Madame X Tour | London

GleNergie

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Let’s pray for new album by next year... I don’t see her directing new movie. ?

As much as I’d love that, I feel like it’s at least going to be another three or four year wait. 

I hope she does come back in 2022 at least for her 40th anniversary, whether it’s a new album or a Greatest Hits Tour, either would be fantastic. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, MarXus said:

But the general public needs to see her in a celebratory light. 

Agreed. Some people want her to just carry on and not try and appeal to the general public anymore. I’m not entirely against it but then we have to remember it’s the calm-down and/or celebratory moments like Bedtime Stories or Confessions On A Dance Floor that allowed her to remain appreciated and not be completely rejected or ignored by the public with controversial moments such as Erotica and American Life, and now Madame X in a way. 

47 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Agreed. Some people want her to just carry on and not try and appeal to the general public anymore. I’m not entirely against it but then we have to remember it’s the calm-down and/or celebratory moments like Bedtime Stories or Confessions On A Dance Floor that allowed her to remain appreciated and not be completely rejected or ignored by the public with controversial moments such as Erotica and American Life, and now Madame X in a way. 

I believe Madonna wants to still gain general public attention. The problem is new music no matter how great it is, will guarantee that. She does need to she appreciation to her catalog before it’s forgotten. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, MarXus said:

I believe Madonna wants to still gain general public attention. The problem is new music no matter how great it is, will guarantee that. She does need to she appreciation to her catalog before it’s forgotten. 

I agree completely. I just hope she realises this soon.

All this talk of any kind of movie with her hits... lol... we all know that even if she went down the film route she would want it to focus heavily on her latest songs (eg MX album tracks and Secret Project style productions). Even then, she is more likely to get involved in a non-Madonna movie project.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
17 minutes ago, Jet said:

Greatest hits tour tho...really? Like a prayer, vogue, la Isla Bonita, like a virgin, holiday? Again? I’d rather have a tour celebrating the not so greatest hits, bad girl, nothing really matters, ghosttown, gambler, bedtime story etc.

I’d like a tour that mixes both preferably. 

10 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't understand fans who want always the same songs over and over. 

Give me new music ALWAYS! 

25 minutes ago, Jet said:

Greatest hits tour tho...really? Like a prayer, vogue, la Isla Bonita, like a virgin, holiday? Again? I’d rather have a tour celebrating the not so greatest hits, bad girl, nothing really matters, ghosttown, gambler, bedtime story etc. Who cares about the general public at this stage, she’s done that and she’s done it bloody well. Time for change and play to her loyal audience who will always be there.

Wait, what I meant is that it's bad that at her concerts there are no young people.

New generations don't know her and I think if we want new music she needs to take care of her legacy.

But of course I don't need a GH album, I'd rather have a new one but we all know that is not going to happen #soon. Well, maybe soon in Madonna dictionary = 3 years. So an album of unreleased tracks would help during the wait because you may not remember we almost got crazy between 2016 and 2019 with NOTHING.

As much as I'd love the old unheard catalogue to be performed live, we all know this will never happen. I have no hope. This tour was the perfect occasion, and it didn't happen. She doesn't even know GAMBLER exists. Do I want to her Gambler or Like a virgin in next tour? Of course I want to hear Gambler, Ghosttown and Bad girl, but I am ready to accept Like a virgin if this may help her name and her status to stay alive.

4 hours ago, Kieran said:

All this talk of any kind of movie with her hits... lol... we all know that even if she went down the film route she would want it to focus heavily on her latest songs (eg MX album tracks and Secret Project style productions). Even then, she is more likely to get involved in a non-Madonna movie project.

No one is really thinking that this is going to happen. We're just talking. I agree she seems to be more focus on the new stuff.  I've said that many times as well.  I'm just thinking that for Greatest Hits type of release to work, needs to be tied to something that celebrates her huge hits that has and still resonates with the public.

13 hours ago, Jet said:

Greatest hits tour tho...really? Like a prayer, vogue, la Isla Bonita, like a virgin, holiday? Again? I’d rather have a tour celebrating the not so greatest hits, bad girl, nothing really matters, ghosttown, gambler, bedtime story etc. Who cares about the general public at this stage, she’s done that and she’s done it bloody well.

She really hasn’t. Her inclusion of hits on tours has been scarce for most of her career. Which is why a lot of people won’t fork out hefty prices to see her live anymore.

Madonna could be selling tickets like U2 and Elton John if she wanted to. Sorry but those artists are a lot more popular when it comes to live tours these days because they play the hits. I get that Madonna doesn’t want to do that but she needs to find a balance unless she’s happy for ticket sales to dwindle further.

21 hours ago, Jet said:

Yeah I know the hits have been scarce but when they are there they tend to be the same ones repeated, all I meant was I’d like a show now where it’s not all about a new album but more focus on the lesser hits that haven’t been performed before.

Well then I agree. I think if she were to tour without a new album as well as some big hits it would be great to include some forgotten gems and maybe even some older album tracks. And I’m not talking about Candy Shop :lol: 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic

I saw the last London night, Feb 16. Never a diehard whatsoever, I grabbed a last minute-release “cheap” seat (£140 + fee = £161). It was a short set, but I enjoyed the show, and thought it was worth coming. That being said, however, I couldn’t help but feel shortchanged. While those who attended the first of any of the two consecutive nights in London were invariably treated to a full show, the others who chose the second night by chance or not had to be contended with a truncated set, although we all paid the same price. Unfair. I feel that to say you should feel lucky or grateful as there are many who couldn’t make it to see the show at all because of the cancellation only rubs salt in the wound. It can’t be justified by such false consolation.

IMHO, after Madonna decided to cut short the London second night (Jan 30), she should have carried on with the short set through the rest of ALL the dates if she felt she couldn’t manage the full show every night. At least there would not have been a bitter feeling of unfairness shared among half of the entire crowds who have been to the shows (the fortunate one who caught the first night being the one-off exception). It also would have served as a benefit for her less than perfect physical state. And now, see what’s going on in Paris, the full/short set rotation tactics has indeed started to take its toll.

Last but not least; why did I buy the last minute-release ticket near the end of her London residency, knowing, at that point of time, it was most likely the final night would be a short set, you may ask? I was hoping she might make a last-ditch effort to round off the London leg — boy was I wrong.

Edited by Anonna (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Does anyone know who the beer bitch was on the last night of the London leg on Feb 16? I was there and know it was a woman but I have no idea who it was. I feel like it could’ve been Ellie Goulding but I have no idea :lol: