GleNergie

Madame X Tour | London

Recommended Posts

 

1 hour ago, Semtex1 said:

Anyone remember the Gwendoline chat last night ? Here's what I remember...

*Gwendolin said something about "it's not the only thing that has made me wet" after sharing the beer

I don't recall her saying this but what i do remember is her saying (paragraphed): 

M: Winter is coming. (GOT reference)

G: With your energy and dancing on stage winter isn't the only thing coming. 

It was such a cute and funny chat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

My thoughts on the show last night! It's what everyone (read: no one) has been waiting for, the new kid on the forums with 3.5 posts under his belt is here to share his story! :Madonna054:

Pre-show 

We arrived at The London Palladium around 18.30 and there was already a long queue formed outside the theater. After only a minute or two they came to check our tickets while still in line and gave us our paper tickets. A minute after that a lady comes up to us and asks us if we were carrying any bags, we told her we weren't and she sent us right to the first security check, cutting a line of what felt like a 50-80 people. It felt correct. 

Me skipping the line: :Madonna030:

Everyone with a bag: :Madonna039:

The whole Yondr experience went surprisingly smooth. HUGE kudos to the people working at the Palladium and the Yondr ladies, they all worked very hard to make entering and leaving the theater as smooth as possible. As soon as we entered the Palladium we went straight to the bar which was practically empty, grabbed a glass of Champagne rosé (ding!) and watched as the place filled up for the next hour, it was a wonderfully relaxing and fun start to the evening.

When showtime was nearing we headed to our seats and on our way we crossed paths with Tony and Aaron. It was nice seeing Tony up close, as he's a huge part of Madonna touring history. 

Taking a seat 

We were sat at the Royal balcony and we had a fantastic view of the stage, i couldn't believe how close it felt. When Madonnas pre-recorded message came on it all suddenly became so real: the show i've been waiting on for so many months was finally happening. This is my fifth time at a Madonna concert and before the show started one thing hit me: this is the first time i'm attending her show without having seen the whole thing on bootleg recordings beforehand. What a treat! It felt like a privilege to get to devour the experience without having to see it through the sea of a thousand phone screens. We were about to experience a place in time with Madonna that was exclusive to us as an audience. It felt intimate, it felt cozy, it felt special, it felt...like no other show i know of in 2020. 

Showtime

Shortly after her message, Ahlamalik took position and as i suspected: we were getting the whole show.

The typewriter intro is an amazing art piece in itself, it sets the tone and atmosphere for the rest of the show. The message of the James Baldwin quote is loud, clear and in need of being said out loud and repeated.

When Madonna comes on stage i completely fucking lose my entire collection of marbles as the endorphins rush through my brain. As does the lovely woman sat next to me who screamed out Madonna's name as if she were a teenage girl at a Beatles concert. What a treat it was to be seated next to another superfan like her. I wonder if she's on here (blond British woman on row F in Royal, if you read this - holler!)

The minimalist and scaled down staging made me feel closer to Madonna than i ever have before. It felt like i was attending a show in her living room. One reviewer described the show as "madonna bringing her huge arena show to the theater stage" and i honestly couldn't disagree more. Given how this is the closest she's ever been to her audience she could have easily chickened out and decided to hide behind a huge production. The fact that she did not made me realize how incredibly bold and brave of a move this show is for her. To top it all of she looks like she feels incredibly comfortable doing it.

In one way the show is very unlike anything Madonna has ever done, but in another it's more of Madonna than we've ever seen before.

The repeated message of artists being here to disturb the peace, to shake things up, to be radical and sometimes even make people uncomfortable makes me think of how unique of a performer Madonna really is. I can't think of any other current mainstream pop star who is as outspoken and uncensored as she has been throughout her entire career.

It was in the moments of her loosely choreographed almost drunken steps of  "Killers Who Are Partying" ,  the wild dancing and hugging her co-performers during "Batuka" and anthem like ending of "Come Alive" that i could see the passion she has for her record, her show, her art. 

As tattooed on her back during the MDNA tour the woman has NO FEAR. Sometimes it is easier to show your ass than your feeling. During yesterday's show her ass wasn't on display but her feelings sure were. 

Today I'm walking around town a proud life long fan with my new MX t-shirt on. 

Y9UlFB9.thumb.jpg.9cd55a540b2a2bcc989c1403e35aa848.jpg

George! :heart:

It's always great to see people you really like have them most wonderful time! I think I might listen to Come Alive later on in the car as you've put me in that kinda mood :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

So I've been searching for a ticket I can afford for 2 weeks now, no luck at all.

4 hours before the concert and one comes up. I'll never make it in time from Manchester 😢

Screenshot_20200216-163825~2.png

It's a two and something hour train ride... if you really wanted to you could make it, but it'd be a case of travelling light and kinda acting on impulse with a place to stay and getting yourself straight to the venue. I considered it last weekend but trains from Newton-Le-Willows, Manc and Wigan were all buggered with the storm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So last night was my second and final Madame X show (first one was a couple of weeks ago, a shorter show) and I have to say, apologies to anyone who has only seen the shorter show, but the full thing with the first section last night blew me away.

Even though I think Vogue does work well as an opener, the reveal of her standing there behind the American flag during God Control was just insane and gave me shivers. Dark Ballet and Human Nature were brilliant too, and the on stage outfit change section is a better ‘first chat’ with M in my opinion in comparison to the Polaroid segment being the first time you properly hear from her. 

