Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

1 hour ago, Semtex1 said:

Can you sell the hotel room booking on eBay? You may get enough to get another booking

I'm looking at trying to sell my hotel booking via a website that re-sell none refundable bookings and they take a 10% charge if the booking gets sold and theres no charge if it doesn't get sold. If not I'll just have to take the full loss ? and I'm not risking booking another hotel for the resheduled show incase of any further cancellation of shows due to the knee injury.

6 hours ago, Re-InventionUK said:

I'm looking at trying to sell my hotel booking via a website that re-sell none refundable bookings and they take a 10% charge if the booking gets sold and theres no charge if it doesn't get sold. If not I'll just have to take the full loss ? and I'm not risking booking another hotel for the resheduled show incase of any further cancellation of shows due to the knee injury.

This happened to be before and even though it was non refundable I was able to move my reservation to another date. I mean it’s not getting a refund it’s just a date change. Be adamant, worst they can say is no. 

10 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

This happened to be before and even though it was non refundable I was able to move my reservation to another date. I mean it’s not getting a refund it’s just a date change. Be adamant, worst they can say is no. 

Spoken to the hotel and its non refundable and I am not able to change the date ?

3 hours ago, Re-InventionUK said:

Spoken to the hotel and its non refundable and I am not able to change the date ?

This is sad.  I mean; it's not like you're calling the day before, right?  It's not like this hotel won't be able to occupy that room on the date with another person. 

I realize this is almost common practice with all hotels and even with airlines where they sell you these tickets/rooms that are non-refundable unless you pay for insurance which is usually outrageously priced.  Still, it's not like you're cancelling out on them the day before.  Even still, airlines usually have people on standby to take a seat that someone may have given up.  And you can't tell me that hotels won't be able to fill your room on your original date.  And even if you could go on the new date, you're still paying them, occupying a room.

If it is just a matter of you switching dates,  you might try to call back again and talk to upper management. Explain your situation. I would think if you're still staying with them, they could just easily switch the date.  You can't tell me they happened to be booked up that far in advance.  You might have to be quite assertive and threaten to never stay at their establishment and say you're going to pass this on to your friends as well.  Many times, businesses will cave if they feel like their reputation will be tainted.  Now if you're not able to make the new date at all, that might be another issue.  But I'd think this far in advance, you should be able to get refunded.  Be nice, but don't let them walk all over you.  Just asset your position and then if that doesn't work bring up the fact you'll never recommend their place to stay. 

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

This is sad.  I mean; it's not like you're calling the day before, right?  It's not like this hotel won't be able to occupy that room on the date with another person. 

I realize this is almost common practice with all hotels and even with airlines where they sell you these tickets/rooms that are non-refundable unless you pay for insurance which is usually outrageously priced.  Still, it's not like you're cancelling out on them the day before.  Even still, airlines usually have people on standby to take a seat that someone may have given up.  And you can't tell me that hotels won't be able to fill your room on your original date.  And even if you could go on the new date, you're still paying them, occupying a room.

If it is just a matter of you switching dates,  you might try to call back again and talk to upper management. Explain your situation. I would think if you're still staying with them, they could just easily switch the date.  You can't tell me they happened to be booked up that far in advance.  You might have to be quite assertive and threaten to never stay at their establishment and say you're going to pass this on to your friends as well.  Many times, businesses will cave if they feel like their reputation will be tainted.  Now if you're not able to make the new date at all, that might be another issue.  But I'd think this far in advance, you should be able to get refunded.  Be nice, but don't let them walk all over you.  Just asset your position and then if that doesn't work bring up the fact you'll never recommend their place to stay. 

Do you know how many times a day places hear "I'll never stay/shop/eat here again?" and survive? It's unfortunate that they can't move the date for somebody but that's business - they're not accountable for Madonna moving her concert. If you've gone for a non-refundable room, you've been made aware of the terms and conditions and you agreed to those when you booked. I have a hotel booked for London too when I go but if she cancels, I'm still gonna go down and just have a nice day out in London and that's my advice to the guy in this predicament - use your ticket refund to go and do something else fun and take your mind off it.

