infuriating having your body not let you do what you want it to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sonny

I think that the best way for both M and us fans is to reschedule the remaining shows in London and Paris. Sit down with your management and plan like 2-3 shows per week with days to rest in between. I mean she is not going to perform all shows either way, so just cancel the back to back shows NOW and let us know which shows will go on as planned. This way we as fans will have enough time in advance to cancel flights, accomodations etc. and she can go on with the tour doing at least a few shows and resting in between. If it is not possible then cancel the whole thing and take your time to recover, but this way it's just not working, neither for her nor for us fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ayhamonline said:

My point is, she can’t just keep on canceling RANDOM dates coz of her injury!!! She’s in pain with injury, that’s the situation... she won’t recover by canceling few dates... what’s the point of resting for one day? This type won’t heal by day & night... 

She can do whatever she wants.  It's her show. It's her body!  What's the point of you sleeping nightly?  You rest.  Agreeably, I think most of us feel that the time in between shows isn't enough time for her to heal. Most think she probably should just cancel the rest of the tour if she's in that much pain.  Though, in her defense, she trying hard to stick to performing as many shows as possible. Remember, she's been dealing with the pain since the beginning of the tour.  She has done more shows than not.  Yes, it's very disappointing to fans when she cancels, especially those who traveled and have hotels booked.  However, how you get to her concerts and where you stay isn't her responsibility.  When she cancels, a refund is issued for the ticket bought.  Also, keep in mind, she has to still pay her crew, staff and the venue when she cancels. You don't hear her complaining about that, do you? 

It's understandable for those who are disappointed.  But you must know that, far more people will be out of money if she cancels the rest of the tour.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think that the best way for both M and us fans is to reschedule the remaining shows in London and Paris. Sit down with your management and plan like 2-3 shows per week with days to rest in between. I mean she is not going to perform all shows either way, so just cancel the back to back shows NOW and let us know which shows will go on as planned. This way we as fans will have enough time in advance to cancel flights, accomodations etc. and she can go on with the tour doing at least a few shows and resting in between. If it is not possible then cancel the whole thing and take your time to recover, but this way it's just not working, neither for her nor for us fans.

I do agree but the fact is they’ve had plenty of time to think about it and work out a plan of attack and haven’t changed their approach really. At this point I think we have to just accept this is how it’s going to be. Fans constantly repeating the same ideas and concerns over and over on forums and Instagram isn’t going to change anything. It’s just getting tiresome at this point. All these brilliant ideas that fans repeat over and over they will have already considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think that the best way for both M and us fans is to reschedule the remaining shows in London and Paris. Sit down with your management and plan like 2-3 shows per week with days to rest in between. I mean she is not going to perform all shows either way, so just cancel the back to back shows NOW and let us know which shows will go on as planned. This way we as fans will have enough time in advance to cancel flights, accomodations etc. and she can go on with the tour doing at least a few shows and resting in between. If it is not possible then cancel the whole thing and take your time to recover, but this way it's just not working, neither for her nor for us fans.

Re-scheduling isn't as easy as you think.  Most of these venues need to be booked almost a year in advance.  Also, her crew may not be available for those later dates. But I think we can agree she could sit down and choose what dates she can perform without them being back to back to one another.  Maybe keep all the scheduled dates on Sundays and Thursdays of each week until the end of the tour. Cancel the rest.   Unfortunately, those venues will still want their money for those nights she cancelled.  So it isn't just the fans losing out money.  Still, It would be ideal to announce it ahead of time, that way those who had plans to attend can make changes to any travel and accommodation plans.

At this point, I don't see this even happening.  I think we're just going to have the same routine in cancelling.  We just need to accept the way it is; and appreciate that she's still willing to continue the tour even in pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think that the best way for both M and us fans is to reschedule the remaining shows in London and Paris. Sit down with your management and plan like 2-3 shows per week with days to rest in between. I mean she is not going to perform all shows either way, so just cancel the back to back shows NOW and let us know which shows will go on as planned. This way we as fans will have enough time in advance to cancel flights, accomodations etc. and she can go on with the tour doing at least a few shows and resting in between. If it is not possible then cancel the whole thing and take your time to recover, but this way it's just not working, neither for her nor for us fans.

That’s the best thing to do atm... at least people won’t have nightmares about canceling dates at the last minute. + she can get a proper healing. Btw with injury she won’t perform well... lol in London people won’t let it go easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is; if it isn't this, it would be something else the media will be giving Madonna a hard time over.  What we do know is that even with the canceled shows, she still gets rave reviews in each city she performs.  People tend to gravitate to negativity rather think of the positive.  I prefer to see it as, she's still going on with the show more than not, even though she is in great pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.