This time I was row B in the stalls as well compared to halfway back in the stalls previously, I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes at times. Especially during God Control, Crazy, Medellin, the fado song... there were moments she was literally 2 metres in front of me. It was so surreal, almost like an outer-body experience!

Also generally I think her energy and spirit was on another level compared to two weeks ago. Maybe it was just it being the first of two shows as opposed to the second, or maybe her physio etc is working well now, but she had such vitality in her movements compared to before. In God Control when she stomps up those steps for ’a new democracy!’ she was really going for it, her injuries were almost unnoticeable at times. She was also just generally quite smiley and laughing a lot with the dancers etc.

One funny moment I can remember was just after the typewriter intro before Medellin, she got up as Medellin was about to start and the chair fell backwards off the little platform and onto the floor. She looked down at it then back at the audience and shrugged :laughing:

But yeah she was on spectacular form last night. And seemed genuinely happy and grateful to be there. During the fado club section when she’s sat in the piano about to do the ‘one two cha cha cha’ slide off the piano, she was about to do it then got the band to pause while she ’cheers’ed to London and it being the second to last show and how there’s nowhere else she’d rather be etc. Was a cute moment.

Sorry for the long post!

Edited by TwistedRope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

 

I don't recall her saying this but what i do remember is her saying (paragraphed): 

M: Winter is coming. (GOT reference)

G: With your energy and dancing on stage winter isn't the only thing coming. 

It was such a cute and funny chat!

Oh yes.....I see where I got the wet reference 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

So last night was my second and final Madame X show (first one was a couple of weeks ago, a shorter show) and I have to say, apologies to anyone who has only seen the shorter show, but the full thing with the first section last night blew me away.

Even though I think Vogue does work well as an opener, the reveal of her standing there behind the American flag during God Control was just insane and gave me shivers. Dark Ballet and Human Nature were brilliant too, and the on stage outfit change section is a better ‘first chat’ with M in my opinion in comparison to the Polaroid segment being the first time you properly hear from her. 

This time I was row B in the stalls as well compared to halfway back in the stalls previously, I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes at times. Especially during God Control, Crazy, Medellin, the fado song... there were moments she was literally 2 metres in front of me. It was so surreal, almost like an outer-body experience!

Also generally I think her energy and spirit was on another level compared to two weeks ago. Maybe it was just it being the first of two shows as opposed to the second, or maybe her physio etc is working well now, but she had such vitality in her movements compared to before. In God Control when she stomps up those steps for ’a new democracy!’ she was really going for it, her injuries were almost unnoticeable at times. She was also just generally quite smiley and laughing a lot with the dancers etc.

One funny moment I can remember was just after the typewriter intro before Medellin, she got up as Medellin was about to start and the chair fell backwards off the little platform and onto the floor. She looked down at it then back at the audience and shrugged :laughing:

But yeah she was on spectacular form last night. And seemed genuinely happy and grateful to be there. During the fado club section when she’s sat in the piano about to do the ‘one two cha cha cha’ slide off the piano, she was about to do it then got the band to pause while she ’cheers’ed to London and it being the second to last show and how there’s nowhere else she’d rather be etc. Was a cute moment.

Sorry for the long post!

Thank you so much. I love all the humorous parts you mentioned. She cracks me up. Thank you for your excellent and fun review!! 💫🕺🏼💃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

So I've been searching for a ticket I can afford for 2 weeks now, no luck at all.

4 hours before the concert and one comes up. I'll never make it in time from Manchester 😢

Screenshot_20200216-163825~2.png


Aww I hope you can make it! I’ve been looking as well but not seen anything below £250. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scion said:

It's a two and something hour train ride... if you really wanted to you could make it, but it'd be a case of travelling light and kinda acting on impulse with a place to stay and getting yourself straight to the venue. I considered it last weekend but trains from Newton-Le-Willows, Manc and Wigan were all buggered with the storm!

There's simply no way I'd have made it in less than 4 hours. Not worth even trying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

There's simply no way I'd have made it in less than 4 hours. Not worth even trying!

From city centre or outer Manchester? 4 hours is manageable if you live city centre, it's tight but you'd have had slight time to spare... it's 1hr55 on some of the trains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m back. Of course, amazing!
She was an hour late but I didn’t care :smuglaugh: Vogue was the opener. Frozen was the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed and other highlights for me were Come Alive, Batuka, Like a Prayer, I Rise, and American Life.

Frozen floored me! I spent the whole thing mesmerised and then completely lost it near the end! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m back. Of course, amazing!
She was an hour late but I didn’t care :smuglaugh: Vogue was the opener. Frozen was the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed and other highlights for me were Come Alive, Batuka, Like a Prayer, I Rise, and American Life.

So glad you enjoyed it.  Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m back. Of course, amazing!
She was an hour late but I didn’t care :smuglaugh: Vogue was the opener. Frozen was the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed and other highlights for me were Come Alive, Batuka, Like a Prayer, I Rise, and American Life.

 

3 minutes ago, Jamesroeni said:

Frozen floored me! I spent the whole thing mesmerised and then completely lost it near the end! 

So happy for you both! 🙏🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m back. Of course, amazing!
She was an hour late but I didn’t care :smuglaugh: Vogue was the opener. Frozen was the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed and other highlights for me were Come Alive, Batuka, Like a Prayer, I Rise, and American Life.

What time did she finish???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.