GleNergie

Madame X Tour | London

Recommended Posts

I really don’t think I can imagine her pulling off damage control and damage limitation that will Rectify the ill feeling among the affected fans and also switch the somewhat negative perception of the general public.

This tour so far has been a strange one it’s been a critical success and an absolute PR disaster. Personally I am glad I have held off buying tickets because even though there are moments in the show I would love to see you live judging solely of bootlegs I really do think the risk isn’t worth the pay off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about production.

Adding another night in Lisbon gave only 2 days off until London.

So they moved the first date: now there are three days between Lisbon and London.

But moving it to February forced them to move the first two Paris shows in order to have three days between London and Paris.

If the knees is the problem, three days wouldn't be enough!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Re-InventionUK said:

Well that's me screwed for the 26th January show and I've lost £200 for the hotel I had booked as it's none refundable and cant go for 16th Feb and havent got the money to book another hotel 😠😡🤬

Can you sell the hotel room booking on eBay? You may get enough to get another booking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Semtex1 said:

Can you sell the hotel room booking on eBay? You may get enough to get another booking

I'm looking at trying to sell my hotel booking via a website that re-sell none refundable bookings and they take a 10% charge if the booking gets sold and theres no charge if it doesn't get sold. If not I'll just have to take the full loss 😠 and I'm not risking booking another hotel for the resheduled show incase of any further cancellation of shows due to the knee injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Re-InventionUK said:

I'm looking at trying to sell my hotel booking via a website that re-sell none refundable bookings and they take a 10% charge if the booking gets sold and theres no charge if it doesn't get sold. If not I'll just have to take the full loss 😠 and I'm not risking booking another hotel for the resheduled show incase of any further cancellation of shows due to the knee injury.

This happened to be before and even though it was non refundable I was able to move my reservation to another date. I mean it’s not getting a refund it’s just a date change. Be adamant, worst they can say is no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

This happened to be before and even though it was non refundable I was able to move my reservation to another date. I mean it’s not getting a refund it’s just a date change. Be adamant, worst they can say is no. 

Spoken to the hotel and its non refundable and I am not able to change the date 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Re-InventionUK said:

Spoken to the hotel and its non refundable and I am not able to change the date 😡

This is sad.  I mean; it's not like you're calling the day before, right?  It's not like this hotel won't be able to occupy that room on the date with another person. 

I realize this is almost common practice with all hotels and even with airlines where they sell you these tickets/rooms that are non-refundable unless you pay for insurance which is usually outrageously priced.  Still, it's not like you're cancelling out on them the day before.  Even still, airlines usually have people on standby to take a seat that someone may have given up.  And you can't tell me that hotels won't be able to fill your room on your original date.  And even if you could go on the new date, you're still paying them, occupying a room.

If it is just a matter of you switching dates,  you might try to call back again and talk to upper management. Explain your situation. I would think if you're still staying with them, they could just easily switch the date.  You can't tell me they happened to be booked up that far in advance.  You might have to be quite assertive and threaten to never stay at their establishment and say you're going to pass this on to your friends as well.  Many times, businesses will cave if they feel like their reputation will be tainted.  Now if you're not able to make the new date at all, that might be another issue.  But I'd think this far in advance, you should be able to get refunded.  Be nice, but don't let them walk all over you.  Just asset your position and then if that doesn't work bring up the fact you'll never recommend their place to stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarXus said:

This is sad.  I mean; it's not like you're calling the day before, right?  It's not like this hotel won't be able to occupy that room on the date with another person. 

I realize this is almost common practice with all hotels and even with airlines where they sell you these tickets/rooms that are non-refundable unless you pay for insurance which is usually outrageously priced.  Still, it's not like you're cancelling out on them the day before.  Even still, airlines usually have people on standby to take a seat that someone may have given up.  And you can't tell me that hotels won't be able to fill your room on your original date.  And even if you could go on the new date, you're still paying them, occupying a room.