2 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

Do you know how many times a day places hear "I'll never stay/shop/eat here again?" and survive? It's unfortunate that they can't move the date for somebody but that's business - they're not accountable for Madonna moving her concert. If you've gone for a non-refundable room, you've been made aware of the terms and conditions and you agreed to those when you booked. I have a hotel booked for London too when I go but if she cancels, I'm still gonna go down and just have a nice day out in London and that's my advice to the guy in this predicament - use your ticket refund to go and do something else fun and take your mind off it.

The point I was trying to make is why make it "non-refundable"?   Of course, it's not their fault that whatever event you planned got cancelled, but without that event, you would have never booked an airline ticket or room. These businesses know people's plans  can change.  They know unfortunate circumstances happen. It seems to me they pretty much bank on that happening anymore, so they can fill your seat/room with another paying customer, while keeping your money in the process. Lodging and flight tickets are hardly cheap. A lot of people save up for a long time to make such reservations. 

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

The point I was trying to make is why make it "non-refundable"?   Of course, it's not their fault that whatever event you planned got cancelled, but without that event, you would have never booked an airline ticket or room. These businesses know people's plans  can change.  They know unfortunate circumstances happen. It seems to me they pretty much bank on that happening anymore, so they can fill your seat/room with another paying customer, while keeping your money in the process. Lodging and flight tickets are hardly cheap. A lot of people save up for a long time to make such reservations. 

Yes I,d rather give that room to 20 homeless rough sleepers.....see how the hotel management like that one. ( Or just advertise a free party on social media ) 

14 hours ago, MarXus said:

You're...entirely missing the point, but go off. If you sign a contract that states X, Y and Z, you can't then complain that X, Y and Z has happened. 

3 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

You're...entirely missing the point, but go off. If you sign a contract that states X, Y and Z, you can't then complain that X, Y and Z has happened. 

Missed no point!  Simply stated, there shouldn't be a "no refund" policy on Hotel and Flight reservations.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:42 AM, Franknkm said:

my show... after plan the trip... no words.... i'm very tired of her.... no respect for fans... don't take shit about the LN... and stop to complain her... i'm so sick and tired... it's enought..

MY show is gone tooo,but let's try to still see the show,no matter what, we only will be dissapointed if we do not!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm? To throw more confusion in the mix, Ticket master doesn't show any Lisbon dates now, and apparently Madonna.com now lists Lisbon dates only for 16, 18, and 19th.  Her first two dates are no longer showing as her last three dates on this updated page:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madame-x-tour---lisbon-coliseum-concert-dates-confirmed

23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Hmm? To throw more confusion in the mix, Ticket master doesn't show any Lisbon dates now, and apparently Madonna.com now lists Lisbon dates only for 16, 18, and 19th.  Her first two dates are no longer showing as her last three dates on this updated page:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madame-x-tour---lisbon-coliseum-concert-dates-confirmed

It’s old news, they added extra dates later on. 
everything is fine here https://www.madonna.com/tour

2 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

It’s old news, they added extra dates later on. 
everything is fine here https://www.madonna.com/tour

Weird? I thought that I linked an updated page?  So that must have been the original dates before more were added, right?  I guess what got me spinning about this is Ticketmaster doesn't even show any of the Lisbon dates for me anymore on their site. It just shows London.  When I do a search on Ticketmaster for Lisbon, it comes back as no events scheduled?  Maybe it's a glitch?  Or maybe something is being changed and I just happened to access the site while they are making changes?  Who knows anymore?  LOL!

22 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Weird? I thought that I linked an updated page?  So that must have been the original dates before more were added, right?  I guess what got me spinning about this is Ticketmaster doesn't even show any of the Lisbon dates for me anymore on their site. It just shows London.  When I do a search on Ticketmaster for Lisbon, it comes back as no events scheduled?  Maybe it's a glitch?  Or maybe something is being changed and I just happened to access the site while they are making changes?  Who knows anymore?  LOL!

First European date was 16 of Jan and later on they added on 12 and 14. And as I said in another topic, Lisbon tickets are sold through Bol.pt so it was never on Ticketmaster :) 

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic