Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

3 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, that's what he means.  Weird how the same people continue to jump to the worst conclusions! 

At the same time, I expect she will cancel some future shows.  Next week, will really be a precursor since she has 3 shows back to back.  5 shows in all.  She keeps that schedule up for two weeks.

No one is jumping on any conclusion, it was posted and we had a discussion. That's all, don't be dramatic!

41 minutes ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

This is what a fan attended tonights show said;

"Because people didnt sit down 5 times they called over the loudspeaker. They played Madonnas intro and cut it short as people still not in seats. Then 10 mins later at 9.15 started it again. Gutted to miss the first three songs"

So it WASN’T M’s fault?

3 minutes ago, Andymad said:

So it WASN’T M’s fault?

I don't buy that she delayed the show, or even started the intro but then stopped because people weren't seated. Anyone who has been to a concert/show knows when you hear the announcements you go to your seat, particularly if you hear the opening part! Moreover, the Palladium are strictly following the curfew set. I highly doubt any London show will go past 11.20pm at the latest. So if M is late on stage, she will have to cut songs to make curfew. Which in a way is better than cancelling a show.

Who would have guessed Madame X is also a curfew queen as well.....! I suppose there's a first time for everything.

49 minutes ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

Someone paid £2000 and then someone got one for £200?!!

Man I'd be annoyed if I was the one that paid £2000 lol

Right??? Haha. She took like 4 and she threw one behind her because she said it sucked then she auctioned one and got 1700 then someone else said 2000 so he got it and then she showed the other Polaroid and no one was paying anything then a girl said I only have 200 and I would give it to you anyway even without a Polaroid because you helped me more than you can imagine..etc so Madonna gave it to her and took the money and the the third, no one bid on it so she said she’ll keep it for herself cuz Madame X doesn’t give anything for free because Madame X is a business woman. ?

2 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Right??? Haha. She took like 4 and she threw one behind her because she said it sucked then she auctioned one and got 1700 then someone else said 2000 so he got it and then she showed the other Polaroid and no one was paying anything then a girl said I only have 200 and I would give it to you anyway even without a Polaroid because you helped me more than you can imagine..etc so Madonna gave it to her and took the money and the the third, no one bid on it so she said she’ll keep it for herself cuz Madame X doesn’t give anything for free because Madame X is a business woman. ?

Oh god, I don't know what to say. I won't be bidding for a Polaroid now if I go, that's for sure lol 

Yeah, sorry, I know there is a lot of insider information right now going around MTribe stating that the show was cut due to her injuries, but let's be real -- This is like the Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome. At this point, it's hard to believe there is a legitimately acceptable reason that she shortened the show. She's notorious for being late and cutting segments of the show, as has happened since MDNA. 

I don't blame fans for questioning, and I certainly don't blame attendees for being upset that they got less than a complete show. I would have been livid if she had cut part of my show, especially since I found Dark Ballet and Human Nature to be some of the best performances. 

That said, I'd be curious to see how Vogue worked as an opener. Bet that was a more energetic opener for the crowd.

1 hour ago, truerebel said:

No one is jumping on any conclusion, it was posted and we had a discussion. That's all, don't be dramatic!

Me dramatic? Why so defensive?  LOL!  You're the one carrying on about an IG post by Marvin stating "7 more", concluding the worst, (as you put it "cryptic") rather thinking sensibly that it means 7 weeks, not shows left.  But yeah, I'm the one being dramatic!  :04:

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Me dramatic? Why so defensive?  LOL!  You're the one carrying on about an IG post by Marvin stating "7 more", concluding the worst, (as you put it "cryptic") rather thinking sensibly that it means 7 weeks, not shows left.  But yeah, I'm the one being dramatic!  :04:

Now now boys, let's keep it pretty ??

6 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Yeah, sorry, I know there is a lot of insider information right now going around MTribe stating that the show was cut due to her injuries, but let's be real -- This is like the Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome. At this point, it's hard to believe there is a legitimately acceptable reason that she shortened the show. She's notorious for being late and cutting segments of the show, as has happened since MDNA. 

I don't blame fans for questioning, and I certainly don't blame attendees for being upset that they got less than a complete show. I would have been livid if she had cut part of my show, especially since I found Dark Ballet and Human Nature to be some of the best performances. 

That said, I'd be curious to see how Vogue worked as an opener. Bet that was a more energetic opener for the crowd.

Basically the show started with “what are you looking at?” And then she showed up singing “strike a pose” in a trench coat.

I’m pretty sure they cut it short due to her being late and wanting to finish on curfew at 11:00 PM. She appeared at 9:15-20 and the show was due at 8:30. She was late, fans paid the price for the tardiness.

Great show, yes but taking out 7 songs from the original set list and 5 from yesterday including 2 new tracks, one of which is a show opener and a single is disappointing. Should’ve at least cut the covers instead.

4 minutes ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

Now now boys, let's keep it pretty ??

If you think I'm upset over this, I'm not!  I find all the wild assumptions and doom and gloom that keeps popping up by the usual suspects quite entertaining!  You'd think the sky was falling!  :04:

2 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Not even the typewriter intro? That's weird. 

Nope. Basically they had her speak some recorded piece saying thank you for coming and for not using your phones, let’s enjoy the experience together and then it was like the intro from the album teaser and then what are you looking at?!

1 hour ago, Madonna_Alltheway said:

This is what a fan attended tonights show said;

"Because people didnt sit down 5 times they called over the loudspeaker. They played Madonnas intro and cut it short as people still not in seats. Then 10 mins later at 9.15 started it again. Gutted to miss the first three songs"

Not true because you can see in the prayer circle she was dressed to start at Vogue

6 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Basically the show started with “what are you looking at?” And then she showed up singing “strike a pose” in a trench coat.

I’m pretty sure they cut it short due to her being late and wanting to finish on curfew at 11:00 PM. She appeared at 9:15-20 and the show was due at 8:30. She was late, fans paid the price for the tardiness.

Great show, yes but taking out 7 songs from the original set list and 5 from yesterday including 2 new tracks, one of which is a show opener and a single is disappointing. Should’ve at least cut the covers instead.

Well I’m surprised she didn’t cut the babbling. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s due to injuries.

I still think it was injuries that made her late(waiting for cortisone shots to take effect could be the issue too). Anyway, it's pretty sad as it seems no matter what Madonna does, no one is ever happy. She can never win even if she tries to cut some songs verses cancelling. She's trying so hard to keep going and I respect that a lot.  ?

22 minutes ago, MarXus said:

yet you casually rant about "Weird how the same people continue to jump to the worst conclusions!" 

Not everyone jumps to the worse conclusion, it's all pure speculative at this point. Given the track record of the tour thus far; can you blame how "some people" read into any clue as hint some future dates are to be canceled? 

12 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I still think it was injuries that made her late(waiting for cortisone shots to take effect could be the issue too). Anyway, it's pretty sad as it seems no matter what Madonna does, no one is ever happy. She can never win even if she tries to cut some songs verses cancelling. She's trying so hard to keep going and I respect that a lot.  ?

Yeah, I won't speculate why she was late.  It could be for a number of reasons.  It's pretty useless because it won't change anything. The fact is; she's still trying to do the show the best she can.  Also, there are many artists who cut parts of their shows throughout tours for various reasons.  Her prayer circle from the first London show is quite telling in that she is amazed herself that she's still going. Like you, I respect the fact she's trying to keep the tour going and the show intact the best she can, especially when there are many other songs she can cut because of her injuries.  So whatever she cuts, someone is always going to complain. She calls off for the night, someone will complain. Thanks for being an understanding fan. You rock!  :Madonna018:

40 minutes ago, MarXus said:

If you think I'm upset over this, I'm not!  I find all the wild assumptions and doom and gloom that keeps popping up by the usual suspects quite entertaining!  You'd think the sky was falling!  :04:

I never said that. Just ignore it and focus on the positive posts ???

• Fighter unfeatured this topic