If it is just a matter of you switching dates,  you might try to call back again and talk to upper management. Explain your situation. I would think if you're still staying with them, they could just easily switch the date.  You can't tell me they happened to be booked up that far in advance.  You might have to be quite assertive and threaten to never stay at their establishment and say you're going to pass this on to your friends as well.  Many times, businesses will cave if they feel like their reputation will be tainted.  Now if you're not able to make the new date at all, that might be another issue.  But I'd think this far in advance, you should be able to get refunded.  Be nice, but don't let them walk all over you.  Just asset your position and then if that doesn't work bring up the fact you'll never recommend their place to stay. 

Do you know how many times a day places hear "I'll never stay/shop/eat here again?" and survive? It's unfortunate that they can't move the date for somebody but that's business - they're not accountable for Madonna moving her concert. If you've gone for a non-refundable room, you've been made aware of the terms and conditions and you agreed to those when you booked. I have a hotel booked for London too when I go but if she cancels, I'm still gonna go down and just have a nice day out in London and that's my advice to the guy in this predicament - use your ticket refund to go and do something else fun and take your mind off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

Do you know how many times a day places hear "I'll never stay/shop/eat here again?" and survive? It's unfortunate that they can't move the date for somebody but that's business - they're not accountable for Madonna moving her concert. If you've gone for a non-refundable room, you've been made aware of the terms and conditions and you agreed to those when you booked. I have a hotel booked for London too when I go but if she cancels, I'm still gonna go down and just have a nice day out in London and that's my advice to the guy in this predicament - use your ticket refund to go and do something else fun and take your mind off it.

The point I was trying to make is why make it "non-refundable"?   Of course, it's not their fault that whatever event you planned got cancelled, but without that event, you would have never booked an airline ticket or room. These businesses know people's plans  can change.  They know unfortunate circumstances happen. It seems to me they pretty much bank on that happening anymore, so they can fill your seat/room with another paying customer, while keeping your money in the process. Lodging and flight tickets are hardly cheap. A lot of people save up for a long time to make such reservations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarXus said:

The point I was trying to make is why make it "non-refundable"?   Of course, it's not their fault that whatever event you planned got cancelled, but without that event, you would have never booked an airline ticket or room. These businesses know people's plans  can change.  They know unfortunate circumstances happen. It seems to me they pretty much bank on that happening anymore, so they can fill your seat/room with another paying customer, while keeping your money in the process. Lodging and flight tickets are hardly cheap. A lot of people save up for a long time to make such reservations. 

Yes I,d rather give that room to 20 homeless rough sleepers.....see how the hotel management like that one. ( Or just advertise a free party on social media ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MarXus said:

The point I was trying to make is why make it "non-refundable"?   Of course, it's not their fault that whatever event you planned got cancelled, but without that event, you would have never booked an airline ticket or room. These businesses know people's plans  can change.  They know unfortunate circumstances happen. It seems to me they pretty much bank on that happening anymore, so they can fill your seat/room with another paying customer, while keeping your money in the process. Lodging and flight tickets are hardly cheap. A lot of people save up for a long time to make such reservations. 

You're...entirely missing the point, but go off. If you sign a contract that states X, Y and Z, you can't then complain that X, Y and Z has happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

You're...entirely missing the point, but go off. If you sign a contract that states X, Y and Z, you can't then complain that X, Y and Z has happened. 

Missed no point!  Simply stated, there shouldn't be a "no refund" policy on Hotel and Flight reservations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 12:42 AM, Franknkm said:

my show... after plan the trip... no words.... i'm very tired of her.... no respect for fans... don't take shit about the LN... and stop to complain her... i'm so sick and tired... it's enought..

MY show is gone tooo,but let's try to still see the show,no matter what, we only will be dissapointed if we do not!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well weirdly I couldn't find any Upper circle tickets for any dates and was wondering if they have moved everyone down and forward....or have the upper tier all sold because they were cheaper. ....I'm not even considering cancellations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Hmm? To throw more confusion in the mix, Ticket master doesn't show any Lisbon dates now, and apparently Madonna.com now lists Lisbon dates only for 16, 18, and 19th.  Her first two dates are no longer showing as her last three dates on this updated page:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madame-x-tour---lisbon-coliseum-concert-dates-confirmed

It’s old news, they added extra dates later on. 
everything is fine here https://www.madonna.com/tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.